What are you doing until 1.1?

Kyrt Malthorn

I started a stock career 1 week ago. No mods except Kerbal Engineer for TWR and dV readings. -snip-

You should also get Precise Node as the maneuver node system is a bit too simplified at times. You'd be surprised by the amount of awesome gravity assists you can pull with them; like placing yourself on a polar orbit using the Mun.

Oh and get Trajectories.

You should also get Precise Node as the maneuver node system is a bit too simplified at times. You'd be surprised by the amount of awesome gravity assists you can pull with them; like placing yourself on a polar orbit using the Mun.

Oh and get Trajectories.

I know these. But I don't expect them to work for a while in 1.1. Especially "Precise Node" as they redo the patched conics and orbital displays. Same for Trajectories - whichs latest version wasn't very accurate anyway. So I try to do everything in stock. But if Kerbal Engineer won't work, then I'll probably have to wait anyway. I'm just too lazy to calculate TWR and dV myself.

Wrapping up projects I still have active - in particular Duna Mission. It will be impossible to finish once the antennarange features are activated.

I'm tempted to develop a vehicle and start Elcano challenge in submersible mode - equatorial through bottoms of the oceans.

I'm still stuck with developing the return vehicle from my "Purple Submarine" mission. I mean I can reach orbit, I can get the kerbal on board but I can't get the SCIENCE on board!

What am I doing in KSP until 1.1? As little as possible! For now I'm done with this piece of faecal matter.

I quit KSP about two weeks ago as it has too many bugs and is just too unstable to play with even with only a moderate amount of mods. I'm not even flying ships, just building things in the VAB/SPH is apparently enough to cause fatal crashes. No warning at all, just a single mouse click or key press too many and POOF! desktop.

I`m wondering if you have an NVidia graphics card. I`m starting to suspect something going on with the drivers for NVidia, KSP (specifically the VAB) and Unity...

Well I'm sorry to hear that. But I think it's more of an issue with your pc ? I'm on an average laptop and everything works as it should.

What are your specs?

I have a HORRIBLE laptop and that is not a problem

I'm woodworking until it comes out. I can't get Linux to boot right with this RAID setup for some reason. I've tried and I just can't enjoy going back to the limits of 32-bit in the game.

I have been feeling the bug though and decided I'm going to try a Kerbal pyrography piece. I'm just trying to find the right image that will work in monochrome and be within my ability.

I'm spending the time with a few other early-access games I have: Planet Explorers, Subnautica, and most recently, The Long Dark. But I'm definitely looking forward to 1.1, and check here daily to see if it's out yet.

Rover wheels have given me tons of headaches over the years, so I'm eager to see the new wheel system. And single-threaded physics were practically a crime in a game like KSP (and totally not Squad's fault).

- - - Updated - - -

Playing Factorio. When 1.1 comes out I'll probably play more Factorio, or something else. Once 1.1 has been updated to 1.14 or 1.15, i will then download it and check it out.

Never heard of it...but you got me downloading the demo so I hope they appreciate you. :)

I'm playing the Dark Multiplayer mod with a friend. Career mode is not doing it for me, so I'm hoping 1.1 improves it a bit. Until then, we're putting together a Minmus ISRU operation jointly. I'm designing the fuel truck and landing crane, and my friend is designing the prospecting satellite, mining rig, and fuel taxi.

I'll probably design the orbital fuel depot and refueling tanker.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice starships :)

In desperation while waiting for 1.1 I read the forum several times every day both on steam but also here on the official ksp forum. I want to play but no reason to play since I want to create a new career when the 1.1 become avaliable.

Mostly doing college work and working out. Maybe hop on and do a few contracts in career. I'll see what happens, but the physics improvements in 1.1 (from what I've heard) are going to improve part count and rover wheels. I just hope that the physics change doesn't cause TOO many problems for mod makers.

I'm still playing 0.25 -- I have a particular set of mods that are particularly stable including EVE and Astronomer's pack and even with all the stuff in it, it consumes less RAM overall than a similarly configured 1.04 version. Really, between 0.25 and 1.04, there really isn't that much that is revolutionary enough to make me switch and whatever was added in KSP 1.04 was already covered by mods previously. Really, I'm waiting for Squad to finally come out with a version I'm willing to invest redoing all my save games and starting over without going through the mod reinstall routine again.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought Europa Universalis 4 when it was on sale last weekend, or maybe the weekend before, and have been playing that when I have the time. I am also waiting for the next Dwarf Fortress update, and hope that 1.1 and the new DF update do not happen at the same time.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.