How are mods after 1.0.3?

jlcarneiro

So, 1.0.3 is out, great! :D

Unfortunately, we're (at least I am) back at the mod upgrade routine. When I fired up KSP, some "incorrect version" messages came up.

I ran to the forums to look for a compatibility list post but, since I couldn't find one, I'd like to ask: will it be enough to change each mod's .version file? And those without it? Despite the message, are they compatible?

As far as I can remember, there were messages at least for these mods:

• Firespitter and KSPAPI (as usual)
  • Blizzy's Toolbar
  • [x]Science
  • PlanetShine
  • SmartParts
  • KIS
  • KAS
  • Contract Configurator (and ScanSat Lite Contract Pack)
  • DeepFreeze
  • PreciseNode

EDIT: BTW, don't get me wrong, I liked 1.0.3 very much but, they perfected many things but forgot Valentina's visor on the opening scene? :blush:

Edited by jlcarneiro

I'm getting an invisible/graphically challenged Kerbin (I can see light sectors in sqaures of it, but not the whole planet and the square sectors of the planet that are randomly visible are white or over exposed. I show my staging icons and fuel amounts to be out of screen somewhat, only seeing the end of the fuel level bars, empty, and controls are locked up.

Also - zooming to map view, I cannot see the details of the orbit path, IE - no icons for Pe or Ap, intercepts or Nodes.

I can't play it right now, unfortunately, till I figure out what's going on. I had Planetshine and Enviro Effects and some of the interstellar mod running along side joint reinforcer and texture replacer.

I did a clean install with the same issues.

I'm Win 7,

I7 intel core

NVidia 680m GTX

Currently downloading latest drivers.

So, 1.0.3 is out, great! :D

Unfortunately, we're (at least I am) back at the mod upgrade routine. When I fired up KSP, some "incorrect version" messages came up.

I ran to the forums to look for a compatibility list post but, since I couldn't find one, I'd like to ask: will it be enough to change each mod's .version file? And those without it? Despite the message, are they compatible?

As far as I can remember, there were messages at least for these mods:

• Firespitter and KSPAPI (as usual)
  • Blizzy's Toolbar
  • [x]Science
  • PlanetShine
  • SmartParts
  • KIS
  • KAS
  • Contract Configurator (and ScanSat Lite Contract Pack)
  • DeepFreeze
  • PreciseNode

EDIT: BTW, don't get me wrong, I liked 1.0.3 very much but, they perfected many things but forgot Valentina's visor on the opening scene? :blush:

I didn't have any problem with the Toolbar or PreciseNode, I don't have the others.

I can confirm that my mods (Contract Configurator, Waypoint Manager, Wider Contracts App) are all fine (and the various .version files are now updated, and CKAN is updated). Contract Packs mostly be independent of KSP version (exception being the ones that add their own code), so they should pretty much all be fine too.

I had a glitch with MechJeb that was fixed by a KSP restart, possibly linked to needing to change the graphics setting to use all my screen and not the default window.

Several Mods have already had version tweaks put onto Kerbalstuff. There are a few new parts, remember, and I'd expect some aerodynamics and re-rentry tweaks to be needed, at least.

The new Yongetech Tech Tree loader/manager doesn't seem to work on v1.0.3 but since that's still under development that doesn't astonish me.

I've seen one or two mentions of things needing a recompile to work with earlier v1 version changes, and I've wondered just what that might mean. I am guessing that this is something that needs the compiler to refer to a current Squad DLL to get the calls right, almost routine modern programming. The last programming I did was in BASIC...

For MS-DOS...

Most of the ones I have installed say they are incompatible

Tweakscale

blizzy toolbar

Firespitter Core (which is used in quite a few mods)

Filter Extension

KER + MechJeb2

CapCom

Contract Window +

Scansat

Coherent Contracts

Interstellar Fuel Switch + Core

KIS + KAS

RCS Build Aid

Field Experience

StageRecovery

BetterTimeWarp (I have yet to figure out how to even use this mod)

CrossfeedEnabler

CTT

HeatControl + core

All the NFT as far as I ca tell

Contract Contract Configuration (but then CKAN is a few version out of date for that on)

Ship Manifest

Atomic Age

Stock Fuel Switch

RT2

Only USI Life Support out of all of RoverDudes mods that I had installed

Contract Pack: ScanSat Lite

Infernal Robotics

FMRS

ForScience Continued

KerboKatz Utilities + Small Utillities

SOC

ET

TAC Fuel Ballancer

KW Rocketry

Science Alert

"incompatible" message are just the mod checking that the KSP version is different from 1.0.2. It does not mean much by itself.

With the 1.0.3 code change most mod that don't interact with part temp should be OK as is.

With the 1.0.3 code change most mod that don't interact with part temp should be OK as is.

So pretty much every parts mod is broken I assume? I see so many errors being thrown that it is slowing physics time to a crawl. I use KWRocketry NovaPunch HGR and various proc parts mods so lots of nonvanilla parts.

Heating while going up ? You fly with TWR over 9000 ?

from Harvester's blog:

Most importantly, this patch introduces a big revision to the thermal system for parts. The heat simulation has been greatly improved, heat from reentry is now handled in a totally new (and more accurate) way,

Using the same rockets and ascent profile I used in 1.02 (with MJ default) they do get a lot of shock heating now that they didn't before.

TWR on the pad is 1.5 or so for most of my creations.

- - - Updated - - -

So pretty much every parts mod is broken I assume? I see so many errors being thrown that it is slowing physics time to a crawl. I use KWRocketry NovaPunch HGR and various proc parts mods so lots of nonvanilla parts.

KW and Nova seem to work fine.

---------------

I did notice a LOT more heating during reentry, and that heating lasting until far lower into the atmosphere. Few reentries I've tried so far the shock heating only stopped at about 2-3km over the surface, at which point the craft is still going at something like 1000m/s, making it impossible to perform a survivable landing.

Far more shallow reentry profiles are called for too it seems...

Any word on KIS and KAS?

KIS and KAS give you a warning that you should stay with 1.0.2, but I did some basic testing and everything seemed to work so far.

- - - Updated - - -

MechJeb doesn't seem to be working at all for me, but I see that others have it working fine. Maybe I just installed it wrong.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.