[DEVTHREAD]Pathfinder - Space Camping & Geoscience

9 hours ago, nobodyhasthis2 said:

Thanks for checking. I always assume errors are just on my install but anyone else is seeing this it must be a bug. It seems that going into that option on the drill breaks the UI. However even now I am still not sure as MKS in the install and that is not compatible. So I don't know if that is causing the issue. @saidin do you have MKS in play ?

yeah I have all of USI, plus quite a few other mods, So I usually don't worry a great deal over a few features not working.

Edited by saidin

• 3 weeks later...

First let me compliment you on the work you have been doing with these mods.  They add so much to an already outstanding game.  But... I have been having problems.  A few days ago I started having an issue with the modify drill window problem where there was no text or close button.  I saw from your replies to others with this problem it may have had to do with a CKAN installation. So I had CKAN uninstall and deleted some folders manually and did a manual install of latest Pathfinder, Buffalo, and WildBlue Tools from GitHub.  I still have the problem. I saw where you said once that the resource map or something might have gotten messed up.  So, I have made 3 new sandbox games, each time I will make a scanning satellite first thing.  I scan for resources, come back to space center, throw out a test ship with a drill, and still get an empty drill modifications window that won't close and blocks me from clicking anything under it.  I read one post that said other mods that access ScanSat might be to blame, so I uninstalled the ScanSat contract pack that I installed a couple days ago, no help. Please help as I have Kerbals on the Mun whose mission depends on getting that drill changed!:confused:  If you ask for logs like I seen you ask others you'll need to tell me where they are.  I've seen the crash report logs but this isn't causing a crash.

One other thing while I am here.  What is the deal with metal/metals and metal ore/metallic ore? Are they the same?  The wiki lists metals as resource but the building recipes call for metal.

Once again thanks for a great mod and thanks also in advance for any help you can give.

4 hours ago, RiverRat2800 said:

First let me compliment you on the work you have been doing with these mods.  They add so much to an already outstanding game.  But... I have been having problems.  A few days ago I started having an issue with the modify drill window problem where there was no text or close button.  I saw from your replies to others with this problem it may have had to do with a CKAN installation. So I had CKAN uninstall and deleted some folders manually and did a manual install of latest Pathfinder, Buffalo, and WildBlue Tools from GitHub.  I still have the problem. I saw where you said once that the resource map or something might have gotten messed up.  So, I have made 3 new sandbox games, each time I will make a scanning satellite first thing.  I scan for resources, come back to space center, throw out a test ship with a drill, and still get an empty drill modifications window that won't close and blocks me from clicking anything under it.  I read one post that said other mods that access ScanSat might be to blame, so I uninstalled the ScanSat contract pack that I installed a couple days ago, no help. Please help as I have Kerbals on the Mun whose mission depends on getting that drill changed!:confused:  If you ask for logs like I seen you ask others you'll need to tell me where they are.  I've seen the crash report logs but this isn't causing a crash.

One other thing while I am here.  What is the deal with metal/metals and metal ore/metallic ore? Are they the same?  The wiki lists metals as resource but the building recipes call for metal.

Once again thanks for a great mod and thanks also in advance for any help you can give.

log file is in the main ksp folder, where the gamedata folder is located. i think its ksp.log or something?

OK it just did it again.  This time I immediately paused the game and went to the error log (thanks 123nick!).  The following block of text was repeated about 50 times each with slightly different time stamp:

[EXC 05:17:53.963] ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.Int32].get_Item (Int32 index)
    WildBlueIndustries.DrillSwitchWindow.drawGroundDrills ()
    WildBlueIndustries.DrillSwitchWindow.DrawWindowContents (Int32 windowId)
    WildBlueIndustries.Window`1[T].PreDrawWindowContents (Int32 windowId)
    UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID)
    UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)
[ERR 05:17:53.969] GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced)

It only does it on the 2 Drill-o-Matic Jr's I have on the Mun.  The Gold Digger and Portable Strip Miner work ok.  (It was the Gold Digger that I tried earlier when I said it was working again)  Haven't tried it in the sandbox with other drills yet.  Hope we get it figured out, but at least I have 2 drills to work with. 

I found a rare edge case where the drill switch window will lock up the game, there is a fix in the next release. Next release will be as soon as I finish the Hacienda IVA. I am working on that along with another bug fix this week.

For metal/metals, that comes from Extraplanetary Launchpads. With EL installed, you create metal from metal ore, and rocket parts from metal. Without EL, you create metals from metallic ore, and rocket parts from metals. Those rocket parts are of course used to outfit your modules.

This update brings some quality of life improvements, bug fixes, and new uses for the Buckboards. It also provides support for Nils77's excellent Kerbal Planetary Base Systems. If you haven't seen KPBS, check it out! The design and art quality is simply stunning.

Switchback
- The attachment nodes now support symmetrical installation of parts.

