FAR Fighter Challenge: BD Armory AI

I'm not really getting why we'd want to give twin-engine ships twice as many countermeasures as single-engine ships. The twin-jet crew already has the advantage of better acceleration; why do they need a further boost?

One chaff/flare per ship seems to be working well; a fast ship with room to turn can reliably avoid missiles, but they're deadly when the target is low and slow.

I dont know I was thinking from the stand point of the heat plume from two engines vs one engine.

And that last fight was REAL short, that surprised me a lot.

The X-18 Deception. Your eyes will deceive you when you lay your gaze upon it. "Wha-wha, but that thing is too unstable!" you blurt. Ah-Ah-Ah! It will kill the F-119.

I hope.

Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B588M8xKv0QKVEwxM3NoX3hzdjA

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, was too lazy to say full name of F-119

The X-18 Deception. Your eyes will deceive you when you lay your gaze upon it. "Wha-wha, but that thing is too unstable!" you blurt. Ah-Ah-Ah! It will kill the F-119.

I just ran the X-18 vs the F-119 three times. Each time, the X-18 airframe cracked up while pulling out of a low-altitude dive. Up the wing strength and add a few strategically placed struts?

BTW, was too lazy to say full name of F-119

You can just call it the Akula or Shark.

Oh one request Wanderfound, can you put the number of air victories it has beside it in the first post, so we can have a "greatest of their generation".

If you're still accepting entries, I'd like to give it a shot. Here's a link to my K-3 'Skua':

EDIT: Well, this is embarrassing. For some reason, I had thought that the engines were supposed to be set to 50% like in the 5th gen challenge. I'm going to need to do a bit of tweaking before my poor Skua can handle itself with full thrust.

Edited by Doke

Did you mean you'd do it? 'Cause it's dead of night here. And I thought strength WAS at 2.

You'll need to fix it yourself; I don't want to get into tuning designs for folks.

It's as much in how it flies as how tough it is, though; check the F-119. Keeping the turns smooth (i.e. no surging, no wild rolling or yawing) would help a fair bit.

Spacetape works too, however. Just remember to bury your struts (use the offset tools) if you don't want them causing drag, and keep in mind that they aren't weightless.

You'll need to fix it yourself; I don't want to get into tuning designs for folks.

It's as much in how it flies as how tough it is, though; check the F-119. Keeping the turns smooth (i.e. no surging, no wild rolling or yawing) would help a fair bit.

Spacetape works too, however. Just remember to bury your struts (use the offset tools) if you don't want them causing drag, and keep in mind that they aren't weightless.

Funny thing is I was going to say the same about your craft and the F3C, those are great examples to follow for designs. They are smooth, fly great, and are amazingly agile aircraft.

OK, got it right this time. I've set the 'firing delay' or whatever it's called to 1, because I find the AI isn't always trigger happy enough for my taste. I can change it back to 12 if that's a problem.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wk9mwrwbdu3gxpo/K-3%20Skua%20%28dogfight%29.craft?dl=0

Altered firing delays are fine, BTW; shaving it down means that you'll fire your missiles in a rapid volley instead of widely-spaced shots. Can be good, can be bad; personal preference rules.

What a nailbiter! And a tragicomic ending. I agree that the D-6 is a cool-looking plane. It's also ridiculously agile.

OK, here's an updated craft file for the K-3 with only one each of chaff and flares (sorry about that) and, ahem, a bit more fuel.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g596gk07kk338uj/K-3%20Skua%20A%20%28dogfight%29.craft?dl=0