If there were no limits - what would you make?

Foxster

Dyson sphere from 2x2 structural panels and photovoltaics...

Something in orbit visible from the surface...

Something on surface visible from orbit...

Deorbit Gilly...

KSC replica on a different planet (I know for Extraplanetary Launchpads)...

I`d atomise the planets and reform the whole solar system from the pieces under a complete simulation of physics. Accretion disk, planets etc

Then let life evolve on one of the planets and I`d affect the planetary conditions to favour intelligence combined with risk taking. It would develop communities and collect into cities and once it had taken over most of the planet I`d feed it the info for basic space travel and watch it explore the system.

Once it had done that I`d atomise everything again and start from scratch.

I like the idea but I think it should be a package kit that you have to reach a certain level of launch capability (say 4kt) to get into space, then it has to be built to a final form before it becomes a building platform.

BTW in space the VAB and the lauchpad are the same, and you don't really need a building, though I have already constructed a factory. As soon as you release the ship from a mooring you are launched, you either have to propel the dock construct-retro or the ship dock-retro.

I agree with that.

Though honestly I was thinking more terrestrial construction really. Think having a habitat module or three on Duna and being able to drop a container with a few tons of I-beams, girders, and structural panels to add to it. Sims (construction mode anyway) meets KSP...

A roller coaster, space elevator, USS Ishimura from Dead Space in amazing detail, a gigantic base on Duna

also real N-body physics, relativistic physics, an entire galaxy to explore and realistic gas giants that are all atmosphere and they have real weather effects

Edited by WalkingShadow89

A space elevator on Minmus, so that I won't have to launch all that ore/fuel to an orbital refinery/fuel depot. Just dock with the Minmus-stationary bit.

Oh, and a gigantic non-wobbly 1000+ part grand tour ship that would run perfectly (60+ FPS)

Then let life evolve on one of the planets and I`d affect the planetary conditions to favour intelligence combined with risk taking. It would develop communities and collect into cities and once it had taken over most of the planet I`d feed it the info for basic space travel and watch it explore the system.

sounds like spore

If there was no limits... since the speed of light in the Kerbal Universe is apparently instantaneous, my Kerbal scientist would build rocket to explain why the sky isn't entirely full of star from all period of the universe, and whether or not it have a beginning, a end and entropy.

Many mission would be sent to explain how the planet were created and why an infinite universe have asteroid with finite resources.

Eventually we would develop FTL-drive that work by hacking the code source of the Kerbal Universe.

Torch-ish ships - real ion probes, etc... I want thrust on rails propulsion.

Then we could do realistic ion drives with a fission reactor...

but I'd love to make a thrust on rails fusion craft... I actually made a part with the stats in game...

500 MW dense plasma focus fusion reactor

70,000 Isp.... 1.425 kN of thrust....given the mass I gave the reactor... well... it was far from useable

So then I added lower "gears"

15kN at 7,000 Isp.... ion engines still had better TWR

30 kN at 3,500 Isp.... getting close to those OP'd ion engines, but now with worse Isp...

-> Thermal rocket power to the rescue for useable burns:

120 kN at 875 Isp... well... 2x LV-Ns still weight a lot less....

Yea... I would build ships that would only make sense if we could thrust on rails.

You'll only know who that is if you're approaching the old-fart SOI.

Eh, I'm not even an adult yet and I know who that is. :P I'd say it was one of the coolest robots I've seen. (TARS & CASE were the best ones by far, though)

I wouldn't really build much more than I already do, though I would certainly start recording more! Lag-free videos!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.