[0.25] Lionhead Aerospace Inc. - Icarus v0.4 updated

Yogui87

5 hours ago, bjornadri said:

@Tokamak how's everything coming along?

Well, my project to "refurbish" a bunch of old parts, including the Lionhead parts, has led me down a rabbithole of learning Unity, and Blender. XD The good news is that means I can just edit the models and cut off the non-working old wheels from these probes, and put in spots to mount stock wheels. If a few people are interested, I can bump that up my priority list.

Just now, Tokamak said:

Well, my project to "refurbish" a bunch of old parts, including the Lionhead parts, has led me down a rabbithole of learning Unity, and Blender. XD The good news is that means I can just edit the models and cut off the non-working old wheels from these probes, and put in spots to mount stock wheels. If a few people are interested, I can bump that up my priority list.

if you could revamp the probes from this mod completely, now that would be amazing and i would crown you the kindest modder in history. because i had a chat with the dev on search and rescue, and god lord he was a cockgobbler. keep up the good work man! really supporting you on this!

2 minutes ago, bjornadri said:

if you could revamp the probes from this mod completely, now that would be amazing and i would crown you the kindest modder in history. because i had a chat with the dev on search and rescue, and god lord he was a cockgobbler. keep up the good work man! really supporting you on this!

On search and rescue? I don't follow.

Well, I hope I can do well enough for that praise, then. :) I've got one more learning project that I'm tackling, and then I'll start seeing what I can do with the probes. 

2 minutes ago, Tokamak said:

On search and rescue? I don't follow.

Well, I hope I can do well enough for that praise, then. :) I've got one more learning project that I'm tackling, and then I'll start seeing what I can do with the probes. 

I just wanna say, feel free to send me a link if there is a beta available. keep it up m8!

Edited by bjornadri

• 2 months later...

Here is alittle update to the LH probe pack https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72893034/LH LandersProbes/LH_LandersProbes_v1.42.zip

for testing  will try and change the old LH fairing to stock or at less try and fix them some more

changed all textures to DDS  and changed some MODULE to the ksp 1.2 MODULE added tags,bulkheadProfiles

all credit to @Yogui87

88x31.png

Edited by Mecripp2
Updated download link

thanks cripp i had done this myself. I usually use a pimped version of the hermes for my initial surveys of bodies. so recon scan lo res altimetery scan anomaly scan.

with a fuel tank and engine etc all welded so its just one part. 

the circular solar panels i believe were done first with this mod. would be nice to upgrade those to use the fs texture switch so you could go from the black to the blue textures. i would even look at the chop shop  ssp mk2 solar panel textures with that matte black they use. 

8 minutes ago, COL.R.Neville said:

thanks cripp i had done this myself. I usually use a pimped version of the hermes for my initial surveys of bodies. so recon scan lo res altimetery scan anomaly scan.

the circular solar panels i believe were done first with this mod. would be nice to upgrade those to use the fs texture switch so you could go from the black to the blue textures. i would even look at the chop shop  ssp mk2 solar panel textures with that matte black they use. 

O man didn't even think about use a texture switcher for that hehe will give it a try

8 hours ago, COL.R.Neville said:

Do you know how to write fs texture switch ?

k lil complicated at first. hehe

so with the blue texture folder rename the two tga files that are in there from (may want to see if you can convert these to DDS and see if they work.)

RENAME the Circular Folders to get rid of the space between Circular and Panel so right now they are Circular Panel, Circular Panel 2 ->CircularPanel, CircularPanel2

RENAME the blue texture folder file CircularPanel000 to CircularPanel010 then copy the renamed CircularPanel010 to the CircularPanel folder.

RENAME CircularPanel2000 to CircularPanel2010 then copy the renamed CircularPanel2010 to the CircularPanel2 Folder

so this one below is for the CircularPanel Folder. you do the same for the CircularPanel2 Folder and for the texturenames instead of 010 it would be 2010,2000 and the mapnames would both be 2001.

MODULE
    {
        name = FStextureSwitch2
        textureNames = Lionhead_Aerospace_Inc/CircularPanel/CircularPanel010;Lionhead_Aerospace_Inc/CircularPanel/CircularPanel000
        objectNames =
        textureDisplayNames = Blue;Black;
        mapNames = Lionhead_Aerospace_Inc/CircularPanel/CircularPanel001;Lionhead_Aerospace_Inc/CircularPanel/CircularPanel001
        useFuelSwitchModule = false
        nextButtonText = Next Texture
        prevButtonText = Previous Texture
        moduleID = 1
    }

lemme know if you have a problem and I can do them both and pm you with all the files. 

Small update to the LH CircularPanel mod  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72893034/LH LandersProbes/LH_CircularPanel_v5.0.zip

changed ( category = Electrical , maxTemp , added bulkheadProfiles , thermalMassModifier , emissiveConstant , heatConductivity , tags )

and added FStextureSwitch2 so if you have the Firespitter plugin installed you can change the textures from black to blue thanks too COL.R.Neville

for that   all credit to @Yogui87

for models and textures 88x31.png

5 hours ago, MeCripp said:

Small update to the LH CircularPanel mod  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72893034/LH LandersProbes/LH_CircularPanel_v5.0.zip

changed ( category = Electrical , maxTemp , added bulkheadProfiles , thermalMassModifier , emissiveConstant , heatConductivity , tags )

and added FStextureSwitch2 so if you have the Firespitter plugin installed you can change the textures from black to blue thanks too COL.R.Neville

for that   all credit to @Yogui87

for models and textures 88x31.png

by the way, I'm sure they still work, but if you check the stock solar panels, "sunTracking" is now "isTracking" and "raycastTransformName" is something like "secondaryTransform". I'd also be tempted to delete the powercurve, as I don't think it's needed and things have probably changed.

