What do you LOVE about KSP?

DuoDex

I love the ability to create almost anything,but still test it to the physics.I love those YES! moments when you get a craft to work.I love playing in career mode with everything unlocked so I can do whatever but still get science and stuff(because why else go into space)!

I love being able to mod it into a proper spaceflight simulator. I most especially love that there are people who share the same passion for realism on these forums.

I love how it makes spaceâ„¢ easy. You don't need to be an MIT grad to slap a few tanks on an engine, say "that should be enough to get me there" and go. No need for stupid math.

In real life I have never flown a spaceplane into orbit and docked with a space station. I have never re-entered the atmosphere in a spaceplane directly over an airport in a perfect position for a (somewhat bouncy) landing.

These things and many others KSP allows me to do. Makes me feel like hotshot pilot, rocket scientist and mission control all in one.

I love how it inspires learning simply by presenting challenges. "Go from here, to the moon. Here's your box of parts - have fun!" Finally accomplishing goals that are mostly set by yourself is quite a rush, after all of the work and iteration that had to happen to make it possible. Then, seemingly all of a sudden, I find myself plotting gravity assists through the Joolian moons while listening to podcasts about the history of rocketry.

Leave it to a moderator to fight all the recent hate with some KSP love....

That feeling you get as a noob, when you don't know how to fly the navball. Dithering over the Mun, trying to eyeball when horizontal velocity is gone, trying to descend at a safe speed, closer, closer... still drifting sideways when making contact, it's trying to fall over downhill... but it settles back on the landing gear! You did it! The first landing on the Mun! :cheers!: :D

That is what I love about KSP

Now whaddaya mean the hatch is obstructed? :facepalm: :mad:

Edited by StrandedonEarth

I love KSP because of how unique it is, its modding support, and the exploration aspect of it, and the fact that, with mods, you can make pretty much whatever you want (until you reach the game's limits).

This isn't a criticism thread though, so I'll leave my other opinions alone for another post.

Edited by mythbusters844
Why does this make no sense

Definitely the joy of that first successful Mun landing, followed by the sorrow of insufficient return delta-v, followed by the joy of a successful rescue mission. Learning all the way.

The joy of that first successful spaceplane orbit, followed by the sorrow of understanding that taking off is easier than landing, followed by the joy of that first successful spaceplane landing. Learning all the way.

Happy landings!

I love the Physics.

I love to rendezvous.

I love the landings.

I love the crashes too.

Creativity...

all the things I can do.

Boom dee ah dah. Boom dee ah dah.

I love moar boosters.

I love SSTOs.

Experimenting...

to see just how it goes.

But I'd be happy

with a refueling hose.

KSP is the only game in the universe where you can both have your cake built and fly it.

I was about to say, eating, which is now physically possible, but I don't think I can eat a 3D printed model. It would be the most expensive cake and sandstone-tasting cake ever.

...several attempts that all turned into cris de cœur instead....

So......

19281482595_04390d42e7_z.jpg

OK, got it.

This thread.

This YouTube channel.

This picture (even though I made it).

That fact that, in these dark days, somebody would start a thread like this (+1).

But actually playing the game right now? Not so much.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.