KSP Twitter- "We've got something planned later today"

Jodo42

The Kerbin Cup: http://www.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/221319-kerbin-cup

Which hasn't been updated or even so much as recompiled since. No reason it shouldn't still work, but it'd be nice if it was at least bumped.

Why release "official" mods instead of just stuffing them in the game?

I randomly decided to reinstall Kerbin Cup last week to see how it was working. All in all it works well and the modules seem fine, but the heat tolerance for the soccer balls is set to 500 so that needs to be updated. (With that default setting they actually have heat bars on the launchpad at least in 1.02.) I just copied the parameters for the 1x1 structural panel (maxTemp = 2000 // = 3200) with no further issues.

This one looks like a blast and I can't wait to check it out!

The Kerbin Cup: http://www.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/221319-kerbin-cup

Which hasn't been updated or even so much as recompiled since. No reason it shouldn't still work, but it'd be nice if it was at least bumped.

Why release "official" mods instead of just stuffing them in the game?

I'm wondering that as well. Last year, with the soccer balls, it made sense to not include them as stock since they were rather silly and not quite in theme with the game. These parts, however, seem to fit the stock game rather well and add a little more for us to do.

Maybe if we're good they'll bundle it in with the next update. :)

Playing around with the parts, seems fun. I'm seeing RemoteTech-like asteroid mapping constellations in my future :D

Ooooo. Looks like your probe is just shy of Jool orbit, so those are asteroids out past Eeloo, correct?

Ooooo. Looks like your probe is just shy of Jool orbit, so those are asteroids out past Eeloo, correct?

At that location it maps asteroids that pass near Jool's orbit, so it seems to be the closest celestial body further out from you.

You also need to be aligned... if I change my Pe to be inside Dres it says 'Misaligned with Jool' or something like that. Same thing if you're too far out of coplanar.

Here's the new parts in-game for anyone at work, including:

The HECS-2 Probe Core comes with integrated batteries and SAS, to make building a compact Sentinel probe much easier.

The OX-STAT-XL Photovoltaic Panels are a much larger version of the stock solar panels, for larger probes.

The HG-55 High Gain Antenna can transmit larger amounts of data than any of the existing antennae in the game.

http://i.imgur.com/F3jqNuc.png

http://i.imgur.com/cTN9BhE.png

The second these are stock that HECS is going to be used for mini Apollo mun landers!

I came home from lunch to find this? Awesome! I've played with the new parts, and even without having done a mission, I think this is something that definitely should be made stock just because of the antennae and probe core. I see no reason why this must be kept out of the game. We all know the mod will end up going unmaintained after a few updates, just as the Bouncy-balls did. (Speaking of which, lithobraking would be aided very much by special landing-spheres using the old bouncy-ball module from that mod)

Though I do have a complaint: There's not any tutorial on how to use it. I brought a telescope out to Eve and the telescope said "Misaligned with Eve"

Edited by GregroxMun

Yay Squad! Nice touch. I like you guys again :).

I'm always on the hunt for MOAR ways to get science, especially after the great science nerf of 1.0. But more to the point, all these parts are quite useful in the regular coarse of business. Thanks.

Wonderful, a parts pack I feel like I can use. Because it's official. I hope SQUAD integrates this into the next update, or at least doesn't let it fade away.

Also, hey, an announcement that wasn't a disappointment! Finally!

Yeah, I don't really understand why something like this wouldn't just be added to the game, if they're going to take the time to make it. Is there a reason for this that I'm not seeing? Also, they should really add more than just one contract if they add a sweet new telescope part. Hubble missions, Kepler missions, James Webb missions. But yeah, anyways, nice to have some cool new stuff!

Why an official mod? Why not incorporate this into the game fully?

Edit: So I presume since this modpack is featuring the Klaw (at least in the logo for it) that perhaps they have fixed it? It loves to cause all sorts of Krakensian issues.

VL2C5yN.png

Edit 2: Are the backside connectors for the solar pannels supposed to be the color they are?

Edit 3: Thats some OP probecore right there!

o8t4Tvi.jpg

Edited by klesh

NASApack got integrated into core. Hopefully this will be as well. Also, hoping for RemoteTech to be able to utilize that new antenna...

I'm pretty sure that was developed for the core game, but I can't argue with wanting this to be integrated. It's yummy! WHY DID I SAY THAT?!?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.