Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

Ok, don't remember if I have asked this before, but:

Do you have a favorite game to play outside of KSP?

Factorio

That's about it installed at the moment out side of the 1.0.5 Kerbal Experimental version, that getting updated later today. =)

I've been planning a "name that vehicle" game (which I have mentioned here), and unfortunately, due to doing a past game similar to this, I know that hints about vehicles being affected (mostly killed off by) politics makes for a very good hint. Because of the forum rules, I am not sure exactly what to do here.

A: Would it be allowable to mention that politics affected a vehicle as long as it is explicitly stated that there should be no discussion of whether what happened was right or wrong (or even specifically how it happened)?

B: If the answer to "A" is no, then would it be allowable to say that hints breaking the forum rules should instead be replaced with a "code red," which means one must pm the current host of the project to get the hint (or the rest of the hint)?

C: If both "A" and "B" are "noes," then would it be allowable to have the current host answer any questions to which the answer breaks the forum rules with an "I cannot tell you?"

Thanks in advance.

I've been planning a "name that vehicle" game (which I have mentioned here), and unfortunately, due to doing a past game similar to this, I know that hints about vehicles being affected (mostly killed off by) politics makes for a very good hint. Because of the forum rules, I am not sure exactly what to do here.

A: Would it be allowable to mention that politics affected a vehicle as long as it is explicitly stated that there should be no discussion of whether what happened was right or wrong (or even specifically how it happened)?

B: If the answer to "A" is no, then would it be allowable to say that hints breaking the forum rules should instead be replaced with a "code red," which means one must pm the current host of the project to get the hint (or the rest of the hint)?

C: If both "A" and "B" are "noes," then would it be allowable to have the current host answer any questions to which the answer breaks the forum rules with an "I cannot tell you?"

Thanks in advance.

I think you're seeing this bigger than it is :P The politics rule is to prevent politics-oriented debates to spark around the forum and go south faster than your average redneck on Sunday. It's not a ban about mentioning politics. I mean I can't see any problems with someone saying "development was cut because the agency lost budget to fund war effort". That's harmless as long as the discussion doesnt then drift on this subject. Then again, I'm not a mod... but being a past one I don't think that much has changed over the last year.

Also, for hyper-specific questions like this you might be better off messaging a moderator directly :P

I think you're seeing this bigger than it is :P The politics rule is to prevent politics-oriented debates to spark around the forum and go south faster than your average redneck on Sunday. It's not a ban about mentioning politics. I mean I can't see any problems with someone saying "development was cut because the agency lost budget to fund war effort". That's harmless as long as the discussion doesnt then drift on this subject. Then again, I'm not a mod... but being a past one I don't think that much has changed over the last year.

Also, for hyper-specific questions like this you might be better off messaging a moderator directly :P

I probably should have pm'd a mod about it, but there were so few online at the time I asked the question. And after another thread I'm definitely going to be very careful about anythin g potentially involving politics.

How about talking about the craft without getting into why it was or wasn't funded?

Well, saying that the funding of the craft was cut for political reasons is a useful hint for people who are trying to look it up and find out what it is. I would heavily discourage discussion of the craft once it is figured out. This is mostly why I am asking.

Well, saying that the funding of the craft was cut for political reasons is a useful hint for people who are trying to look it up and find out what it is. I would heavily discourage discussion of the craft once it is figured out. This is mostly why I am asking.

If you mean what I think you mean, all you need to do is say that the ship was designed, or a prototype made, or whatever but did not actually go into production. No need to give any reason or blame 'politics'.

If you mean what I think you mean, all you need to do is say that the ship was designed, or a prototype made, or whatever but did not actually go into production. No need to give any reason or blame 'politics'.

Yeah, that works until someone asks "Why was it not produced?" It doesn't happen often, but can indeed happen on tougher entries. I'm just trying to get the rules sorted so that the question can be answered without breaking any rules.

Why is it that when i try to access this thread, i get the following message:

http://i.imgur.com/23pem3T.png

That thread got Fault Vaulted, and the moderator who moved it forgot to uncheck the "leave a redirect" button when moving. Regular users don't have the permissions to view the Fault Vault, so you get that message.

That thread got Fault Vaulted, and the moderator who moved it forgot to uncheck the "leave a redirect" button when moving. Regular users don't have the permissions to view the Fault Vault, so you get that message.

What does Fault Vault mean ?

And, if I am allowed to ask, why was it "Fault Vaulted" ?