Glad to see you guys got the texture switching figured out.:)

To be safe, you could put a :NEEDS[Firespitter] on that MODULE node, to keep it from throwing an error if people don't have it installed.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
@PART[ThorSampleCollector]:NEEDS[Lionhead_Aerospace_Inc]
{
	@node_stack_pod = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0, -1, 0, 0
}

@PART[ThorLIDAR]:NEEDS[Lionhead_Aerospace_Inc]
{
	@node_stack_pod = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0, -0.008, 0, 0
}

@PART[ThorHeatshield]:NEEDS[Lionhead_Aerospace_Inc]
{
	@category = Thermal
}

@PART[ThorCapsule]:NEEDS[Lionhead_Aerospace_Inc]
{
	@category = Aero
}

@PART[DSL_Pod]:NEEDS[Lionhead_Aerospace_Inc]
{
	@module = Part
}

@PART[DSL_Wheel]:NEEDS[Lionhead_Aerospace_Inc]
{
	@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.75, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2

!MODULE[MuMechModuleHullCameraZoom] {}
	!MODULE[HullCamera] {}
	!RESOURCE[Resolution] {}

}

@PART[DSL_*]:NEEDS[Lionhead_Aerospace_Inc]
{
	@rescaleFactor = 0.5
	@mass *= 0.5
}

Some basic fixes. As for the wheels, we are probably screwed. As far as I can tell you need to add new transforms and animations before we can get the code going again

On 3/3/2017 at 11:16 AM, redmonddkgamer said:

DEAAAAD MOD!

I have most of it working in 1.2.2 what makes it dead ? or can you not read a couple post above yours ?

On 3/3/2017 at 4:55 PM, redmonddkgamer said:

You're very welcome!

Have A Nice Day

Edited by Mecripp2

9 hours ago, MeCripp said:

I have most of it working in 1.2.2 what makes it dead ? or can you not read a couple post above yours ?

Have A Nice Day

Sorry, I saw the ESA patch stuff already. I was talking about the Pandora stuff, and as far as I can see, that one is certainly dead thanks to the wheel system it used basically having been borked by 1.2.X's new wheels system.

• 2 weeks later...

Fixed some more attachment nodes on the Ariane 4

@PART[Ariane4Decoupler1]:NEEDS[Lionhead_Aerospace_Inc]
{
	node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.48, 0.0, 0, -1, 0, 2
}

@PART[Ariane4Decoupler2]:NEEDS[Lionhead_Aerospace_Inc]
{
	node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.384, 0.0, 0, -1, 0, 2
}

@PART[Ariane4Fairing]:NEEDS[Lionhead_Aerospace_Inc]
{
	node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0, -1, 0, 2
}

@PART[Ariane4NoseCone|Ariane4NoseCone2]:NEEDS[Lionhead_Aerospace_Inc]
{
	node_stack_bottom = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0, -1, 0, 2
	node_attach = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0, -1, 0, 1
}

@PART[Ariane4Stage2]:NEEDS[Lionhead_Aerospace_Inc]
{
	node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -4.053, 0.0, 0, -1, 0, 2
}

@PART[Ariane4Stage3]:NEEDS[Lionhead_Aerospace_Inc]
{
	node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -5.164, 0.0, 0, -1, 0, 2
}

@PART[Ariane4Sylda]:NEEDS[Lionhead_Aerospace_Inc]
{
	node_stack_bottom = 0.0, 3.2, 0.0, 0, -1, 0, 2
}

The patch list is growing, not sure if they end up in the next release? should I create a patched release?

16 hours ago, MacLuky said:

Fixed some more attachment nodes on the Ariane 4

@PART[Ariane4Decoupler1]:NEEDS[Lionhead_Aerospace_Inc]
{
	node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.48, 0.0, 0, -1, 0, 2
}

@PART[Ariane4Decoupler2]:NEEDS[Lionhead_Aerospace_Inc]
{
	node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.384, 0.0, 0, -1, 0, 2
}

@PART[Ariane4Fairing]:NEEDS[Lionhead_Aerospace_Inc]
{
	node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0, -1, 0, 2
}

@PART[Ariane4NoseCone|Ariane4NoseCone2]:NEEDS[Lionhead_Aerospace_Inc]
{
	node_stack_bottom = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0, -1, 0, 2
	node_attach = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0, -1, 0, 1
}

@PART[Ariane4Stage2]:NEEDS[Lionhead_Aerospace_Inc]
{
	node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -4.053, 0.0, 0, -1, 0, 2
}

@PART[Ariane4Stage3]:NEEDS[Lionhead_Aerospace_Inc]
{
	node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -5.164, 0.0, 0, -1, 0, 2
}

@PART[Ariane4Sylda]:NEEDS[Lionhead_Aerospace_Inc]
{
	node_stack_bottom = 0.0, 3.2, 0.0, 0, -1, 0, 2
}

The patch list is growing, not sure if they end up in the next release? should I create a patched release?

Yes that might be best if @Yogui87

has dropped out of KSP such great work needs to go on

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.