[Dead Mod][1.0.5] Saru Planet Pack v0.1

tygoo7

I was planning for Reko to have lighter color lowlands about 0.25-1 kilometer(s) lower than the darker highlands. But that might be too much like what I think Doris may be like. I have been thinking of giving Reko rings, since it can be the Rhea analogue and Rhea may have faint, dusty rings of its own. Other than those, not much else. At least, as of now.

3 hours ago, tygoo7 said:

Well, download is on the OP! Please let me know what you guys think or what bugs you find! This is still an early version so expect a few strange things. 

i checked it out straight away, and have a few issues to note out of the box.

First of all let me say i love the visuals, the planets look great, really nice work...now for the problems:

(ill edit in when i find more issues)

Ensol

• You have a LOT of negative altitude terrain on this world, id say over half the world is UNDER 0m altitude (have you even tried landing on it at all?)
  • There is a giant seam in PQS view going from north to south, I can only assume this is an issue with the heightmap itself.

Tel

• the atmosphere is pretty much non-exsistant, 0.01294atm...basically 1/100th of Kerbin's pressure. Given it has an ocean you'd expect at least some pressure on the world.
  • The scaledspace texture needs an alpha layer placed over the water areas of the planet, otherwise the entire planet appears shiny, even land (forgive this part if it was intentional)

suggestions & general

• Heightmaps should be inside a "PluginData" folder, otherwise they get loaded into the games memory.
  • On-Demand loading can seriously help the memory of this pack, as well as proper .dds conversions, to get your pack to use on-demand simply place all textures into PluginData folder(s) and add their file extension to the ScaledVersion node (.png, .dds)
  • additional mods for general terrain noise will help on planets with rather "flat" terrain, these can be added simply into the cfgs, and can add a lot of variety to these nice worlds

Reguarding your atmospheres do you have a copy of the atmosphere curve calculator i made? It creates custom pressure & temp curves based off stock (with a 0.001% error margin) if you need a copy please PM me

Edited by KillAshley

14 hours ago, KillAshley said:

i checked it out straight away, and have a few issues to note out of the box.

First of all let me say i love the visuals, the planets look great, really nice work...now for the problems:

(ill edit in when i find more issues)

Ensol

• You have a LOT of negative altitude terrain on this world, id say over half the world is UNDER 0m altitude (have you even tried landing on it at all?)
  • There is a giant seam in PQS view going from north to south, I can only assume this is an issue with the heightmap itself.

Tel

• the atmosphere is pretty much non-exsistant, 0.01294atm...basically 1/100th of Kerbin's pressure. Given it has an ocean you'd expect at least some pressure on the world.
  • The scaledspace texture needs an alpha layer placed over the water areas of the planet, otherwise the entire planet appears shiny, even land (forgive this part if it was intentional)

suggestions & general

• Heightmaps should be inside a "PluginData" folder, otherwise they get loaded into the games memory.
  • On-Demand loading can seriously help the memory of this pack, as well as proper .dds conversions, to get your pack to use on-demand simply place all textures into PluginData folder(s) and add their file extension to the ScaledVersion node (.png, .dds)
  • additional mods for general terrain noise will help on planets with rather "flat" terrain, these can be added simply into the cfgs, and can add a lot of variety to these nice worlds

Reguarding your atmospheres do you have a copy of the atmosphere curve calculator i made? It creates custom pressure & temp curves based off stock (with a 0.001% error margin) if you need a copy please PM me

Thanks you for the feedback! This is just what I was looking for! :) 

I did expect to have some issues with Ensol and Tel reported since those are the only bodies I was having problems with.

I did not know there was negative altitude terrain on Ensol, I've landed on it in some parts but I didn't really pay attention to the altimeter. Could this be caused by the heightmap? Speaking of heightmap how could the seam be fixed? Just cut out that part of the texture?

Yeah, the biggest problem I've had with Tel was the atmosphere. I will have to check out that atmosphere calculator, could you PM me that? 

