"Plan Kappa" - A KSP graphic novel (Jeb is back in Chapter 53! Well, kinda.)

Parkaboy

40 minutes ago, Parkaboy said:

The chapter makes more sense now that I added the missing page, with Gene's reasons and everything. I'm going to go hit my head on the wall now.

Nice. That extra page builds the moment much beter. Loving the voice over commentary in the last panel btw, and that single crew roster shot with status at the end to hammer it home.

Edited by FyunchClick
spelling

43 minutes ago, Parkaboy said:

But when I tested it on Laythe (using hyperedit), however, I found it really hard to land in one piece, since it doesn't have enough lift to land softly and at a slow speed.

A couple notes from my work on this craft:

• Such unaredynamic tail makes it really problematic to keep nose up (this drag give too much torque) and thus generate proper lift at low speeds. (BTW, I've made a test of my craft with a tailcone and it could takeoff at only about 80-90 m/s instead of 120-125 m/s without it)
  • I've also had something strange with the connection between the BigS wings and Mk3 hull parts. It just refused to survive any touchdown with the gear on the wings (and it still will completely disintegrate if you slightly hit a wing), even if it's pretty sturdy with other wheel placement options.
  • Well, with my piloting skill (or lack of it), there's a bonus feature to handle touchdowns without runway (although, I still haven't programmed this feature to work like that)...

Edited by Alchemist

O.O

Da-amn......

1 hour ago, FyunchClick said:

Oh wow. That was... drastic.

Does a rebuild come with your standard 30 day cool down like upgrades do?

Oh, and does that also mean you have to eyeball everything from now on (no patched conics and maneuver nodes)?

He does have MechJeb though, remember the Jebsats at Minmus, or was that Kerbfleet?....

Definitely this. And I still think Operation Boosterstorm was the better alternative.

Spoiler

Operation Boosterstorm relies on the fact that the VAB is pretty much a giant fireworks depot. Shave off some insulation, move a wire a couple meters closer to an SRB... And the new owners get a BIG surprise.

1 minute ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

DIBS ON GENE'S SHARE! With that, i would have 4% of the Plan Whatever Space Program!

You are a Vulture. The body is barely even started to cool down.......

;) (joking, of course)

1 hour ago, Alchemist said:

A couple notes from my work on this craft:

Mk3 planes and SSTOs are really harder to design than smaller ones, aren't they? I still haven't managed to make one that doesn't look very ugly...

1 hour ago, smjjames said:

O.O

Da-amn......

He does have MechJeb though, remember the Jebsats at Minmus, or was that Kerbfleet?....

I'm counting on mechjeb to survive without the tracking station...

52 minutes ago, RocketSquid said:

Definitely this. And I still think Operation Boosterstorm was the better alternative.

Sure, but what would they gain from the VAB destruction? They could delay the reconstruction of the gravioli machine, but no one but Jeb would have the guts for something so drastic, and by now surely Johnsen has increased security...

Just now, Dman979 said:

I don't think that wills work that way...

No, but this means that there's an available share...  Oh wait...  This means that the antikappas now have a higher percentage of the KSC if Gene's share goes away...

6 minutes ago, CliftonM said:

No, but this means that there's an available share...  Oh wait...  This means that the antikappas now have a higher percentage of the KSC if Gene's share goes away...

Well, they would have to read Gene's will, and he gets/got to decide where it goes to. That's a legal principle, and is why we can have legal organ donation programs, and cremation, etc. But that's not really my specialty. GIVE ME A TRIAL!

Um.....if there was a will, then Gene's shares would go to his nearest living relative (i.e. wife, kid, grandkid, brother, etc) and if nobody is around, then the shares would go to his estate to pay off any unpaid debts at the time of death. If there were no outstanding debts and nobody claim the shares, THEN they would be up for tender and/or sale.

Keep your panties on folks. ;)

12 hours ago, GDJ said:

Um.....if there was a will, then Gene's shares would go to his nearest living relative (i.e. wife, kid, grandkid, brother, etc) and if nobody is around, then the shares would go to his estate to pay off any unpaid debts at the time of death. If there were no outstanding debts and nobody claim the shares, THEN they would be up for tender and/or sale.

Keep your panties on folks. ;)

Oops.  Sorry, they fell off.

Edited by Guest

33 minutes ago, Sanic said:

I'm 2fast4stockregulations.

Gimmie gimmie!

No.

You
Must 
Wait
Your
Turn.

2 hours ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

EDIT: Totally called the island airstrip action :)

Yep. Truth. You did. :)

1 hour ago, CliftonM said:

Oops.  Sorry, they fell off.

Um.....you really didn't need to tell us.....it's okay to keep some secrets....trust me on this one. :P

Edited by GDJ

People, everything you're saying about wills and inheritance is based on the law of the country in which you live. It may or may not apply in another country/region/planet/universe. As far as we know, in Parkaboy's universe, inheritance could well go to the first one who says "Dibs".

Might be worth bearing in mind.

Edited by Deddly

Or Gene's last transmission might be interpreted as making Val his heir

9 hours ago, Parkaboy said:

Mk3 planes and SSTOs are really harder to design than smaller ones, aren't they? I still haven't managed to make one that doesn't look very ugly...

Or doesn't fly like a brick...

1 hour ago, Musil said:

Awesome. Read it entirely on one sitting. Subscribing! 

Great story and art, by the way. I am thinking of doing something of the sort, but doubt that I have your skills and patience. 

Thanks, and hope you stick around! If you do try to make your own KSP comic, drop us a link! 

7 hours ago, Parkaboy said:

Oh, I've managed to build a few SSTOs that look good and flew really well, except they never :( reached :( orbit ;.; ...

They weren't quite SSTO's then... just SSTF9s :)

I'm still waiting to build a SSTGOTR

Spoiler

(Single Stage That Gets Off The Runway)

Edited by Torgo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.