Best, middle, and worst movies?

UnionPacific1983WP

What are your favorite, middle, and least favorite movies of all time?

Best: Unstoppable. An energetic railroad action movie.

Middle: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. The book was really boring in the first part, and so the first part of the movie seemed slower, so it caused me to lose all interest in HP.

Worst: Frozen. So overrated.

Edited by UnionPacific1983WP

Best: Gattaca. It is truly amazing, it has everything, and even rockets and space ! good actors/acting, plot and universe.

Middle : not sure, i always either like a movie or dislike it. If it's middle/meh, i tend to consider it simply bad... so i'll give another one i like :

The right stuff : just awesome

Worst : must be captain america. During the whole movie i kept wondering wether it was a parody or not. Turns out it isn't. It is actually so bad, wrong and ridiculous that it could be a good parody.

Best: Casablanca

Middle: Really? Out of all the movies I've seen, you want me to select one as the most average I've seen?

Worst: HA! Any number of movies could go here. Each one is the worst, but for different reasons.

Best is a tie: 2001 and Interstellar

Average: War of the Worlds 2005 version. Liked it, just isn't as epic as I thought it would be.

Worst: As many has said, Frozen. It's terrible and has so many plot holes that it just gets irritating. Overrated by the mostly 6 year old girl fan base. Can't believe that it's getting a 2nd movie.

Agreed that - once you've seen more than about 5 movies - picking the middle one is impossible.

Best: Avengers. Fantastically paced with a great and large list of characters who - each and every one - have meaningful interactions with each other and the main bad guy. Plus, action. Prior to 3 years ago, the Best award went to Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Worst: I'm trying to go through the list of movies that I stopped watching partway through, and am reminded of Halle Berry's Gothika, which tricked me into watching it all the way to the end even though it went from fairly decent to TERRIBLE at about the midway point. So I guess I'll go with that one.

Ow, why phrase it this way ?

Nothing I want to call "middle" or "worst", but I've got plenty of highly cherished and esteemed movies :

Stalker (1979) by Andreï Tarkovsky,

Melancholia (2011) by Lars Von Trier,

The Devils (1971) by Ken Russell,

Persona (1966) by Ingmar Bergman,

La Jetée (1962) by Chris Marker,

2001, A Space Odyssey (1968) by Stanley Kubrick,

Aguirre, the Wrath of God (1972) by Werner Herzog (or Even Dwarfs Started Small, or Grizzly Man...),

Phase IV (1974) by Saul Bass,

La Carne (The Flesh) (1991) by Marco Ferreri,

Gag Factor (2000) by Jim Powers,

Je t'aime moi non plus (I Love You, I Don't) (1976) by Serge Gainsbourg,

We Own the Night (2007) by James Gray,

El Topo (1970) by Alejandro Jodorowsky,

L'Inferno (1911) by Francesco Bertolini, Adolfo Padovan & Guiseppe de Liguoro,

The American Astronaut (2001) by Cory McAbee,

The Straight Story (1999) by David Lynch,

Idi i smotri (Come and See) (1985) by Elem Klimov,

Edited by Plume & Akakak

I have a few movies that i could watch just about every day - the original Star Wars, Excalibur, Mad Max II, City of Lost Children, Little Shop of Horrors, Ghostbusters, and one or two others. I find it interesting that none of them could be considered 'good' movies. Movie buffs would sneer at them as being 'too commercial' and not 'artistic' enough. Bad movies? No idea where to start.

Best: Actually not Spaceballs. Secondhand Lions.

Second: Ghostbusters and Spaceballs tied for second.

Middle: The Harry Potter series in general. They were great books, but I feel like they really should have stayed as books.

Last: A movie called 30000 Leagues Under the Sea. It's a horrible adaptation of Verne's book. Some people might call it a "so bad that it's good" movie, but I thought that it was just bad. I swear, there was not technical adviser on that movie at all. Plus, the CGI was quite literally all at about 5 FPS (When I first saw the CGI, I thought that Netflix was bugging out. Then I realized that that's just how the frame rate was. I mean, you made an hour and a half movie and you didn't have time to let your computer render a few extra frames?! Come on).

Favorite Christmas Movie: Die Hard

Favorite: Interstellar. The nonstop action, the tear-jerking emotion, the chillingly dark future of space travel and the superb acting just makes this film utterly perfect in my eyes.

Middle: Pokemon: Heroes. A decent film with pretty good animation and voice acting, but the plot is boring at times and the conflict seems very forced. I probably only enjoy this movie as much as I do becausse it revolves around two of my favorite Pokemon.

Worst: Percy Jackson and the Lighting Thief. This is worst movie I can remember seeing in theaters, and I can remember the film ending and me being left totally unsatisfied. I'd say something like "Birdemic" or "Sharknado," but I haven't seen them for myself. :P

A movie called 30000 Leagues Under the Sea. It's a horrible adaptation of Verne's book. Some people might call it a "so bad that it's good" movie, but I thought that it was just bad.

While we're on the topic of movies that are so bad that they're good, has anyone here seen "Return of the Killer Tomatoes"? I haven't seen it in many years but I remember laughing pretty hard. Interestingly, it had George Clooney in it. B-movies must be his thing? He was in another space-themed B-movie recently.

Edited by PakledHostage
Fixed movie title - faulty memory...

While we're on the topic of movies that are so bad that they're good, has anyone here seen "Return of the Killer Tomatoes"? I haven't seen it in many years but I remember laughing pretty hard. Interestingly, it had George Clooney in it. B-movies must be his thing? He was in another space-themed B-movie recently.

Gravity? Tomorrowland?

Best : interstellar (but a bit to long)

middle movie :D? Who remembers their middle faviroute movie! Middle : every moive I've watched apart from interstellar and frozen.

worst : Frozen ( I have to agree with UnionPacific1983WP.)

Edited by CG_Kerbin

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.