Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

1 hour ago, HoloYolo said:

Do SQUAD staff get moderator by default?

No. Some of the moderators who have been hired to develop have recused themselves from moderating, and there are other staff members who are not moderators and never have been. 

To be totally honest it's a bit of a waste of a developer's time to be handling the day-to-day minor stuff on the forum, their time is better spent, well, developing. 

1 hour ago, adsii1970 said:

What's the most challenging thing about being a moderator? Are there any sort of things you see that makes you go... "Oh, crud! Not THIS again?"

waking up..... and dreading to visit the forums... I speak from experience moderating my own forums... in this sites case....

Logging on dreading the fact that you just KNOW that Kiwi1960 person has posted and its bound to have broken the rules.... :)

1 hour ago, adsii1970 said:

What's the most challenging thing about being a moderator? Are there any sort of things you see that makes you go... "Oh, crud! Not THIS again?"

In my opinion, the most challenging aspect of being a moderator is the ability to keep one's cool if a problem reoccurs. Managing emotions in the face of adversity is an important skill to have for anyone, let alone moderators, and sometimes if a problem repeats itself time and time again its harder to give fair judgement and take appropriate action.

That's why, of course, it's advantageous to have many different moderators that can confer and collaborate. I never knew the group of people on the moderation staff were as cool of people as they were until I myself was accepted into the ranks- one of the best things that's happened in my time on the internet :D

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 3:49 AM, kiwi1960 said:

Thanks to the Moderators that uncensored the word "booby" as in "booby prize!"

I know a lot of words need to be censored and I'll take what I can get to protect my sanity, but I'm left wondering about the other innocent words which in some context are not so innocent. But I won't push the issue. Most words with double meanings I can probably work around with another word, I'll just have to be aware of it when typing... so any typo that appears may not be a typo... if I keep that in mind... all will be good. Thanks again for understanding, trust me, its no fun having double vision.

Again... Moderators... take a bow... I applaud your action this day... and for me, to say that, is unusual given I always seem to argue with you lot via PM's. :)

Heh heh.

Heh heh heh heh heh.

"Booby."

5 hours ago, EliasDanger said:

Heh heh.

Heh heh heh heh heh.

"Booby."

It's all fun and games until the word ends up back in the filter.

Let's not end up getting the word put back in the filter. :sticktongue:

58 minutes ago, Frybert said:

It's all fun and games until the word ends up back in the filter.

Let's not end up getting the word put back in the filter. :sticktongue:

True.... but it was stated in a humorous way, not an offensive way... right? People can chuckle if I say I don't want to win the "booby prize".... one persons innocence is another persons sick mind. Right? :)

11 hours ago, EliasDanger said:

Heh heh.

Heh heh heh heh heh.

"Booby."

5 hours ago, kiwi1960 said:

True.... but it was stated in a humorous way, not an offensive way... right? People can chuckle if I say I don't want to win the "booby prize".... one persons innocence is another persons sick mind. Right? :)

This is why we can't have nice things. :huh: 

Well.... sorry, but I disagree.

If you want to get technical, other words just as innocent have had new meaning tagged onto them.... poof.... its done... the brown nosed bird <<<(OK, that one was censored)... and lastly... is KSP a multi player game or do we have to play with ourselves... its all in the context and all you can do is chuckle and move on. Its not my fault someone "laughed" at the word "booby" ... only thing you can do is move on... your post drawing attention to it makes it much worse than it needed to be.... I LOLed because I really could see Fry giggling at that word in the old TV series.... not the word itself.

Moving right along now..... I'm going to ask a really serious question later on, but I have to choose my words with care... last thing I want is another posting ban (and right about now, the Moderators are in a panic and organising teams to "watch" what I post today! :) )

Edited by kiwi1960

3 hours ago, EliasDanger said:

The good news is they can never censor Uranus. Heh heh heh. 

But they can censor you..... :)

I have decided not to ask the certain question that has been bugging me lately... so the Mods can rest easy and... stand down... emergency is over. :)