Buckboard 2000 & 3000
- The Buckboard 2000 & 3000 can now be converted into an ore-powered generator. It consumes Ore to produce ElectricCharge. The generator can break down (unless you opt-out via Pathfinder's Settings screen), and it generates heat. It also benefits from the Pathfinder Geology Lab's Metallurgy research. In career mode, the generator conversion is available after you research Advanced Electrics. Thanks for the suggestion, Geschosskopf! :)

Kerbal Planetary Base Systems
- Added support for Kerbal Planetary Base Systems. While not as efficient as Pathfinder's modules due to their size, they can still contribute to your Pathfinder base, and still benefit from efficiency improvements created in the geology lab.
  * The K&K Planetary Habitat MK2 can be used as part of Pathfinder's habitat wing.
  * The K&K Planetary Laboratory can be used as part of Pathfinder's science wing.
  * The K&K Planetary Greenhouse uses Pathfinder's greenhouse module code.
  * The K&K Rocket Fuel tanks now hold a variety of different resources (and default to LiquidFuel/Oxidizer).

Other
- You can now access the Pathfinder Settings window from the application toolbar.
- You can now dump resources in flight without having to switch templates. Click "Dump Resources" once, then again to confirm.
- The airlocks on the inflatable modules have been offset to make it easier to enter the desired module. NOTE: due to space constraints the Casa now only has one inflatable airlock. A new version of the Casa is planned that won't break existing bases.

Bug Fixes
- The internal screens in the Ponderosa/Casa work better now. Click on a screen to select an image from your Screenshots folder. You can also enable random selection of images; currently the images will change once every 30 seconds if configured to do so, but a future update will let you configure the screen switch time. Thanks for the challenge, Kuzzter! :)
- Fixed attachment nodes on all inflatable modules so that you can properly stack-mount the inflatable modules in the VAB/SPH.
- Fixed a KIS issue with the Buckboard 3000 that prevented it from being carried properly.
- Fixed a KIS issue with the Buckboard 2000 that prevented it from being carried properly.
- Fixed a rare case where the drill modify window would lock up the game.

@Angel-125 I downloaded the latest version (0.9.10) and my KSP stops loading at GameData\WildBlueIndustries\Pathfinder\Parts\Science\Terrain.cfg with the error:

MissingFieldException: Field 'WildBlueIndustries.WBIBasicScienceLab.repairSkill' not found.
	PartLoader.CompilePartInfo (.AvailablePart newPartInfo, .Part part)
	PartLoader+.MoveNext ()

Looking at the recent changes I noticed that you removed the repairResourcerepairAmount and repairSkill from GeoSurveyCamera.cs which causes an error on https://github.com/Angel-125/Pathfinder/blob/master/Pathfinder/Parts/GeoSurveyCamera.cs#L150-L151

Edited by Olympic1

@Olympic1I have just verified that the WildBlueTools in the release package matches exactly with my dev installation. I've also verified that the TERRAIN loads properly and shows what it should be in the info view. Additionally, I did a fresh install of the release 0.9.10 and verified that the TERRAIN loads properly. Make sure to install everything in 0.9.10 into your GameData directory. If you already have 000WildBlueTools, Buffalo, or Pathfinder in your GameData/WildBlueIndustries, please delete them before installing the latest version. Hope that helps. :)

Well the good news is my drills can be modified now.  The bad news is all my Buckboard 2000 and 3000 crates converted to LFO storage and can't be switched back.  Luckily I only had 3 and all I lost was resources easily mined no critical mission gear.

....ok just found one that stings a little worse.  I have 4 probes I made early in my career, all the same design.  The main payload consists of a T.E.R.R.A.I.N. Geo Scanner, on top of it an advanced inline stabilizer, then a Buckboard 1000 full of research kits, a few science instruments mounted radially on the Buckboard, and a probe core on top.  After installing the patch, I loaded the one orbiting Minmus.  Immediately after loading the probe violently separated between the Geo Scanner and stabilizer, with the stabilizer and Buckboard top part flying off at warp speed and the remaining assembly spinning wildly until it disintegrated.  I reloaded and it happened again exactly the same.  I I jumped to the one orbiting the Mun, same result.  I reverted back to last version, jumped to one of them and everything was fine.  If it was just these 2 I would write them off, but I have 2 more that are 30 days out on their way to Eve and Duna, and another newer model with more science but still with the Scanner/stabilizer/Buckboard connection 20 days out to Moho.  I don't have another maneuver for them for another 47 days, so I guess I'll just  load the old version anytime I need to pilot them.

1 hour ago, RiverRat2800 said:

....ok just found one that stings a little worse.  I have 4 probes I made early in my career, all the same design.  The main payload consists of a T.E.R.R.A.I.N. Geo Scanner, on top of it an advanced inline stabilizer, then a Buckboard 1000 full of research kits, a few science instruments mounted radially on the Buckboard, and a probe core on top.  After installing the patch, I loaded the one orbiting Minmus.  Immediately after loading the probe violently separated between the Geo Scanner and stabilizer, with the stabilizer and Buckboard top part flying off at warp speed and the remaining assembly spinning wildly until it disintegrated.  I reloaded and it happened again exactly the same.  I I jumped to the one orbiting the Mun, same result.  I reverted back to last version, jumped to one of them and everything was fine.  If it was just these 2 I would write them off, but I have 2 more that are 30 days out on their way to Eve and Duna, and another newer model with more science but still with the Scanner/stabilizer/Buckboard connection 20 days out to Moho.  I don't have another maneuver for them for another 47 days, so I guess I'll just  load the old version anytime I need to pilot them.

