"Plan Kappa" - A KSP graphic novel (Jeb is back in Chapter 53! Well, kinda.)

Parkaboy

21 minutes ago, smjjames said:

Love the hippie-esque personality of Olivia (also fairy tattoo on her, well, somewhere). Also, does she have different hair? Looks like it.

Yes, she has a unique head texture, like a few other characters (you already met the gray-haired Dr. Adner).

2 minutes ago, smjjames said:

Also, a thought occurred to me, shouldn't Jeb and Bill be worried about people eavesdropping on their conversations? Whether accidentially or intentionally. 

Unless the concept of espionage is alien to them. 

I don't think they're worried, since Johnsen and the Cabal aren't at all interested in Plan Kappa and its bases and ships.

2 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

Great chapter Parkaboy!

That Gravioli Generator is very scary (and cool-looking).

I'm loving Fabien's story, and Olivia is great fun, as well.

Thanks!

Happy landings!

Shouldn't it at least be concerned landings?

Maybe Jeb could strap some SRBs and a central LFB to his jetpack? And he could replace the jet engines with Sparks and Oscar-Bs.

He could escape into orbit, hijack a random time traveler's capsule (maybe donate his jetpack for them to get back), and EVA push it all the way to Minmus orbit. Then his capsule could be attached onto the top of the Yonder. 

Winning!

Edited by Sanic
MOAR insanity!

Poor Fabien. But if it wasn't for the last panel, I'd say he got used to the internal dialogue.

The new gravioli generator seems to affect not only the Kerbin SOI but also the rest of the system. Who's going to stop those mad scientists?

8 minutes ago, Chemp said:

Poor Fabien. But if it wasn't for the last panel, I'd say he got used to the internal dialogue.

The new gravioli generator seems to affect not only the Kerbin SOI but also the rest of the system. Who's going to stop those mad scientists?

US!! I propose a kerbstarter campaign: "If we can raise 2 million funds in the next 50 days, we will save Kerbin." Stretch goal: "If we raise 3 million funds, we can also make a movie about it."

If you back more than 500 funds, you get a certificate. If you back more than 1,000, you get a T-Shirt. If you back more than 5,000, you get your name written on a rocket. If you back more than 10,000, you get to name a rocket. If you back more than 500,000, you get your very own positive gravioli generator.

9 minutes ago, RocketSquid said:

US!! I propose a kerbstarter campaign: "If we can raise 2 million funds in the next 50 days, we will save Kerbin." Stretch goal: "If we raise 3 million funds, we can also make a movie about it."

If you back more than 500 funds, you get a certificate. If you back more than 1,000, you get a T-Shirt. If you back more than 5,000, you get your name written on a rocket. If you back more than 10,000, you get to name a rocket. If you back more than 500,000, you get your very own positive gravioli generator.

If only Mort had thought of that, before he sold the KSC shares... But then again, the technological development in Plan Kappa S.A.V.E. isn't that advanced. They just invented e-mail to send messages between ships, and never heard of social networks or crowdfunding. Maybe a telethon?

7 minutes ago, Parkaboy said:

If only Mort had thought of that, before he sold the KSC shares... But then again, the technological development in Plan Kappa S.A.V.E. isn't that advanced. They just invented e-mail to send messages between ships, and never heard of social networks or crowdfunding. Maybe a telethon?

Or that, yes. I was partially thinking that forum users could actually "back" the campaign by using the debug menu to take funds from their S.A.V.E.'s and donate it by posting the amount, possibly with a screenshot.

Edited by RocketSquid

35 minutes ago, RocketSquid said:

Or that, yes. I was partially thinking that forum users could actually "back" the campaign by using the debug menu to take funds from their S.A.V.E.'s and donate it by posting the amount, possibly with a screenshot.

While I appreciate the sentiment, it's better to just let the story develop as planned. I think the readers will feel cheated if a comic that was advertised as about the end of the world doesn't have the world ending in it. To be honest, I can't wait to blow up Kerbin. I'll have a lot less moving pieces to worry about, and not only the story, but also my game, will run smoothlier.

Of course, the story doesn't end with the end of the world. That's just the begin. I have ideas for at least 5 or 6 volumes of Plan Kappa.

1 hour ago, Parkaboy said:

I have ideas for at least 5 or 6 volumes of Plan Kappa.

That deserves a replike just by itself! :D

I can't wait to blow up Kerbin

I'm looking forward to the "Big Bang" then. Let's see how many of the Kabal will survive this desaster.

1 hour ago, Chemp said:

That deserves a replike just by itself! :D

I'm looking forward to the "Big Bang" then. Let's see how many of the Kabal will survive this desaster.

Maybe none. They could have some problems getting into space, since more people are needed to make a rocket than can actually ride it, so they might have some problems getting the ground crews to cooperate.

48 minutes ago, DMSP said:

By any chance, what happened to Zonkers and its crew?

They're fine, sleeping away all their worries in their long hibernation. I think there's a course correction planned for 50 days or so, but they're still at less than half of the way to Jool by now.

They're fine, sleeping away all their worries in their long hibernation. I think there's a course correction planned for 50 days or so, but they're still at less than half of the way to Jool by now.

Ahhh, I had a hunch they were going there.

Hey, folks! Just want to give you a heads up. I was planning on releasing another chapter this weekend, but I was pretty overworked this week and need a break from the computer. I'll have some free time on monday, but I won't make promises. This next chapter will take a lot of work, and I may need more time.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.