War Of Insanity!

Dark Junior

(polyneutronium-duranium alloy explodes) oops...

Guess I'll upgrade my main intergalactic fleet to polyneutronium.

I upgrade my secondary intergalactic fleet from buzzard ramjets to cylindrical warp drives.

You pressed "Ctrl-V", not "Ctrl-X". We're still here :sticktongue:

That hypercomputer is just what I need to make a super intergalactic command station! I build and send 2 intergalactic scouters to look for the hypercomputer.

After seeing how much has happened while I was asleep IRL, I immediately grow my space fleet thousand-fold and send 90% (45 000) of my battleships towards the Milky Way. Using new advanced antimatter engines, the fleet should arrive in about... 3 million years.

3 million years?

I go to Alpha Centauri AB-C and I start heavily mining away at the innermost planet. I siphon the mantle and the core away, and the planet collapses on itself. I process the mantle material into thousands of heavy defense ships.

My military scientists are learning how to siphon hydrogen and helium from stars.

Surprisingly, my facility only took superficial damage and is still functional. During the event, automated defenses uploaded an unstoppable virus which throws off the aim of the deletion to an abandoned space station and deletes all references and coordinates to the real facility. Virus is able to pass through all firewalls. We then put out a call for allies promising to share the results of our research.

(Receives message) Yes, I am here, I will come to get my cruisers. (goes to Xannari's shipyard to collect my cruisers, oui oui, thank you)

A new dwarf planet forms in Alpha Centauri AB-C from the rubble of the planet I destroyed.

Edited by TrainEngie

Now that's an object I've never seen before. I'll go out and scan it closely. Let's see here... Missiles, put this area on lockdown while I'm gone. Send out a standard warning to anyone who approaches, and if they don't listen, ...Well, you know what to do.

Prepare for isotopic jump in 3, 2, 1, gone. Hmm... This is a fascinating object. I'll just leave my orbital scanning equipment here to collect data.

*Jumps back* Man, this thing is so darn cool!

This is Xannari, I've set up some standard scanning equipment on the new Dwarf Planet, and I'll relay the data to both of us. ​Verterons are so cool!

Using 2 pincers, I enlarge a quantum wormhole to fit 10% of my home-grown fleet (420666 MK-1 Command Pods with RCS thrusters, armed with discombobulators and death lazors) and reach your fleet.

That's 45 000 heavily armed battleships vs 420 000 tiny fighter pod things. The tiny fighter fleet is halved in battle, and my fleet loses a third of it's battleships.

Meanwhile, on a large but sparsely inhabited planet in M33, a new mineral is discovered with properties unlike anything else in existence. It is discovered that it is the key to creating real Alcubierre drives, high-thrust Emdrives, habitable Dyson spheres, Vaccum energy, direct matter-to-energy conversion, wormholes, portal guns, plasmaball shooting-guns, extreme genetic modification, and atomic manipulation and restructuring. The substance is promptly named 'Handwavium', and the planet it is discovered on becomes the galactic equivalent of an Oil-Boomtown.

M33 Also changes its name to NeoStraya.

Leak: researchers on the planet *REDACTED* have discovered a way to weaponize the quantum energy original used for shielding. The group known as the Vesper Faction is now seeking alliances with powerful faction and is willing to share its technology research in return for basic protection while its own mainline warships are constructed.

Edited by Sampa

Leak: researchers on the planet *REDACTED* have discovered a way to weaponize the quantum energy originally used for shielding. The group known as the Vesper Faction is now seeking alliances with powerful faction and is willing to share its technology research in return for basic protection while its own mainline warships are constructed.

What is the resistance of this quantum shielding? If it is any stronger than Poly-neutronic alloy, I'd be willing to give it a look. If I can produce 16 VSC-Ms, 12 armed with a medium yield warhead, 3 with high yield, and 1 with maximum yield, would that suffice? Their AI's are trained to work together efficiently to uphold a defense perimeter. Since they do not destroy by damage, but rather spatial compression, the physical durability of any ship does not matter.

Can you relay the message, and tell whoever's in charge to send schematics of a weapon blueprint? Whatever technology can help me defend the Great Attractor, I desire.

If that's not possible, I wont comply.

I create a massive ship to serve as my mobile HQ, complete with enough firepower to destroy any defenses and enough hangar space to fit a thousand fighters.

