[Dead Mod][1.0.5] Saru Planet Pack v0.1

tygoo7

16 minutes ago, 123nick said:

is there any pics of tel, mobe, and the other one i was having problems with? maybe im just not seeing them.

There's some on the OP. I would still suggest trying on a stock install and see if the problem persists, other than that I can't help that much if you have a lot of mods. 

I've finally gotten KSP 1.0.5, so I was able to check out your mod. I have a few suggestions for your next update.

• Try to enlarge Tel. A 280 km radius is too tiny for a Titan analogue! Maybe something like a 400-500 km radius.
  • Give the moons some space. Their orbits are a little too close to each other (well, at least for the outer moons, not Mobe) and to Saru. Since Saru has a larger SOI than Jool and may or may not have more moons, the system should be more spread out.
  • Umm... I dunno. Bugfixes and whatever else you want to add.

I just landed a probe on Ensol, because...why not?

I noticed a little bug when I tried to land on the "blue things" : the bottom of the canyons are below 0 meters ! (causing the screen to turn dark)

And a little shot of the beautiful Saru as viewed from the surface of Ensol (Seriously that planet looks nice with the blueish shades).

enCxC9L.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, first off I have to say that everything about this mod is beautiful. Secondly, I am having a similar problem to 123nick and diqhed with the white rings, but the moons load in just fine. I have the latest version of kopernicus installed.

On 1/11/2016 at 10:46 PM, .50calBMg said:

Ok, first off I have to say that everything about this mod is beautiful. Secondly, I am having a similar problem to 123nick and diqhed with the white rings, but the moons load in just fine. I have the latest version of kopernicus installed.

I will have to check this out to see if I experience it too. I have yet to test the released version on the new kopernicus. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2016 at 5:46 AM, .50calBMg said:

On 12/1/2016 at 8:12 AM, tygoo7 said:

I will have to check this out to see if I experience it too. I have yet to test the released version on the new kopernicus. 

@.50calBMg I installed the mod yesterday and the rings were working fine, probably is an interaction problem with some of the other mods you have installed

@tygoo7 I really like Saru, one of the best Gas Giants on this forum!

do you plan to support the new LoadOnDemand feature implemented by Thomas in Kopernicus? that will help a lot with multiple planet pack installs :D

If you need help setting it up just pm me and I'll be happy to help :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, sorry for no news in a while. I got busy with school work and caught up in a game that starts with F and ends in allout. Next update will include some revamps of the planets. They will still look somewhat the same but I just felt like giving them a minor revamp. I will be streaming some time Saturday too. (I know most of this is word for word of what I posted in my other thread, I'm lazy lol.)

On 1/24/2016 at 10:35 AM, VASMIR said:

How did you sync up land and sea?  When I do it for my pack, the ocean always covers most of the wanted land.

Height Offset I believe.

On 1/21/2016 at 10:41 AM, Sigma88 said:

I really like Saru, one of the best Gas Giants on this forum!

do you plan to support the new LoadOnDemand feature implemented by Thomas in Kopernicus? that will help a lot with multiple planet pack installs :D

If you need help setting it up just pm me and I'll be happy to help :)

Thanks! I'll have to look into that!

After some research on Wookieepedia, I found out that a character named Rango Tel shares the same name as your Titan analogue. If you are going to add easter eggs in the future, how about something that references Rango Tel and/or his homeworld, Sernpidal?

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, RocketSquid said:

Can you please replace the download link?

Also, what would this do to an ongoing save?

I'm trying, still waiting for the confirmation email. I imagine it wouldn't do much but do make a backup just in case.

EDIT: It's on SpaceDock now.

Edited by tygoo7

So I have a problem...
On initial inspection, the box appeared to contain the planets I ordered, but on use Saru manifested itself as a white sphere with no moons and only a single, white ring. I would like to return the planet to Magrathea for inspection and repair.

In all seriousness, I have a 64-bit game using the 64-bit community workaround. Does that make Kopernicus, or this mod specifically, act buggy? If not, can I still get support?

Okay so update will come with time but as of right now, I am working on round 2 for the Kopernicus Contest. I'm starting to get better at this planet making stuff so the new revamped planets should look and work way better than the current ones.

On 2/29/2016 at 0:59 PM, RocketSquid said:

How much will this affect performance? I'm rather short on ram, with my 100+ mods...

I don't think it should affect it much, but I can't be so sure because you have, well, 100+ mods. :P 

On 3/7/2016 at 11:09 PM, Laythe Dweller said:

Could you add a small moon 1/3 the size of Gilly that is located in the rings?

Perhaps...

45 minutes ago, RocketSquid said:

So I have a problem...
On initial inspection, the box appeared to contain the planets I ordered, but on use Saru manifested itself as a white sphere with no moons and only a single, white ring. I would like to return the planet to Magrathea for inspection and repair.

