"Eve: Order Zero" -- a KSP Graphic Novel (POSTLUDE COMPLETE...bet you didn't see THAT coming.)

Wait, Jeb outsmarted another Kerbal? That can't be---*gasp* He's under the control of a Ceti Eel! MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRTTTTTT!!!!

Bill did the leadup with the bait and Jeb clinched it.

Also, it seems like Bills and Bobs stats are reversed in Kuzzters comic-universe, of the Big Four, Bills usually the not so bright one and Bob is the smart one. That or Bill is a Savant.

Edited by smjjames

Bill did the leadup with the bait and Jeb clinched it.

Also, it seems like Bills and Bobs stats are reversed in Kuzzters comic-universe, of the Big Four, Bills usually the not so bright one and Bob is the smart one. That or Bill is a Savant.

Let's see didn't close the airlock on his way out while rushing to be the first kerbal on ike, stole an untested prototype eve lander that may stand him on the unforgiving surface, has crazy beliefs about config files and krakens... I'd say he isn't stupid so much as he is crazy :P

Props to Geschosskopf for pointing out in the D:OB! thread that Kenlie might deserve that patch :)

LOL :) Glad to be of service.

Poor Kenlie, though. I never meant any harm to him, I was just trying to give the kid some help with getting his career started and it appears to be backfiring. Now he's either going to be flogged and cashiered as the scapegoat or hung on Gibbet Point as a mutineer himself. I'll lie awake all night remorsing over that :D

Same one who let Markers Guy work in Mission Control.

NEWSFLASH!

ROGUE PERSONNEL SUPPORTING 'DEVIANT SPACE PROGRAM' IDENTIFIED!

It is widely understood that the suspected evil villains and their rogue space program are supported by a shadowy figure known only as The guy who licks the markers, but - until now - his identity has been a closely guarded secret. Today, it was exclusively revealed to Kerbin Daily that this highly secretive figure bears the name: Markus Guy Kerman. Our sources reveal that he is able to detect material pigment changes by taste alone. His exact role in the operation remains a mystery.

Background checks are underway and Kerbin Daily will keep you up to date on the situation as events unfold.

Edited by Deddly

Poor Kenlie. Even I'm starting to feel bad for him. Maybe I'll do a 200-page series of Gregmore and Kenlie's Big Dres Adventure after this.

That doesn't sound half bad. Instead of the orange heroes doing daring deeds, it could be just some foot soldiers muddling along on a not-so-glamorous mission in a rickety ship. I'd read that. :)

CITATION NEEDED

Well, if Kenlie gets left behind after behing duped, he's going to be Mort's scapegoat, which won't be pleasant. If to avoid this fate, he decides to run away with his heroes Jeb and Bill, and help them in their quest, he becomes an accessory after the fact to the crimes they've already committed, and will commit some of his own, in which case he's a mutineer as much as they are. Accomplice liability, which makes all members of the conspiracy equally guilty of the crimes of each individual member. The only other outcome for him is to be kidnapped, in which case Jeb and Bill just dig an even deeper hole for themselves and any of their other accomplices.

And isn't it 'hanged'? :P

Well, in the actual execution on the gallows, the offender is indeed hanged, not hung. But a gibbet is a "trophy case" in which the corpses of previously executed criminals are literally "hung out to dry" on public display, usually in chains or a cage, as a warning to others. For example (from the highwayman folksong "Brennon on the Moor")

They hanged him at the crossroads, in chains he hung and dried

But yet they say that in the night some do still see him ride

With his cloak and blunderbuss all through the midnight chill

Along, along the highway rides Willie Brennon still

And it's Brennon on the moor, Brennon on the moor

Bold, brave, undaunted was young Brennon on the moor

Edited by Geschosskopf

That doesn't sound half bad. Instead of the orange heroes doing daring deeds, it could be just some foot soldiers muddling along on a not-so-glamorous mission in a rickety ship. I'd read that. :)

I would read that too :) Such underdog stories are often more entertaining to a reader than works describing larger-than-life figures. Simply because it's easier to relate to regular guys getting into something waaay over their heads. "Will they make it?" becomes a viable concern - much more so than in stories about a memetic badass, who already blew through dozen of such situations without a scratch.

I would read that too :) Such underdog stories are often more entertaining to a reader than works describing larger-than-life figures. Simply because it's easier to relate to regular guys getting into something waaay over their heads. "Will they make it?" becomes a viable concern - much more so than in stories about a memetic badass, who already blew through dozen of such situations without a scratch.

I'd have to get around the fact they look identical and have the same color speech balloons...actually, that might be perfect for a mission to Dres! And Kenlie certainly deserves something good, after this...

fH0Ko4X.png

ojHrRQG.png

Edited by Kuzzter

It seems Mort has a nice new 'rescue a kerbal in orbit' contract coming up.

Everyone check your career saves--he might just outsource it!

Wait, I thought they needed that ship to get off of Eve????

Sorry, that last shot might be a little dark. Check post #610 again: *SNIKT* is the sound a docking claw makes when it latches onto its target :)

So they got Kenlie drunk, threw him overboard and commandeered his ship? Piracy! Piracy on the high orbit! :D

Alleged piracy. See below.

They hanged him at the crossroads, in chains he hung and dried

An excellent way to remember the difference! I suppose Kerbfleet could indeed make them 'hang' in a gibbet without violating the "no violence" clause of my Kerbalverse. Am imagining an old Mk1 cockpit dangling from a bunch of I-beams and a docking klaw. But first there would have to be a trial, of course, which based on the amicus curae posts I see appearing on this thread could get rather interesting!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.