I will have to check out the shininess on Tel's texture, didn't know you could make the land not shiny by placing an alpha layer over the water.

I'll change up some of the file placements to save memory like you said and I'll check out some of the terrain noise mods. 

12 hours ago, diqhed said:

when looking at saru it and its rings I've noticed its completely white and was not able to locate the moons, am i doing something wrong?

Do you have Kopernicus? Can you try on a stock install and send me your output_log?

On 8/12/2015, 7:04:07, tygoo7 said:

Thanks you for the feedback! This is just what I was looking for! :) 

I did expect to have some issues with Ensol and Tel reported since those are the only bodies I was having problems with.

I did not know there was negative altitude terrain on Ensol, I've landed on it in some parts but I didn't really pay attention to the altimeter. Could this be caused by the heightmap? Speaking of heightmap how could the seam be fixed? Just cut out that part of the texture?

Yeah, the biggest problem I've had with Tel was the atmosphere. I will have to check out that atmosphere calculator, could you PM me that? 

I will have to check out the shininess on Tel's texture, didn't know you could make the land not shiny by placing an alpha layer over the water.

I'll change up some of the file placements to save memory like you said and I'll check out some of the terrain noise mods. 

it could be caused by the heightmap, I notice you don't have an "offset = " value in the VertexHeightMap,  this can be used to offest the terrain generated by the map, try adjusting it to make sure all the planets line up correctly. The under 0 areas are the areas that appear completely flat in scaledspace, which is most of the body. Try landing yourself there and see for yourself. I'll PM my calculator to you.

On 12/12/2015, 12:17:08, 123nick said:

is this compatible with OPM, trans keptunian, and new horizons, all together?

No idea. I would guess it would but save a backup and try it.

59 minutes ago, Just-Dave said:

HI, Sorry for what might seen a basic question to some but if i add this and the Kopernicus to the game will it corrupt my career save?

Thanks

Well no promises, but save a backup and tell me if it works or not.

@tygoo7 Is there going to be a new update soon, or are you working on one? Kopernicus got updated a few days ago, but I BELIEVE that you can still use your old cfg files. I'm honestly not too sure, but I think KillAshley said that config files from 0.5.2 work in 0.6.

3 minutes ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

@tygoo7 Is there going to be a new update soon, or are you working on one? Kopernicus got updated a few days ago, but I BELIEVE that you can still use your old cfg files. I'm honestly not too sure, but I think KillAshley said that config files from 0.5.2 work in 0.6.

Working on it! I'm hoping to have some of the bugs that KillAshley pointed out fixed. :)

Just now, tygoo7 said:

Can you try with only Kopernicus and this pack installed?

but i have soooooo many mods........ maybe i just need to do... something, like, update, or maybe theres a limit to the number of planets one can have, because im running with trans-keptunian, opm, and new horizons, and when i checked i had 74 planets/moons/gas giants in my game.

2 hours ago, 123nick said:

but i have soooooo many mods........ maybe i just need to do... something, like, update, or maybe theres a limit to the number of planets one can have, because im running with trans-keptunian, opm, and new horizons, and when i checked i had 74 planets/moons/gas giants in my game.

Try removing JSI. There are a lot of nullrefs in there. 

Just now, tygoo7 said:

Try removing JSI. There are a lot of nullrefs in there. 

but... JSI is the raptor prop monitor mod, and i think a couple of mods have it as a dependency. theres also, how a IVA mod can effect planets, but then again, what else would? maybe ill just update it, maybe that might help, but ill do it sooner or later.

27 minutes ago, 123nick said:

but... JSI is the raptor prop monitor mod, and i think a couple of mods have it as a dependency. theres also, how a IVA mod can effect planets, but then again, what else would? maybe ill just update it, maybe that might help, but ill do it sooner or later.

I have no idea, all I know is that it's causing problems that might not even be planet related. 

Just now, tygoo7 said:

I have no idea, all I know is that it's causing problems that might not even be planet related. 

is there any pics of tel, mobe, and the other one i was having problems with? maybe im just not seeing them.