Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

What is the 'Green Iron Crown' I have heard of? I am new-ish here, and I would care to know.

Red Iron Crowns evil twin.

No one knew what negative reputation would look like, so an account was made with maximum negative rep, but RIC wasn't very imaginative with the name and the account was spotted.

The community proceeded to exorcise this evil entity by repping it, reducing the neg rep to zero, destroying Green Iron Crowns evil power.

It was a lot of fun :)

Red Iron Crowns evil twin.

No one knew what negative reputation would look like, so an account was made with maximum negative rep, but RIC wasn't very imaginative with the name and the account was spotted.

The community proceeded to exorcise this evil entity by repping it, reducing the neg rep to zero, destroying Green Iron Crowns evil power.

It was a lot of fun :)

Huh, i was a noob back then, at least on this forum!

I noticed a couple of members with their text thingy saying Banned. Is it becaus they're banned or they just decided to name themselves banned

Having a status of "banned" usually means actually-really-banned. That said, I don't think there's any particular block on that word in a status message. It may be possible to pretend.

Is there a way that I am not seeing, to create a poll on my OP after the OP has been posted? Also, Why are we not able to edit our own polls?

Not sure about a way to add a poll after the thread has been created, sorry. Users can't edit poll options because it invites interference with poll results: Imagine I made a poll with Yes and No as answers, and Yes is overwhelmingly in the lead even though I want the answer to be No. I edit the poll and swap the answers, now the poll tells me what I want to hear!

Hey, so, on a standard day, about what would the ratio be for thread closures between threads that are closed due to rule breaking (in some form) to threads closed by request?

A day is a bit short, sometimes we go days without locking anything. I would guesstimate that there are about three or four requested closures for every one of the other kind.

So my birthday is tomorrow my time, and im assuming it's already tomorrow with the time difference, if not you're early guys :P

But apparently:

Squad emails you wishing you a happy birthday! :D

me: *Sees email* *squeals like a 3 year old*

family: "what is wrong with you?!"

me: "I just got an email from the devs of my absolute favorite game wishing me a happy birthday"

family: "oh. cool."

me: *Internally screaming*

me: *goes on KSP forums to post this*

Are steroids considered as a drug on this forum?

Yes, unless you're talking naturally occurring steroids in a body for some biology talk or something.

Also has has anyone noticed that this is one of the the few forums with a really nice ccs page?

Don't even know what a ccs page is, and googling for it is not illuminating.