In all seriousness, I have a 64-bit game using the 64-bit community workaround. Does that make Kopernicus, or this mod specifically, act buggy? If not, can I still get support?

I have no idea honestly. All I can say is try it on 32-bit and see if the problem persists. 

• 3 weeks later...

I can't find Ensol or Tel.

Installed mods:

[ModuleManager] compiling list of loaded mods...
Mod DLLs found:
    Assembly-CSharp v1.0.0.0                         SHA256 829c16b4b2e32ca7fa832c32b45f06cd661207973bf26c0f8adcdffa1636602c
    ModuleManager.2.6.20 v2.6.20.0                   SHA256 5c4aa337f0001bf79eeb2ddfd70bf4eaaed541e32fcf8f53ebc91977481b751d
    CustomAsteroids v1.2.0.0                         SHA256 99986cd454acfc092535dd2ca97ac20e6227597edbfac98b2188a7ef26ff42ed
    HyperEdit v1.4.2.0 / v1.4.2                      SHA256 520a4833275d12022255c442150c71ba03b98462bd44e3ca774817b381fa3416
    Kopernicus.Components v1.0.0.0                   SHA256 f58a3876ea2907edb83322123b12ee8aeb7e6e263ea192a28b2e85d24c2fb8f4
    Kopernicus.OnDemand v1.0.0.0                     SHA256 dba54a01a8690910e0180bab434e1fae4223087f80ea1ad9521452f8637f5c5e
    Kopernicus v1.0.0.0                              SHA256 07e52073e92a65f44342509a63fa083211cacf34166e8f0dff8a0a043055622d
    RemoteTech v1.6.0.0 / v1.6.9                     SHA256 6cacfd69b891275f47c404a1ce67b13c49f8d301c9cb40d2f49a92172d005ce1
    KSPSteamCtrlr v0.0.1.26                          SHA256 8876e843f666921615bac364f6ba8d32718a64a78c9a4f7b1308463e13731206
    Steamworks.NET v8.0.0.0 / v8.0.0                 SHA256 9fefaa0fbce586618025c268667ad65b3cdc2285ceda479af38cca0e5fc27160
Non-DLL mods added (:FOR[xxx]):
Mods by directory (sub directories of GameData):
  HarderSolarSystem-1x
  KSP-AVC
  Kerbaltek
  OPM
  SaruPack
  Squad

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ewm8t0a344nt6oh/Player.log.tar.xz?dl=0

Screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0gpsptf8s03u2rm/screenshot3.png?dl=0

I will try again with HarderSolarSystem and OPM removed.

EDIT: I removed all mods one by one, until only ModuleManager, Kopernicus and SaruPack remained. Still no Ensol or Tel.

I will now wipe out the entire KSP directory and re-download with Steam.

I forgot to mention, I play on 64bit Linux (no 64bit hack required because that is supported). I hope that does not matter?

EDIT: never mind, seems like Steam downloaded the 1.1 Prerelease, and according to CKAN, Kopernicus is not compatible with KSP 1.1. So no planet packs for me.

EDIT: I wiped KSP again, set Steam to download KSP 1.0.5, installed Saru with CKAN, which pulled in Module Manager and Kopernicus as dependencies.

Result: still no Ensol or Tel.

EDIT: I can find these errors in the log for Hypo and Mobe, nothing similar about Ensol or Tel:

AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'Injector' from assembly 'Kopernicus'

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

[OD] Adding for body Hypo map named Hypo_color (RGB) for Hypo of path = SaruPack/Hypo/Hypo_color.png

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

[OD] Adding for body Hypo map named Hypo_height (G) for Hypo of path = SaruPack/Hypo/Hypo_height.png

[OD] Adding for body Mobe map named Mobe_color (RGB) for Mobe of path = SaruPack/Mobe/Mobe_color.png

[OD] Adding for body Mobe map named Mobe_height (G) for Mobe of path = SaruPack/Mobe/Mobe_height.png

The SpaceNavigator driver is a Windows-Only feature at the moment.

Agent: Found 18 agent mentality types

AgentList: 27 agents parsed and loaded.

Cannot find preset 'Default' for pqs 'Mobe'

Cannot find preset 'Default' for pqs 'Hypo'

EDIT: I installed HyperEdit, and it also cannot find Ensol or Tel. They are simply not in the game at all!

Edited by Amedee

@Amedee could you upload somewhere the kopernicus.logEnsol.body.log and Tel.body.log files you can find in the folder KSP/Logs

that may help pinpoint the issue, and also the output.log which I have no idea where it can be found (on linux)

Edited by Sigma88

It's impossible for a planet or a moon to be a cube because of gravity, nothing in space is a cube.

But this is the Kerbal Universe so who cares.

Edited by Maximus97
Cleaned up a little.