"Plan Kappa" - A KSP graphic novel (Jeb is back in Chapter 53! Well, kinda.)

Parkaboy

11 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

There's a lot of text in this one. Sure you can't wait until you get to somewhere you can see images?

Sadly it'll be a while (couple days), my computer is getting de-viruses at the moment so it'll be a few days.

CHAPTER 32: The Cabal

The Kerbin World-Firsts Record-Keeping Society CEO (KWFRKS): Gentlekerbs, you know very well what's at stake here.  We formed this little cabal with one single goal: assuring the survival of the kerbal species.  We can no longer rely on those idealistic fools in charge of the space program!  You are the owners, CEOs and main shareholders of the companies that supported their naive endeavor so far, bu surely by now you can see that this "Plan Kappa" of theirs is doomed to fail!

New page:

KWFRKS: Even among their own roster there are those who have come to the same conclusion, which is how World-Firsts acquired out first double-agent!  This agent (Katice Kerman -MRS) was able to recruit her colleagues at the Dicey Space Station, where the scientist Stelrine proposed a much more viable alternative to Plan Kappa.  Stelrine suggested that we could escape the destruction of out planet by traveling to an alternate universe, one where Kerbin was intact.  She says her experiment was a success, and she managed to transport Jebidah Kerman to another reality.  However, Bill Kerman somehow destroyed Dicey Station, as well as the transporter machine.  Our allies survived the explosion and evacuated to Farside Base, an outpost used by astronauts in training, and currently vacant.

New page:

Goliath CEO: I still can't believe World-Firsts managed to place a spy in the astronaut corps!
Rockomax CEO: That's because you lack imagination!  But I guess that's to be expected from someone who makes nothing but nosecones!
Goliath: Hey!  We don't just make nosecones!  We make all kinds of cones!
KWFRKS: Using spies has always been our mode of operation!  It often takes an insider to verify if a record was truly broken!  But the time has come to step out of the shadows and operate openly!  And by that, I mean all of us!  Our agents are safe for now on Farside, but it won't be long until Gene Kerman sends a ship for them.  We must not let him ruin our plans!
Kerbodyne CEO: And if we want Stelrine to rebuild the transporter machine, we have to find a way to send her parts and workers!
Experimental CEO: B-but... the only way we could do it would be if--
KWFRKS: If we seized control of the space program!

New page:

Rockomax: Can that be done legally?  I though the Kerbal Space Center was a privately held company?
Steadler CEO: There are many other ways to seize control of an asset... if you have to proper ordnance...
Experimental: B-but... that would be very risky!
KWFRKS: Fortunately there's no need to resort to such ugly methods!  You see, in order to provide capital for Plan Kappa, I hear Mortimer Kerman plans to publically sell  KSC stock!  By pooling our resources, I'm sure we can buy the majority of shares... And then...    ...our survival will be assured!

New page:

Jeb's thoughts: Uh... so, where was I?  I think I lost track of the narrative for a moment.  Yeah, well... I though I'd die when I rammed Dicey Station, but then I woke up in KSC grounds.  Of course, I don't need to tell you that part, you were there.
Jeb: Ugh... I had this really weird dream...  Wait... I'm aliveAwesomeArtie... Did you have anything to do with this miracle?  Wait-nevermind, I forgot you're broken.
Monolith: I am in perfectly good order, Jebidah,
Jeb: Woah!  Cool, you're alive too!  I mean, not really alive, but-y'know... Hey, what happened?

New page:

Monolith: You were transported to a parallel universe.  In conjunction with that world's monolith, I brought you back.
Jeb: Yeah... I thing I remember some bits and pieces...
Monolith: There is a particular bit of information I feel obliged to remind you of, Jebidah.  You must warn your colleagues: the corruption that endangers this existence will be transmitter, like a disease, if you attempt to escape this universe.
Jeb: So hoppinf dimensions isn't an option, uh?  Okay, I'll pass the word along!  Thanks for saving my "S", Artie!
Monolith: I was in your debt.  When you once kicked me, demanding I provide you with proof of my powers, I got a little... carried away.
Jeb: You sent my to Minmus!

New page:

Monoilth: I was annoyed.  I did not care for your safety.  My protocols forbid me to cause harm to a kerbal, so I was shut off.
Jeb: Hey, it worked!  No harm done, right?  There's no need to feel guilty!
Monolith: I should not feel guilty.  I never felt before.  Not even when I took extreme measures to protect your kind. (Pictures of crashed saucer, dead Kraken)  And now I fell regret, for there is another warning I must give.
Jeb: Is that the countdown?  That's old news, Artie!  We know we have a little less than one year before the end of Kerbin.
monolith: I fear that this in no longer, Jebidah.  Stelrine's gravioli machine has weakened spacetime even further.  You have now only 90 days.
Jeb: ...  [Censored]!

14 hours ago, Parkaboy said:

Well, we're now back to our normal schedule... or are we?

Oh glorious :).  But 90 days probably isn't enough time for the Cabal to acquire a majority interest in KSC and then implement its alternative plan.  I doubt Mort would toss a majority of shares out in the IPO.

1 hour ago, Geschosskopf said:

Oh glorious :).  But 90 days probably isn't enough time for the Cabal to acquire a majority interest in KSC and then implement its alternative plan.  I doubt Mort would toss a majority of shares out in the IPO.

49% to them :cool:

Well, let's not wait any longer for the follow up! Here's chapter 33!

dz4xFHG.jpg

MiQgWx7.jpg

PqYx8lM.jpg

rcXzJC9.jpg

kYgSSwJ.jpg

TUUmuzk.jpg

HwAroQX.jpg

rNUnXdG.jpg

Please bear in mind that I'm no economist! If there's anything in kerbal economics that isn't 100% accurate, blame the kerbals! Anyway, I love how the discussion in the topic made me improve this chapter. Hope you all enjoy!

5 minutes ago, Parkaboy said:

Well, let's not wait any longer for the follow up! Here's chapter 3

Please bear in mind that I'm no economist! If there's anything in kerbal economics that isn't 100% accurate, blame the kerbals! Anyway, I love how the discussion in the topic made me improve this chapter. Hope you all enjoy!

OMG!!!  Now THAT was a hostile takeover!!!  Too funny!!!  

And I love how they look like little sith lords.... :0.0:

8 minutes ago, Parkaboy said:

I was waiting for 11 people would show up claiming to each have a 10% stake. Now that would be Kerbal economics! Fun direction, many factions--you might need to start up your own canon page to keep it straight. Enjoying! :D 

You know, I didn't really pay attention to the math... all I had to do is see the guys from Jeb's at the front door all dressed in black and red and I started laughing.... When they're wearing black, ya know that ain't gonna be good!!!  

dun  dun dunnnnnnnnnnnn  

4 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

you might need to start up your own canon page to keep it straight. Enjoying! :D 

Oh, I think things will be a lot easier to keep straight in about 90 in-story days...

2 minutes ago, kookoo_gr said:

very nice chapter, made my day. One question though, how do capture the images from the videos squads puts on youtube?

I use a Firefox plugin to save the videos from youTube, then capture screenshots with the VLC player.

i loved the twists.  Jeb is not only a BadS in the cockpit, he's a BadS in the board room, too.

Unfortunate about Gene's mistreatment of the ground crew.  Maybe they'll change their minds once Johnsen takes over for a while.

Happy landings!

15 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

Unfortunate about Gene's mistreatment of the ground crew.  Maybe they'll change their minds once Johnsen takes over for a while.

Yeah, as if they were going to have a good time under a sith lord...