FAR Fighter Challenge: BD Armory AI

Mean person

I didnt mean to be mean. It is just that craft actually is to unstable, that was the reason why it suffered in those fights. It might have actually been better if it was a hair more stable, I would try shifting some of the mass a bit forward of the CoL, or right at it. This would help with its stability and it may actually improve the overall performance. Because I think your craft may actually be one of the best in here, IF it were a bit more stable.

Oh, lol, never thought you'd apologize, it was a joke :D

Anyways, as soon as Wanderfound show's who won, I'll start workin on more manuverability, and subsonic stability, as those are still major problems with my fighters. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll be improving it win or loss though.

Oh, lol, never thought you'd apologize, it was a joke :D

Anyways, as soon as Wanderfound show's who won, I'll start workin on more manuverability, and subsonic stability, as those are still major problems with my fighters. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll be improving it win or loss though.

Things to improve stability:

* Increase the steer damping on the autopilot.

* Reduce low-pressure DD settings on the elevators.

* Shift the wings back a little.

* Remove the anhedral from the canards.

* Increase elevator AoA setting to (but not past) 100%.

Thing to improve stability and eliminate the constant minor stall problem:

* Remove the canards and crank up the elevator deflection to compensate.

It's a definite contender; just a bit of fine tuning and it'll fly beautifully at all speeds.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow that K-18 is about as stable as a 1 legged fatguy in a 6inch stiletto heel.

I am wondering how my F-119C/A does, and Wanderfound what are your system specs, what recording software are you using, and is it that low of a frame rate when you are recording?

Open Broadcaster System for recording, on a not-very-shiny old laptop (Dell Latitude E6320, Win7, 8GB RAM), and yes, the game crawls a bit while recording the fights. The videos are edited up in Videopad to 250% of the speed they were recorded at.

Anytime now, we will see the finale, I hope....:(

- - - Updated - - -

And I would LOVE to remove the canards, if they weren't my strongest source of AoA. Believe me, this is a nightmare without the canards. The leading edge flaps simply cannot do enough. And yeah, I'll probably tilt the canards so they are level.

I am wondering how my F-119C/A does

It handles fine in the high subsonic, but only pulls 3-4G once it goes supersonic.

I noticed that the Dynamic Deflection settings on your elevators are still at default; full power down low, reducing as the pressure climbs. If you reverse that (20% at 0kPa climbing to 100% at 40kPa) and raise the max elevator deflection a bit, it should be able to manage 10+ G while supersonic as well.

It handles fine in the high subsonic, but only pulls 3-4G once it goes supersonic.

I noticed that the Dynamic Deflection settings on your elevators are still at default; full power down low, reducing as the pressure climbs. If you reverse that (20% at 0kPa climbing to 100% at 40kPa) and raise the max elevator deflection a bit, it should be able to manage 10+ G while supersonic as well.

I dont have that Dynamic Deflection mod installed yet, haven't even messed with it. But I think it handles much like the real MiG-21.

I dont have that Dynamic Deflection mod installed yet, haven't even messed with it. But I think it handles much like the real MiG-21.

I'll re-run the fight with Dynamic Deflection set at 100% for all pressures for your ship, then; that should have it flying as you intended.

BTW, the autopilot doesn't retract flaps of its own volition; I've been manually raising them for the F-119 after takeoff. If you're just wanting them as airbrakes, better to set them as negative deflection spoilers.

- - - Updated - - -

Edited by Wanderfound

Very nice ship.

- - - Updated - - -

I will NOT be killed off this easily. You're MiK better sleep with eyes open, it will be killed. I think

Take the oversteer wobble out of its high-subsonic handling and you've got a serious contender. Maybe tweak the autopilot steer factor down a touch and the damping up a bit.

I'd rather increase stability and increase elavator deflection to 150%, because I want the autopilot to do whatever it wants.

Hold up, we have a new champ? Or is there going to be more rounds? Either way, the K-18 will come back, SoonTM

- - - Updated - - -

And I will be remembered removing the canards, This thing needs a little moar acceleration

Edited by SpaceplaneAddict

http://youtu.be/qKcM2UNj8Ms

Very nice ship.

- - - Updated - - -

Take the oversteer wobble out of its high-subsonic handling and you've got a serious contender. Maybe tweak the autopilot steer factor down a touch and the damping up a bit.

And just to think, that is the non-SSTO version.

I have been using that airframe for a year now as my primary "stock" parts fighter. I have yet to design something that works better.

Oh and does that mean the F-119C/A is the new champion?

As for reducing the counter measures. I would reduce it to 1 per engine on the craft. If you have 2 engines you can have 2 flare launchers and 2 chaff dispensers. 1 engine, 1 of each.

This way you are not gimping yourself with 1 engine designs any more than you already are.

I like this.

I like this.

I'm not really getting why we'd want to give twin-engine ships twice as many countermeasures as single-engine ships. The twin-jet crew already has the advantage of better acceleration; why do they need a further boost?

One chaff/flare per ship seems to be working well; a fast ship with room to turn can reliably avoid missiles, but they're deadly when the target is low and slow.