Space Shuttle Pack for ksp 1.0.4 dev thread

Mike-NZ

hmm so again same question why am I making new shuttle if you Mike are putting everything from my new shuttle to the old one?

So guys what do you suggest? the new one is nearly ready from modeling and texture perspective and animation perspective.

Just a few days and I can finally say to me and to others that it is completed for 100%

But as I am looking here in this thread I am confused. On one side I am happy Mike that you are doing something with the current shuttle but on the other hand I am a little bit pissed cause you are putting the things from my gifs which will be in the new shuttle, to the old one. So I think there will be no need to have two same shuttles with the same things. No offense and as I said I am happy that you are doing something with the current shuttle. I just think there should be a better communication flow about this. do not take it as offense just my 2 cents.

OK first off I LOVE your work and I am happy to see it released.

second, you never replied to my help requests and as I said before I am doing this work just until you release yours, and maybe see what can be added and what works.

I DID say this was unofficial so no need to be pissed.

and if you follow the post I am simply adding requests. I like modding and I like the shuttle so...

Anyway your model (I think) is already underway and will be soon released by dragon (hopefully). he did say it will be better and different than this old one

I thought the ET doors might get your attention, I can see you have been following the thread

what else from your gifs have I taken that it doesn't already have? I just look at the real thing and wonder what I can add...

anyway you have no need to even be bothered by this old one because you know yours and DECQ and Dragons one will be so amazing!

and if you don't understand my PM messages just say.

hope we can still be mates

yours,

Mike from NZ

I think itsneccesarry to get more organized here indeed. Its becomming a bit of a mess this way with a file here and there. You can see we all are technical/nerdy people with little skill in organizing. Autism is ruling here lol.

Wy don't we (the ones working/adding on/to the shuttle) unite via some kinda communication tool (steam i.e.) and create something great all together? Let a select people test the stuff we are working on and only post/release finished stuff.

I honestly wanted this to be a DEV thread for people to test new parts as they come out

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with Jovzin here. Whats happened to that model being integrated?

it seems he doesn't want that...

Mike as I said no offense. Do not be pissed. I am just saying that we really need some sort of communication here. And sorry I need to check your PMs again cause lasti time I know I replied to you. So do not be angry I am just trying to coordinate our work here.

Mike-NZ should simply concentrate on the old CSS shuttle, and only on the old shuttle to get it working stable in 1.0, without making new models and textures, the old ones are good enough, and release it as a KSP 1.0 release of the CSS mod.

Jozvin will work on his model, and once Unity and config stuff is done, his new shuttle will be released as a complete new mod, no CSS, his own mod. He made it, no need for releasing it in the CSS thread.

This way you both have clear things where you know what to do, and we won't get a doubled result.

No need for a vote. You wanted to update the CSS to KSP 1.0, which you are doing well, but you are now also working on new models, while you knew that Jozvin has been working on a complete, much better version for a long time. And of course we want a complete new, better looking model instead of an old duct-taped model, even though your work is really appreciated. Let Jozvin do his job, and you care for the 1.0 integration.

Problems solved.

I don't want to be offense, I just don't want that work is done twice.

even though your work is really appreciated.QUOTE]

at least I made some people happy. didn't mean to cause jealousy.

though it was under an open license I could start my own and see how good it gets haha. no reason people cant have only one shuttle to choose from.

but anyway I look forward to the release!

shuttle_01_1680x1050.jpg

Alright I need to put my 37 cents in on this. I am for who will ever do the best job. Honestly from the short time Mike has been working on these forums his work has been leaps and bounds better than Dragons. Mike has also spoiled us with he expedience combined with the enormous progress made in a little more than three weeks! Dragon has not put out anything or updated anything in months! Is there any guarantee jovzin that when your model is completed that we will get a release from dragon anytime soon? This loyalty to dragon confuses the hell out of me. We made a mistake 5 months ago with raidernick. He began working on updating the CSS and everyone all but pushed him off the project because he couldn't stand people asking questions about Dragon. Now we have another incredible modder working on this project and again we are referring back to dragon. Until he shows his face or releases a substantive update sometime this year we need to work with the people who are currently doing an amazing job. Mike and Jovzin lets just take a step back and agree that you guys had a miscommunication and lack of communication. From here on out you need to work together both of you have done an amazing job and together you can create an amazing orbiter. Mike with your ability to incorporate features and jovzin with your modeling ability I see no reason why you can't work together. Please please work together, there should be no animosity it just looks like miscommunication and missed messages.