Can you reproduce the problem and send me your logs? That would definitely help! :)

Reproduced the problem and saved the log file.  Saw a couple of suspicious lines but don't know enough of coding to know for sure.  Want me to paste the whole thing here or email/dropbox/whatever the file?

Got the most hilarious bug I've ever seen now.  Don't know if it has anything to do with your code, but it happened while in  Buffalo rover.  Was going across Minmus lowlands with Jeb and my newbie scientist and tried to access a scanner outside cab.  Couldn't get anything to activate by right click.  Stopped the rover and EVA'd my Scientist.  She fell and was unresponsive.  I noticed her picture still showed up as in the cab, so I clicked EVA again.  A clone of her popped out and fell to the ground.  I clicked Jeb and he fell out.  Kept clicking till I had 3 Jebs and 5 Jensens laying in a pile.  It looked like clowns coming out of the car at the circus.  Went to space center, came back, and they were all standing up and could be controlled.  Went to Kerbonaut complex and they are all listed as on EVA, but my total kerbal count doesn't include them.  Restarted game and they are still there.  So now I have 9 Kerbals on Minmus and only room in the ship for three.  Boy will Bill be surprised when they all come back to the ship:confused:  I'm gonna go with it and send a full on rescue mission. Don't want to leave any behind like the copy of Will Riker got left that time:D  Besides, I don't know which are the originals.

13 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

@Olympic1I have just verified that the WildBlueTools in the release package matches exactly with my dev installation. I've also verified that the TERRAIN loads properly and shows what it should be in the info view. Additionally, I did a fresh install of the release 0.9.10 and verified that the TERRAIN loads properly. Make sure to install everything in 0.9.10 into your GameData directory. If you already have 000WildBlueTools, Buffalo, or Pathfinder in your GameData/WildBlueIndustries, please delete them before installing the latest version. Hope that helps. :)

I know what I did wrong. I downloaded and installed WildBlueTools from GH and then I downloaded Pathfinder but only installed the Buffalo and Pathfinder folders. The WildBlueTools DL isn't updated with the changes of the folder in the Pathfinder DL.

By installing the WBT folder included in Pathfinder I don't get the error anymore.

Edited by Olympic1

4 hours ago, RiverRat2800 said:

Reproduced the problem and saved the log file.  Saw a couple of suspicious lines but don't know enough of coding to know for sure.  Want me to paste the whole thing here or email/dropbox/whatever the file?

Got the most hilarious bug I've ever seen now.  Don't know if it has anything to do with your code, but it happened while in  Buffalo rover.  Was going across Minmus lowlands with Jeb and my newbie scientist and tried to access a scanner outside cab.  Couldn't get anything to activate by right click.  Stopped the rover and EVA'd my Scientist.  She fell and was unresponsive.  I noticed her picture still showed up as in the cab, so I clicked EVA again.  A clone of her popped out and fell to the ground.  I clicked Jeb and he fell out.  Kept clicking till I had 3 Jebs and 5 Jensens laying in a pile.  It looked like clowns coming out of the car at the circus.  Went to space center, came back, and they were all standing up and could be controlled.  Went to Kerbonaut complex and they are all listed as on EVA, but my total kerbal count doesn't include them.  Restarted game and they are still there.  So now I have 9 Kerbals on Minmus and only room in the ship for three.  Boy will Bill be surprised when they all come back to the ship:confused:  I'm gonna go with it and send a full on rescue mission. Don't want to leave any behind like the copy of Will Riker got left that time:D  Besides, I don't know which are the originals.

I think I just ran into the TERRAIN-o-doom issue that you did. I tried upgrading my Duna Space Program game to the latest Pathfinder/WildBlueTools and my TERRAIN satellite flew off into space. I fixed the issue, I'll have a hotfix tonight.

27 minutes ago, Olympic1 said:

I know what I did wrong. I downloaded and installed WildBlueTools from GH and then I downloaded Pathfinder but only installed the Buffalo and Pathfinder folders. The WildBlueTools DL isn't updated with the changes of the folder in the Pathfinder DL.

I'll be sure to update the WildBlueTools GitHub releases when I publish the Pathfinder hotfix. Thanks for pointing that out. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody.
I had a problem.
I have a geo scanner, polar orbit, the height of 110K-120K, a lot of electricity. I pressed the "start scanning" and ... nothing ...
I turned off in the settings of breakage and checking skills.
What else to do, so he started to work?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e521wcjuvylxri4/%D0%A1%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%BD%D1%88%D0%BE%D1%82%202016-03-15%2018.50.37.png?dl=0

Edited by uk141

Yes, I'm sure everything copied. I use ckan to install the modification.
Installed mods:

KAS
KIS
SCANsat
Toolbar
USITools
RasterPropMonitor
Pathfinder
RasterPropMonitor-Core
BZ1RadialAttachmentPoint
KaribouExpeditionRover
ModuleManager