War Of Insanity!

Dark Junior

The goal of The War Of Insanity is to wage a war. The game is meant to get more and more Intense as we construct our empires.. No limits to how you can play! Create armies! Destroy the universe! make peace! Do ANYTHING!

The story so far:

A galactic war began. The dominant powers are, Junior, Sampa, Xannari, Trainengie, and Vinster.

They each claimed a portion of the galaxy. They started with petty attacks, bacon feasts, and gravity messing-around-with. The first major event occurred at the center of the galaxy, where Vinster’s colony, located inside an asteroid, went critical. After much effort, Vinster’s people scattered around the blast radius and resettled in the void in the middle of the galaxy.

Sampa and Xannari made a truce, and the galaxy was at peace as they settled into an era of no conflict. It ended as soon as Sampa began raiding small enemy targets that had settled. Then Xannari became suspicious. Xannari stole blueprints for a massive ship. Xannari nearly arrested by Sampa after Xannari responded with a threat to destroy the flagship of Sampa’s fleet. Xannari escaped. Xannari surrendered and rejoined Sampa.

Junior joined Sampa, and they traded techs, becoming an alliance. Xannari began to show odd symptoms, such as Xannari speaking of the Great attractor, the most powerful gravitational force known to man, where Xannari made a colony.

Strange things happened: The great attractor showed signs of meeting the same fate as the center of the galaxy; Junior completed his signature particle shield.

Xannari accuses Vinster of causing the near collapse. From then on, Xannari became a warmonger. The center of the galaxy nearly exploded again, but Junior saved everyone. Junior, while investigating the disturbance, which Sampa identified as a wormhole later, is ambushed. Junior and the ship barely survive the attack. Xannari snaps at this point and threatens everyone with missiles.

Junior recovers and Sampa and Xannari break their alliance. Sampa takes aggressive action against Xannari, who armed his missiles. Xannari attempted to assassinate Junior and his planet with an irradiates space ship.

A massive battle breaks out after Junior recovers and saves the fleet from radiation death. The combined forces of Sampa and Junior fought against and eventually imprisoned. At this point, Junior and Sampa found the Galactic Alliance and create a central Station: the Citadel. This heavily defended station is created and promptly destroyed by an unknown 3rd faction.

Junior nearly dies when shot in the back, spending a week recovering. Sampa confronts Xannari a final time. Sampa hand-to-hand fights with Xannari, ending with Sampa shooting himself in the head so he wouldn't be court-marshalled for his crime. (If Fallout New Vegas taught us anything, you can survive a bullet in the brain.) He recovered with the help of Xannari and faced his fate. Xannari disappeared and is presumed dead. Sampa was let away scot-free. After, the fleet constructs Citadel 2, a replacement. The Alliance welcome this era of peace.

- - - Updated - - -

The next poster gets the first move!

UPDATE 1:

I got rid of sides.

Edited by Dark Junior

I claim Gliese 581 and all of its planets. Each planet has 30 orbital long-range defense lasers orbiting around it and a 5 battle starships with long-range attack lasers.

so... 120 lasers, 20 battleships, 4 planets.

Edited by TrainEngie

I line up hundreds of my ULW SD40-2WE (WE means War Edition, aka extra armor + weapons) on the coastline by KSC. Facing KSC. Each one armed with two Beamwing I missiles, to shoot down rockets and planes. More of them lurk underwater in submarines, waiting....

Meanwhile, some SD40-2WEs are released in orbit, with little booster modules sending them on crash courses with every KSC building.

I Decide not to join the Milky Way, Andromeda, Kerbol or Gliese 581, and instead claim M33 as an independent territory. I then proceed to build a fleet of 50 battleships, all armed with railguns, lazors and antimatter missiles.

I fly my F-16 Fighting Falcons and flying TGVs out of my orbital carriers and I intercept those SD-40 locomotives. I build a energy collector around Gliese 581 for my lasers.

Edited by TrainEngie

My first object to locate is the Great Attractor; The strongest gravitational force in the universe. I set myself a reasonable distance away on a moon in orbit, and set up base, where I begin producing super high tech graviton warheads or something like that. Something that, once it makes contact, collapses the space around said object in question up to a certain radius, and that can be tweaked with the yield.

I stand here with my missile ready, so no one can lay claim to this beautiful artifact of the universe. Those that try will be obliterated. Other than that, I just live out a normal life:

Basic life support, telescope, and some utility to provide power.

Each and every one of us watch Robotengineer's forces zap away from all of us.

I build intergalactic cruisers and I send them to screw up Vall and Bop's orbits around Jool in the Kerbol system. Bop now orbits Vall, and Vall is its own planet.

I use my supreme powers to launch nyan kerbals at you, causing you to all die of rainbow.

take that.

oh yeah, I also create a planet with impenetrable defenses as my home base

- - - Updated - - -

I'm amazed how fast this thread became popular!

You're all awesome!

Upon closer inspection, you realize that the facility hit is not THE facility but an old decoy facility. To prevent theft of our data, we made a copy of it, deleted the facilities data, then set the facility to self-destruct upon if it senses an IFF not recognized by the sentinel computers (or if there is no IFF answer). Research continues at another undisclosed location! :)

I send the FILSS automated fleet, commanded by the SHELIA AI to hunt you down. I speed up time until my automatic fleet finds your true facility. I use my godlike powers to simply delete the facility.

- - - Updated - - -

And to Xannari, I /tp to you and wreak havoc.

And to Xannari, I /tp to you and wreak havoc.

Nah ah ah, take a look around you. Poly-neutronic based alloys make the structure of my base, and all 7 missiles are pointed at you. Move a single electron out of place, and you're through. I would suggest going somewhere else. Maybe over here, spatial gridmark 77. Your friends are over there.

In the meantime, VSC-M models 1, 3, 4, 5, and 7, resume normal operations. 2 and 6, keep a lock until he's out. We need to make sure no one approaches the Great Attractor.

I take my remaining interstellar cruiser and take over all of Kepler 186's planets. I manufacture 10 intergalactic cruisers with chem lasers to protect Xannari's place from Dark Junior's havoc thing.

EDIT: From far away of course, we don't want that Great Attractor being disturbed.

Edited by TrainEngie

Let's see...

Duranium alloy hull, self-regenerating ablative hull armour, plasma based power distribution, matter-antimatter collision based warheads, inter-atomically degenerative energy pulses...

And compressed Verteron based warp propulsion systems!? Man, that's some really advanced technology! Though I suspect you'd be even stronger with my Poly-neutronium based alloy in place of your Duranium-based hull. In return for helping defend the Great Attractor, I'll send you up a sample and you can make the decision.

Edited by Xannari Ferrows

The poly neutronium is kind of heavy... I won't be using it for the main intergalactic fleet. Hmmm, I wonder what happens if we make a polyneutronium-duranium alloy... (mixes part of the sample and some scrap duranium together)

The poly neutronium is kind of heavy... I won't be using it for the main intergalactic fleet. Hmmm, I wonder what happens if we make a polyneutronium-duranium alloy... (mixes part of the sample and some scrap duranium together)

Should it matter? Unless you use conventional engines that produce thrust for movement, it will only help. Gravity based propulsion [technically does make you move at all] has you move at a fixed velocity independent of physical parameters.

...Don't tell me you use conventional thrusters...

Also, mixing even a sample with other materials [unless Verteron based] will likely make them unstable. I could get you Verteron based hull plating instead, but it wouldn't be as strong, fair warning.

Edited by Xannari Ferrows