You're somehow right sp! So an idea from my side would be: Since Jozvins new model is almost finished, why doesn't Mike-NZ makes the configs? He did a great job updating the old configs, and I'm sure he could do the configs for Jozvin's model in a short time! What would You think guys (and mike)? :)

Everyone has the right to do what he pleases and the other side is that we now get a sort of competition wich is not a bad thing. It could lead to the best shuttle you can get. I have to be honest and Mike worked his arse of and pleased many people already so I know for sure he can do this on his own if he wants (and he has the right to do so).

Following this thing a bit I think the conclusion is that both guys favour to work alone on their projects where Jovzin unfortunately is dependent on someone who doesnt seem to make any progress. So thats a +1 for Mike as he is a one man band.

So I say this: bring on the competition and may the best shuttle win ;-)

Alright I need to put my 37 cents in on this. I am for who will ever do the best job. Honestly from the short time Mike has been working on these forums his work has been leaps and bounds better than Dragons. Mike has also spoiled us with he expedience combined with the enormous progress made in a little more than three weeks! Dragon has not put out anything or updated anything in months! Is there any guarantee jovzin that when your model is completed that we will get a release from dragon anytime soon? This loyalty to dragon confuses the hell out of me. We made a mistake 5 months ago with raidernick. He began working on updating the CSS and everyone all but pushed him off the project because he couldn't stand people asking questions about Dragon. Now we have another incredible modder working on this project and again we are referring back to dragon. Until he shows his face or releases a substantive update sometime this year we need to work with the people who are currently doing an amazing job. Mike and Jovzin lets just take a step back and agree that you guys had a miscommunication and lack of communication. From here on out you need to work together both of you have done an amazing job and together you can create an amazing orbiter. Mike with your ability to incorporate features and jovzin with your modeling ability I see no reason why you can't work together. Please please work together, there should be no animosity it just looks like miscommunication and missed messages.

I want to add my work or help out, but at this stage I may have to quit until im allowed to help out(I am asking but not accepted yet). sorry guys, I do have more already to add to it, fancy landing gear is ready and the remodeled airlock along with animations and higher detailed modeling and textures sitting here.

but unless I get the go ahead its a no-go. I suppose I have been told to stop because some features may copy or lessen the effect of the new one?

I could just say f**k it and publish it here or through PM's but I will wait.

MODULE

{

name = CSS remake

isAlwaysActive = true

speed = 100%

thrust power = over 9000

resourcename = KEEN

acceptance = FALSE

}

As sp1989 said I do not want to see again something simmilar like with raidernick, that Mike will step out of this project. He did a really great job.

I was just a bit suprised that before my pics and gifs in the development thread nobody mention something about transparent windows , ET doors, separate cargo bay doors for the old shuttle.

And now they are there or planning to have them there. Which I am happy that this will be in the old shuttle but bcs of this I am starting to see no point in creating a new shuttle if the old one will have all the features I was trying to do in the new one.

Hope it is now clear. And I hope nobody get angry bcs of this stupidity.

So I think let us start over with all this and now with a better communication :)

As sp1989 said I do not want to see again something simmilar like with raidernick, that Mike will step out of this project. He did a really great job.

I was just a bit suprised that before my pics and gifs in the development thread nobody mention something about transparent windows , ET doors, separate cargo bay doors for the old shuttle.

And now they are there or planning to have them there. Which I am happy that this will be in the old shuttle but bcs of this I am starting to see no point in creating a new shuttle if the old one will have all the features I was trying to do in the new one.

Hope it is now clear. And I hope nobody get angry bcs of this stupidity.

