Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

There have been several challenge threads that I've enjoyed immensely. Though I don't post my creations most of the time.

The other thread I really enjoy reading through is the Open Source Construction Techniques for Craft Aesthetics. Some people come up with quite amazing little techniques with stock only parts/options.

I don't think people want negative rep, but I imagine some people want to give it at times.

Like,for,that one creepy kerbal texture mod? (Kill that thing with fire..please)

In you time as a moderator, what are your favorite thread you've seen? As a forum-goer?

We used to have a thread called "Count to 50 before a moderator posts", people would count up to 50, and the score would reset to zero whenever a moderator posted. It got a little crazy with coordinated mass-posting and so on. That was great, we moderators even created a separate game where we'd get points for resetting the count, and the closer to 50 it got the more points the person who stopped it got.

As you can imagine, it got a little out of control and was eventually shut down.

On an average basis, how many threads do you have to moderae a day? Is it a common or rare occurence?

It will be similar to the amount of reports we get.

I'll refer you to my earlier post:

Over the last forty-five days, there has been an average of 9 reports per day.

[...]

The other thread I really enjoy reading through is the Open Source Construction Techniques for Craft Aesthetics. Some people come up with quite amazing little techniques with stock only parts/options.

[...]

That's great, I read through the entirety of thread while waiting for EFT-1. I was still a lurker then.

I would think negative rep would help with *poop* stirrers, and people who are very rude. However, the other forums I've seen negative rep implemented into were much larger and had a much wider demographic. Those communities were also not nearly as polite and awesome as this one.

I think there has been only one post/user I wanted to give neg rep to. Some of you might recall all the drama in the work-in-progress design thread. I'm sure you moderators got a load of reports from that post.

I wonder if giving some amount of -rep along with certain infractions would be effective... if nothing else, it would be a disincentive to anyone who might want to post an 'edgy' (but offensive) comment in hope of getting some rep for it. Otherwise, at least for the boards I spend my time on (Mission Reports, General KSP, and sometimes Challenges) the system seems to work very well and all is pretty much all sweetness and light. :D

This is one of those most serious questions I can ask. So much so, it needs a spoiler tag to hide it's seriousness.

Do you know the muffin man?

Yes, I know the muffin man,

Who lives in Drury Lane!

Why do moderators get giant profile pics?

The profile pic image limits are off for some usergroups, such as moderators and administration, but it'd be bad to have a 1024x768 avatar so we limit ourselves, some more than others.

Looking at you Claw!