What do you HATE about KSP?

rokr

1. Lack of wheel brakes. Seriously, please fix this.

2. Lowered performance. It makes it hard to build anything.

3. Lack of a stock Delta V Calculator.

4. Poor performance of Basic Jet Engine

5. (More of a nuisance) Unfinished wet wing part set.

6. (Nuisance) No two-part fairing separation.

And my biggest complaint: all the people who complain the moment Squad changes anything, even if it's for the better.

Edited by kmMango

I don't hate anything about KSP, quite the opposite... but there are areas that could be better. I say this because I don't hate, I want it to reach it's full potential.

I see no problem with the airing of complaints and exposing of bugs, but descending into "hate" is a step too far - go play something else if it affects you that way. ;)

1. Stock bugfix modules.

2. Yeah, it's lousy. With any luck U5 will help.

3. Never understood this, but there's mods so no big deal.

4. Meh, some parts gotta suck so you appreciate the better/higher tier ones.

5. Lots of "unfinished" stuff, but bugfixes and performance first please.

6. There's a mod for that too, but yeah: What? Why? Nevermind, no big deal really.

And my biggest complaint: all the people who complain the moment Squad changes anything, even if it's for the better.
Human nature, I recon.

Progress is change, I'm all for progress, so long as it's not "Just when you thought it was safe to play, here's some more bugs." type progress that is.

That would generate bug reports, and maybe even some whingeing. ;)

Mainly crashes and one major possible bug that prevents me from rendezvousing and docking, or it could be my incompetence (in life) in that field. It's really hard to explain. Aside that, I love this game.

Edited by CelticCossack51
discomfort

• 1 year later...

I despise this game. It came from hell. It is really fun. But maybe you've done everything there is to do in the game. Maybe you want to build stuff that looks cool or mirrors something in real life. Maybe you want to do an Apollo replica. So you build a lander (a very cool one) and move it over to subassemblies. But It says THE SELECTED PART IS NOT ATTACHABLE. Could you explain why instead of yelling at me? No? Ok, screw you.

But I give it another chance. I work around the issue. I launch. I perform an encounter burn. I dock to the lander. I get to the Mun. I undock. I try again. And again. You see, it's kind of hard to enjoy this game when I can't undock. I hit the button. Nothing happens. The button DISSAPEARS. Now this happens all the time. Sorry Space Station, Mun Base, etc., you are worthless now.

Then I look at their update history. I then find out they are on a "much needed vacation" after working for an entire YEAR just to put a stupid encyclopedia that helps with nothing into the game. I promptly went insane. REALLY insane. I hate this game.  

The worst part of KSP is when you have to turn it off and go back to the real world.

Paying my taxes and cooking dinner just seems...so terribly boring and mundane after designing and flying my own rockets into outer space.

The real world sucks...I mean, the graphics are phenomenal, but it's P2W and you only get one life and no continues? What kind of crap is that?

Finding amazing mods to make a great game ever greater, but then having the game crash. This then makes me crazy enough to buy a whole new computer, and eh it was worth it. love KSP :D

3 hours ago, Dovahkiin713 said:

I despise this game. It came from hell. It is really fun. But maybe you've done everything there is to do in the game. Maybe you want to build stuff that looks cool or mirrors something in real life. Maybe you want to do an Apollo replica. So you build a lander (a very cool one) and move it over to subassemblies. But It says THE SELECTED PART IS NOT ATTACHABLE. Could you explain why instead of yelling at me? No? Ok, screw you.

But I give it another chance. I work around the issue. I launch. I perform an encounter burn. I dock to the lander. I get to the Mun. I undock. I try again. And again. You see, it's kind of hard to enjoy this game when I can't undock. I hit the button. Nothing happens. The button DISSAPEARS. Now this happens all the time. Sorry Space Station, Mun Base, etc., you are worthless now.

Then I look at their update history. I then find out they are on a "much needed vacation" after working for an entire YEAR just to put a stupid encyclopedia that helps with nothing into the game. I promptly went insane. REALLY insane. I hate this game.  

Well, to reply to you about the lander, you have to use the root tool (number 4 on the keyboard) and make something attachable, say, the docking port, the root part, and then save it. Then, you can attach it to whatever using the docking port. OR, make the engine the root part, and attach via that.

As per the docking bug, I've heard it before, perhaps it was attached wrong, or there's an issue, which requires a little bit of editing of persistance.sfs

As per the third one, I don't understand. They worked for many years near constantly on the game to get it to 1.0, took a break, worked for a year, and then released 1.1 and hotfixes, and 1.1 did a helluva lot more than simply add the encyclopedia, it moved to unity 5, making the game 64 bit, run faster, use multiple CPU cores, etc.

You can only have one F5 save and then if you want to F5 again it copys over the original one and then you F5 again but this time around its a case of no chance of  surviving the impending doom! and then another 45 minutes wasted repeating the same stuff!

13 minutes ago, Dogenutt said:

You can only have one F5 save and then if you want to F5 again it copys over the original one and then you F5 again but this time around its a case of no chance of  surviving the impending doom! and then another 45 minutes wasted repeating the same stuff!

Alt F5 lets you save more than one quicksave and ALT F9 allows you to load any quicksave.

1 minute ago, HoloYolo said:

Alt F5 lets you save more than one quicksave and ALT F9 allows you to load any quicksave.

KSP is fixed for me! I have a perfect game now!

(Except when the kraken comes)

Edited by Dogenutt

The nonsense texts in all of the contracts. I wasted too much time trying to understand what was being said  >:(

Also, the blemish on the KSC landscape that is the monolith.

Edited by THX1138

"Hate" is a very strong word, but "love" is a stronger word. If you really hated the game, you wouldn't play it. Its that simple...

I mean.... you hate work but you go to it for at least 8 hours per day...

I think some meant they "dislike" the game... maybe not even that... dislikes some parts of it...

End of the day, no one is forcing you to play a game you "hate".... right? Then why do you? Maybe because you like it?

Those parts you "dislike" maybe minor... end of the day, you must like most of it, or you wouldn't be here.

I love KSP.... but I dislike some aspects of it... probably not the fault of the game, but more to do with my CPU making the game lag badly.

BUT... I still play it... its an adventure, I cannot get enough of it... even if I can only play a few hours a week... :(

10 hours ago, Dovahkiin713 said:

kml-persistence-file-editor
Try that. It is not a mod, it is a independent program that runs outside ksp. When you get the dock problem just quicksave. Then alt+tab, open up KML and feed it your quicksave.sfs file(in the KSP installation folder -> saves).
This shows you all the errors in your save game as warnings. You should see one to do with the current Apollo craft. Right-click that, and select to fix. Remember to save afterwards(overwrite the quicksave.sfs file)...then back to game and quickload, all is fixed until next time

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.