So I think let us start over with all this and now with a better communication :)

we can have all we want on the old shuttle because its the old shuttle.

things still need to go on the new shuttle anyway so your work is still needed.

it still needs your animations and cargobay doors.

wo cares what the old one has right? its not the new model

In case anyone wants/needs this for reference, here is the link to the massive Shuttle User Manual: https://www.nasa.gov/centers/johnson/pdf/390651main_shuttle_crew_operations_manual.pdf. It goes into lots of detail about the dimensions, all of the systems and subsystems, nominal mission profiles, abort modes, landing, and all sorts of useful information.

Mike do you have a good skills with Unity ?

Cause I lost my nervous last time I spent whole december with this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTPomLXtfZo

Was trying to do the wheel suspension but it was not working. DO you think you can make it work ?

yeah sure. what module are you using in your cfg? firespitter or stock.

I think it was stock I was trying to do stock.

I had there something like this but somehow it was not working :

MODULE
{
name = ModuleLandingGear
animationName = LandingGearToggle
wheelCollider = wheelcollider
suspensionParentName = suspensionParent
wheelName = wheel
wheelRotationAxis = -1,0,0
BrakeTorque = 50
BrakeSpeed = 0.5
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleSteering
controlAxisType = Forward
steeringAxis = 0, 0, -1
steeringTransformName = NoseGearSteering
steeringLocked = false
steeringCurve
{
key = 0 20
key = 15 10
key = 30 1
}
}

MODULE
{
name = FXModuleLookAtConstraint
CONSTRAINLOOKFX
{
targetName = SuspT
rotatorsName = SuspB
}
CONSTRAINLOOKFX
{
targetName = SuspB
rotatorsName = SuspT
}
CONSTRAINLOOKFX
{
targetName = TorqueArmBottomTgt
rotatorsName = TorqueArmBottomMover
}
CONSTRAINLOOKFX
{
targetName = TorqueArmTopTgt
rotatorsName = TorqueArmTopMover
}
}

}

Settle down people, jeez. How is it that almost every single person posting here missed the part where Mike said he is basically just working on making the current shuttle compatible with 1.0? He is doing this while we wait for the new model, he is not doing it in addition to the new shuttle. There is a big difference here.

There has been obvious miscommunication between Jozvin and Mike. Let's just have Jozvin continue the amazing work on the new shuttle, while Mike makes the current one behave nicely with 1.0. And if Mike wants to take requests from forum users, or has his own ideas as to what would be cool to incorporate into the current shuttle, well then that is superb too.

When Jozvins model is good to go, then Mike and Jozvin can figure out who does what, and which aspects of the current shuttle gets implemented into the new shuttle.

Problem soveld. No need to get pissed off and have another incident where one or more people gives up on the shuttle again.

Well, there you are off for some hours and the thread derails completely without being at fault? Dang it. I am a direct guy, so i take what i get and wilk put everything into it for the sake of destruction :) Actually i can get my hands on the CSS, an ancient mod in KSP history. My goal is to annoy Jeast and Mike with improvement requests about Flightbehavior, usefulness and immersion, thus enjoyability. Same goes for the new, yet to be released shuttle. So just get along guys and do what you can for your respective mods. There are billions of saturn 5 derivatives out there and no one cares, because the respective modders WANTED to make one without caring if something,already exists. I am pretty sure they are all in use, too.

My .5 cents.

Having recently read the developing news, it would great to have two separate models more choice is sometimes good, Jozvin as potrayed in the GIFs will a outstanding new model that if people want to try then they are welcome to. Mike's model is the original model, has done a fine job at updating it, and let us come to the conclusion that both models will be available for download on an equal basis.

I want to add my work or help out, but at this stage I may have to quit until im allowed to help out(I am asking but not accepted yet). sorry guys, I do have more already to add to it, fancy landing gear is ready and the remodeled airlock along with animations and higher detailed modeling and textures sitting here.

but unless I get the go ahead its a no-go. I suppose I have been told to stop because some features may copy or lessen the effect of the new one?

I could just say f**k it and publish it here or through PM's but I will wait.

You dont need the go ahead from anyone it has an open license so just do it. Make it your own and let them make the new one.