[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

5 minutes ago, minepagan said:

Just curious, why are there 2 different RL10(Inon) engines? The only difference seems to be that one has higher thrust and efficency, but you unlock it first....

Well, there are three but I want one for burn in a car fire. What ones are you talking about?

2 minutes ago, skyhawkmlt said:

ah oh cool :D what about decoupling the whole lander from the fairing, do I need to make it sit on a docking node?

Uhh, I gotta talk to my coder about that. Right now when you decouple the fairing, it separates the lander and apollo from the fairing, and opens the petals. It should only open them and separate the Apollo. @Jso what happens right now is, the LEM separates along with the Apollo, making the LEM get knocked around inside the fairing while the Apollo tries to dock with it.

2 minutes ago, minepagan said:

The 'normal' one and the black one (not the one with the nozzle extension)

The 'black one' was the first RL-10 version. It was releagated to a low-thrust early-game version by the 'normal' RL10. I frankly disagree with @CobaltWolf - I think that the old RL-10 should be kept as an early-game cryogenic second stage engine (at least in some form; maybe a re-model, but I want a black-coloured RL-10 to distinguish between early- and mid-game RL10s)

23 minutes ago, minepagan said:

The 'normal' one and the black one (not the one with the nozzle extension)

17 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

The 'black one' was the first RL-10 version. It was releagated to a low-thrust early-game version by the 'normal' RL10. I frankly disagree with @CobaltWolf - I think that the old RL-10 should be kept as an early-game cryogenic second stage engine (at least in some form; maybe a re-model, but I want a black-coloured RL-10 to distinguish between early- and mid-game RL10s)

I just want to delete it. It's an old model, very innacurate (it has features from a friggin' gas generator engine) and I just hate everything about the old Centaur parts and will do everything in my power to make it so they stop appearing in every screenshot people post here. :P

59 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Uhh, I gotta talk to my coder about that. Right now when you decouple the fairing, it separates the lander and apollo from the fairing, and opens the petals. It should only open them and separate the Apollo. @Jso what happens right now is, the LEM separates along with the Apollo, making the LEM get knocked around inside the fairing while the Apollo tries to dock with it.

I noticed that last night was well. I'm curious if setting the LEM decoupler to 0 force ejection would keep it from banging around when the CSM decouples.

On 9/25/2016 at 3:41 PM, Abrecan said:

Funny you should ask, because I used your cameras on my Eve prove, and they work perfectly :cool:

85QtvaZ.png

Two things. One, the Hullcam is not working for me. Two, the LEM descent stage decoupler drains fuel from ascent stage.

Just now, Daelkyr said:

I noticed that last night was well. I'm curious if setting the LEM decoupler to 0 force ejection would keep it from banging around when the CSM decouples.

No, the issue is that it's floating around loose. Normally it would just be Apollo + S-IVB/LEM moving around. Currently it's Apollo + LEM + S-IVB, meaning the LEM floats between the two while you work and bangs around. Moreover, that behavior will be even more undesirable once you're trying to fit mission modules from ETS in there, which are even smaller / less stable.

1 hour ago, davidy12 said:

Two things. One, the Hullcam is not working for me. Two, the LEM descent stage decoupler drains fuel from ascent stage

I can only account for my install of course :P it is a 1.1.3 install BTW, not the 1.2pre. Disable the crossfeed on the decoupler

5 hours ago, Araym said:

- Physics of parts:

• the S-IC/S-II interstage has 2 issues, for me (still in 1.1.3, but I could consider that very similar in 1.2): FIRST, is labelled as an "omnidecoupler = true", and it's weird to see the solids mounted on it to be jettisoned all around when detached by the S-II. SECOND, its own collider is probably a bit larger, as mounting the separation solids in the VAB they seems to float in the air (not a big problem, moving them with the position tweaks, but a bit weird)
  • No retrorockets in the S-IC engine/fins mount??? I was looking to it, seing your previous images when you worked the "hole", first, and then the "cover" for them LOL

1. So thats why my S-II ullage motors kept exploding when the interstage was jettisoned? I just thought it was because I have to clip them into the visual model because of the collider being slightly too big.

2. There are S-IC retrorockets in the parts list, I just attached them in 2x4way symmetry over the "covers" and it looked ok enough.

3 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I am not experiencing this. I just managed to get the Sarnus to orbit and on a TMI... upon opening the SLA, the CSM was detatched and the MEM stayed put inside the SLA... then I had to right click the SLA and decouple the payload... and then I was shot away from the SLA... for what reason I dont know... probably a slight collider issue.