- - - Updated - - -

I name it the Venator, and I hide in a corner of the universe no one can find me until the cruiser it at its full power.

What is the resistance of this quantum shielding? If it is any stronger than Poly-neutronic alloy, I'd be willing to give it a look. If I can produce 16 VSC-Ms, 12 armed with a medium yield warhead, 3 with high yield, and 1 with maximum yield, would that suffice? Their AI's are trained to work together efficiently to uphold a defense perimeter. Since they do not destroy by damage, but rather spatial compression, the physical durability of any ship does not matter.

Can you relay the message, and tell whoever's in charge to send schematics of a weapon blueprint? Whatever technology can help me defend the Great Attractor, I desire.

If that's not possible, I wont comply.

Very well, sending what research has gleaned to date.

From what research has gleaned, and it is still ongoing as it is imperfect still. The function of the shield is that it acts as a fast reacting defense, capable of quickly adapting to any energy blast sent against it. the initial blast that hits it knocks it out briefly. this is normal function known as the initialization phase. After this it corrects its shield frequency to better protect and neutralize further blasts. This has been thoroughly tested with various energy types taking the equivalent of a full scale orbital bombardment and by the time the weapons ran out of power, the shield strength had dwindled to only 92% There are still bugs in the system which we are researching fixes for, but we are ready to mass produce the first generation of ship-board and base-shielding. Some basic problems still persisting involve the shielding messing with the targeting computer. A fix is being researched for this.

I scrap my flying TGVs and F-16s and turn their scrap into the orbital lasers to protect Kepler 186f.

Meanwhile, my scouters are not receiving any signs of the hypercomputer within the Milky Way. They will go to the Magellanic clouds and search from there.

I set up jump beacons from Gliese 581 to Kepler 186 to Alpha Centauri AB-C. Scientists are still trying to figure out how to harvest star matter.

Great attractor is still on lockdown...?

Very well, sending what research has gleaned to date.

From what research has gleaned, and it is still ongoing as it is imperfect still. The function of the shield is that it acts as a fast reacting defense, capable of quickly adapting to any energy blast sent against it. the initial blast that hits it knocks it out briefly. this is normal function known as the initialization phase. After this it corrects its shield frequency to better protect and neutralize further blasts. This has been thoroughly tested with various energy types taking the equivalent of a full scale orbital bombardment and by the time the weapons ran out of power, the shield strength had dwindled to only 92% There are still bugs in the system which we are researching fixes for, but we are ready to mass produce the first generation of ship-board and base-shielding. Some basic problems still persisting involve the shielding messing with the targeting computer. A fix is being researched for this.

First delivery will be made as soon as an agreement can be reached. We cast a hand of friendship to you, Xannari.

First delivery will be made as soon as an agreement can be reached. We cast a hand of friendship to you, Xannari.

I definitely look forward to an agreement. As we speak, I am loading the 16 promised VSC-Ms up for a jump to Isotunneling velocity, and they should arrive within the hour.

These are some pretty impressive shields. One immediate flaw I realize that wasn't listed was that they don't regenerate. May I suggest a recursive electro-dynamic search algorithm? This way, any usable energy signatures that are compatible with it's own are integrated, and added to it's own integrity. One such material that can do meshes like this is Verteron based omni-spectral barriers. If you'd like, I could deliver this one, but it would have to be by hand [unstable in pre-erected state].

When you receive them, I have ordered them to comply with your commands [as long as such commands conflict with their ethnics]. They will go to work immediately. I guess you'd call it a smart bomb.

Great attractor is still on lockdown...?

Always. If you need to leave for whatever reason, I recommend using AI vessels.

I mean, this is what I'll be doing for my life, and I think it'll get boring, so that may be a solution. A single vessel is plenty powerful.

If you would be willing to decommission a vessel to me, I do have... Another thing to offer. I'd need to speak with you in person about that though.

Omega energy.

Edited by Xannari Ferrows

The captains of the 5th Interstellar Regiment and the 7th Intergalactic Regiment want to reserve some seats for that interstellar bacon feast.

Scientists take an old buzzard ramjet aboard a really old Hall thruster and try to scoop some hydrogen from Proximia Centauri (Alpha Centauri C). IT WORKS! MUAHAHAHA. but then the ramjet goes on overload and explodes.