[1.0.4] - RealPlume - Stock Configs v0.8.1 - 2015/281

Felger

SpaceY Expanded and Taerobee were released a few days ago and don't have new plumes, so let's make RealPlume configs for them as well as for RSCapsuledyne in the next RP update!

Wow nice to see you are finally volunteering your time for all of your requests. Hope we can get them that much faster :)

Sorry, but looks like you're on your own, for I followed the page on how to make plumes for engines, and it's hard to get those onto engines :(

But I hope you can get those three done, and if so I will be eternally grateful! (Toy Story 2 reference! :D )

Edited by AJTheMighty

Sorry, but looks like you're on your own, for I followed the page on how to make plumes for engines, and it's hard to get those onto engines :(

But I hope you can get those three done, and if so I will be eternally grateful! (Toy Story 2 reference! :D )

Its not hard if you read it carefully ;)

A little question. How to create a new plume?

It depends on what you want to do, it's something of an art, combining all the properties into something that looks good, but once you get the hang of it, it's not too hard. Basically, this is one of the "pre-fabbed" realplumes:

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealPlume/blob/master/GameData/RealPlume/000_Generic_Plumes/Kerolox-Lower-F1.cfg

In that config are all the parameters you would need to adjust, attach it to an engine, go in-game and tinker with it using the same smokescreen tool. Once you get it how you like it, copy the parameters back to the config file, and you can attach it to any other engine you want, as long as you renamed some stuff.

Couple things to be careful of, avoid using offset, it doesn't play nice with plume resizing like we do with the PLUME node, and be careful setting the speed too high, it can space out the particles too much when you get small. Also, strongly prefer using the floatcurves:

logGrow

{

density = 1.0 2

density = 0.1 2

density = 0.0 2

}

[\code]

Over the "variables" to specify behavior, it plays nicer later on. Really though, if you want to make some, the only way to figure it out is to go in-game and start tinkering, see what works, what doesn't, and you're halfway there!

I did but still, you guys can work without me! Some of us can work independently or as a team! :P

Good luck! ;)

Which part did you get hung up on? If you want, hop onto IRC, I'm generally in a few of the major KSP channels in irc.esper.net, #RO, #ckan, #kspmodders, #rp0, etc. Send me a PM and I'll walk you through the process, it's really quite easy once you get the hang of it.

If someone could make a Real Plume configs for CMES (Chaka Monkey Exploration Systems), I would be sincerely grateful. I use this mod pack more than any other.

I'll get around to it probably after 1.1, once I have enough memory to actually use them in my game :D

If you want to give it a shot, there's a pretty detailed guide here:

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealPlume/wiki/Adding-a-Plume-to-an-Engine

little noob question, but how do i install this mod?

modulemanger and smokescreen are in my gamedata folder and i put the realplume folder there, but teh graphic effects do not appear in game.

Make sure you grab the RealPlume download as well as the Stock Configs download, those can go in your Gamedata as well.

U STILL HAVENT MADE REALPLUME CONFIGS FOR SpaceY Expanded and RSCapsuledyne AND I'M GETTING BORED.

INCLUDE THAT IN THE NEXT UPDATE, please?

Please, remember that modders aren't payed, and does modding in their free time, so please be patient. I wanted Interstellar Extended, I began to work on a config for those engines. Do you want config for your favorite part pack? You'll find help in every step of the process, from other user (like me), the modder himself and the very useful Wiki, so try by yourself and do something useful for all the community.

little noob question, but how do i install this mod?

modulemanger and smokescreen are in my gamedata folder and i put the realplume folder there, but teh graphic effects do not appear in game.

That's easy, download CKAN, check the box for RealPlume-StockConfigs, click "Apply Changes" and click "OK". Or do it the tedious by-hand route.

What about Near future space craft? They've got great stock alike LTV engines. Also the shuttle engines by Klockheed.

I'll get around to those eventually, right now I'm tinkering with some new plume types using the fantastic particles made by Nertea and Hoojiwana

U STILL HAVENT MADE REALPLUME CONFIGS FOR SpaceY Expanded and RSCapsuledyne AND I'M GETTING BORED.

INCLUDE THAT IN THE NEXT UPDATE, please?

I will eventually. The surest way to get it done is to do it yourself and submit it! Otherwise you're stuck on whatever timetable I get things out on. This puts you at risk of, how'd you put it?

GETTING BORED.

Ah yes, that's right.

I will eventually.

I may as well do them now, got nothing else to do today, and I have been thinking of using these parts, so it's a good time for me to see what there like.

EDIT: SpaceY Expanded is done, now for Taurus HCV

EDIT2: And they're all done! Updating my Taerobee pull request with both SpaceY expanded and Taurus HCV now.

Edited by DerpyFirework

I may as well do them now, got nothing else to do today, and I have been thinking of using these parts, so it's a good time for me to see what there like.

EDIT: SpaceY Expanded is done, now for Taurus HCV

EDIT2: And they're all done! Updating my Taerobee pull request with both SpaceY expanded and Taurus HCV now.

Woo you completed my requests! :D

Say, when will the next update be released? Also, can you show me what the engines' plumes look like ingame?

Edited by AJTheMighty

Felger, I did a config fo the Space Shuttle Part mod. I would like to make a professional Pull Request on Github, but I'm a total noob, so I have to ridicously send it here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lze3ul2561ada3n/AAAgCunBAggLE_ye7tZK35kga?dl=0

Sorry...

He's got a wiki page on how to submit a pull request which you can check out here