If there were no limits - what would you make?

Foxster

My computer is very potato limiting my builds somewhat, but I'm sure KSP itself would also struggle with this: Battlestar Gallactica, complete with expandable landing bays. Then I would burn through the atmosphere for a landing as done in that scene where they need to rescue surface-trapped humans from the cylons and evacuate. This, ofcourse, by somehow hooking mainsails into the RCS system.

Alternatively, a Dyson Sphere around Kerbol.

I would build a massive base on Duna or Minmus that is many square kilometers in size. The base would have buildings, hangars, and maybe even a rail system for transporting Kerbals around.

The problem with having no limits is knowing your limits. Are these lack of limits themselves limited to rockets and space constructions? Can I use KSP Unlimited to run a simulation of the entire universe? Are we already living in a simulation run on a copy of KSP Unlimited?

The problem with having no limits is knowing your limits. Are these lack of limits themselves limited to rockets and space constructions? Can I use KSP Unlimited to run a simulation of the entire universe? Are we already living in a simulation run on a copy of KSP Unlimited?

Yes, yes we are.

A short story concept I worked on a while back included a series of stations at different altitudes all anchored to a space elevator cable known as the Tether. Assuming no limits, I'd have to replicate Eden Station and the rest of the ones on Tether (God that'd be a pain to get set up but wow it'd be cool).

Alternatively I want a 1:1 scale Pride of Hiigara (If you don't know what this is, then you are deprived of one of the greatest RTS games ever),

Taking a cue from 3001: Final Odyssey, I'd build an orbital ring around Kerbin, tethered in place by four space elevators. It might take a while.

Either that or the SnackStar. Definitely not a mun and it can store all the snacks you could ever want. Features an equatorial trench for rocket races and many and varied challenging obstacle courses on the surface, for Rover drivers to explore.

I think there is possible to make parts limit to be almost unlimited... we would need switch "physics on/off", so if you have placed your building you click physics off and it will only render textures and collisions as for static object (for example building in KSC).

I would install the mod that adds other solar systems. Then build a mothership likely 15-20 kilometers long (picture a Titan from Eve Online) which would carry other motherships which carry smaller ships. Then I would go from system to system dropping off the smaller motherships which would explore and colonize each system. I would also have to be able to carry hundreds or thousands of Kerbals.

I would install the mod that adds other solar systems. Then build a mothership likely 15-20 kilometers long (picture a Titan from Eve Online) which would carry other motherships which carry smaller ships. Then I would go from system to system dropping off the smaller motherships which would explore and colonize each system. I would also have to be able to carry hundreds or thousands of Kerbals.

This gives me ideas.

Step 1) install KAS, KJR, and pretty much anything else that will make my docking connections rigid as all get out.

Step 2) build a mothership that can carry these station cores like current ones carry probes.

Step 3) Add every planet pack that works, run a grand tour.

Xtoro I like the way you think. Add this to my list as well.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.