"Plan Kappa" - A KSP graphic novel (Jeb is back in Chapter 53! Well, kinda.)

Parkaboy

17 minutes ago, RocketSquid said:

Are the companies in the cabal publicly traded?

Probably, but who would have the money to buy a majority in one of them? Don't forget that the KSC funds are now also controlled by the cabal...

28 minutes ago, Parkaboy said:

Probably, but who would have the money to buy a majority in one of them? Don't forget that the KSC funds are now also controlled by the cabal...

Why, all those kerbals who otherwise would have tickets off of kerbin. Or alternately, us forum readers. Between all of our S.A.V.E.s, that could be billions of funds.

Well, Chapter 34 is here, and makes the point moot, I'm afraid. Brace yourselves!

5L4Isrn.jpg

T95HSuI.jpg

SqdJj3F.jpg

Jv8bHzd.jpg

hGbokTj.jpg

FhNcEzg.jpg

IaZmyWd.jpg

Spoiler

J9uwZ6R.jpg

x9mJpm0.jpg

I still can't believe I managed to hit the Tracking Station at 600m/s on the first try!

Edited by Parkaboy
edit: added missing page. It makes sense now!

3 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

oO ... well, that's me being speechless. Drama! Sacrifice! Stun guns! This chapter has everything. No further comment at this time, as I don't want to spoil anyone who hasn't clicked the spoiler yet. 

Oops...

[Edits own comment]

2 hours ago, Parkaboy said:

Well, Chapter 34 is here, and makes the point moot, I'm afraid. Brace yourselves!

Oh wow. That was... drastic.

Does a rebuild come with your standard 30 day cool down like upgrades do?

Oh, and does that also mean you have to eyeball everything from now on (no patched conics and maneuver nodes)?

Edited by FyunchClick
oooh more questions

Crap, I just noticed there's a page missing! Frappin' Imgur seems to have skipped one. I'll edit the post!

Edit: fixed the post, now it has all the pages! Please read again, it actually makes sense now.

Edited by Parkaboy

38 minutes ago, FyunchClick said:

Oh wow. That was... drastic.

Does a rebuild come with your standard 30 day cool down like upgrades do?

Oh, and does that also mean you have to eyeball everything from now on (no patched conics and maneuver nodes)?

27 minutes ago, nosirrbro said:

That was quite drastic, very much, although couldn't gene have just blown up the admin building, then the other majority shareholders would take over and they would still have the tracking station?

24 minutes ago, GDJ said:

Whatever the "Rebels" had planned, KSC had to be blind to what they were going to do. That's why Gene kamakazi'd the tracking station.

The chapter makes more sense now that I added the missing page, with Gene's reasons and everything. I'm going to go hit my head on the wall now.

Let's see: without properly functioning craft positioning and long-range communications it's up to the experienced crews to navigate the spaceships. And two most experienced pilots (and most of the crew with any experience) around Kerbin... are on the side of the original plan.
And nobody will be able to give any stupid orders to the crafts on other planets.

Didn't expect Gene to do something like this, but when the entire planet goes down, such sacrifices in the name of saving as many as possible may be justified. The question is how much will they be able to make out of this.

And those corporations... When the ship goes down, the rats are the first ones to... chew holes in their own lifeboat.

2 hours ago, DMSP said:

I really thought he might have taken that thing to orbit.

Me too. Definitely expected to use the SSTO to get the rest of the loyal crew  off the planet. Maybe they have another one in reserve somewhere

Edited by Alchemist

Okay, make KSC blind, deaf and dumb, Val get the console prefix codes and the "rebels" do something in Duna.
KSC gets stripped of any orbiting equipment and cannot interfere.

Drastic, but logical.

ps. Nice flying Parkaboy. :)

Edited by GDJ

6 minutes ago, Alchemist said:

Me too. Definitely expected to use the SSTO to get the rest of the loyal crew  off the planet. Maybe they have another one in reserve somewhere

Unfortunately that particular ship was designed to be a Laythe SSTO, not a Kerbin SSTO. I haven't actually tried to reach LKO with it, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't have enough delta-v, although a more skilled pilot than me might get it pretty close to orbit. But when I tested it on Laythe (using hyperedit), however, I found it really hard to land in one piece, since it doesn't have enough lift to land softly and at a slow speed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.