[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

14 minutes ago, MrMeeb said:

I can do that! :D Can you PM me some craft files for them or something? I don't wanna try myself and get it wrong :c

Thanks ! It's quite simple ! for the Gemini cargo just change the pod and then put the normal Gemini sm, and for the agena just put the cargo bay after the docking-port :P But as Cobalt said, it's still needs some textures adjustments (but if you want you still cand do it !)

Edited by DiscoSlelge

Just now, DiscoSlelge said:

Thanks ! It's quite simple ! for the Gemini cargo just change the pod and then put the normal Gemini csm, and for the agena just put the cargo bay after the docking-port :P But as Cobalt said, it's still needs some textures adjustments (but if you want you still cand do it !)

I'll give it a shot, and check with you guys if it's right, but I'll take them again when the textures have been done too :) 

EDIT: (Yes it's up here above the images) To give something of a status update, my current biggest concern is finishing the Saturn C-1 parts. Now that the H-1 is mostly done, I need to add the last couple parts (such as a 2.5m fairing base, possibly the 3.125m fairing base instead of including that in Barbarian), finish the textures, poop out some normal maps, and finish the new RL-10. After that I'll try and finish the MOS + Gemini parts. Probe stuff, though progress was made, is a relatively low priority so that stuff won't come out for a while yet still. There isn't half finished probe stuff in the mod right now in the same way there's half finished Saturn and MOS stuff. @Jso I'm not 100% sure what your projects are for this update but I believe we are also going to try and balance the science stuff. I haven't decided if I want to try and include the Centaur revamp in this update. 

1 hour ago, akron said:

Sure, there's also that other project which I've slacked on... but I do have to write ScienceDefs for the rest of my new experiments so I can add a few entries for BDB as well.

Oh yeah, finishing that would be cool too. 

28 minutes ago, MrMeeb said:

I can do that! :D Can you PM me some craft files for them or something? I don't wanna try myself and get it wrong :c

I'm not comfortable calling them done yet - there might be some more parts that get wiggled in there. The Cargo Agena, for example, might require solar panels or something. I wasn't particularly happy with the appearance of the agena cargo module so I might remake it. More Cygnus-y maybe, since all the vehicles for MOS took inspiration from ISS resupply vehicles in some way.

Also, @Foxxonius Augustus, when he designed the Cargo Gemini variant for me (he drew it and I made it), left a provision for it to be upgraded from the Gemini docking system (with the simple mechanical docking to something like a 0.9375m APAS, or possibly the Apollo docking module (which I believe will be 0.625m in BDB - that thing is tiny!). I would LOVE to see what the Cargo Gemini and Cargo Agena would look like with those parts on. I am not sure which mod has a good APAS in that scale, but someone could probably use FASA's Apollo docking parts for the second option. As for their assembly, I went back and grabbed two old albums. The first one is newer, and I'd defer to that one for how to assemble the OVs. Basically the assembly for the normal / mk1 versions with the Gemini docking parts, you have either the Augustus CM or the Agena cargo module, then the flat-ish 0.9375m>0.625m adapter, then the Leo Docking Mechanism, then use the Belle nose cone with the hidden node to cover it up smooth as silk.

Edited by CobaltWolf

46 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I'm not comfortable calling them done yet

Sure, no problem. I'll lurk around and wait :) 

0.9375m APAS

Contares has one at 0.625, and Tantares and Cx Aerospace (my fav, because of the extendable buffer and tasteful greeble) have one at 0.9375 :) 

Huh, the photos of the Tantares and Cx ones aren't showing n the album. If you go to the album on Imgur, they're there though Fixed!

possibly the Apollo docking module

It has a red nose! :D 

Edited by MrMeeb

@MrMeeb interesting, thanks! I was wondering what they would look like. I suppose that the one I'd actually 'support' would be the BDB Apollo docking mechanism, once that's in. That still fits under the nose cone if you tweak its position. I wonder if you could justify including the reentry RCS - there wouldn't be space for the tunnel through the center of it.

Considering it was meant to give the architecture some down-mass capability, how do parachutes fit in? There's no space available vertically when using the Gemini docking mechanism, so they'd have to be radial ones on the front/top face of the adapter or something.

1 minute ago, CobaltWolf said:

@MrMeeb interesting, thanks! I was wondering what they would look like. I suppose that the one I'd actually 'support' would be the BDB Apollo docking mechanism, once that's in. That still fits under the nose cone if you tweak its position. I wonder if you could justify including the reentry RCS - there wouldn't be space for the tunnel through the center of it.

Considering it was meant to give the architecture some down-mass capability, how do parachutes fit in? There's no space available vertically when using the Gemini docking mechanism, so they'd have to be radial ones on the front/top face of the adapter or something.

I only used that reentry RCS part to see what the part would look like extended away a bit. For the reason you said, I don't think actual RCS systems could fit with a tunnel. For parachutes, maybe a version of that adapter with them built in could be something to consider? 

Also, I forgot to mention...is the offset on the Leo-M-2TT thruster meant to be there? Top one is aligned with gizmos, bottom is just placed:

I0vzgPw.png

6 minutes ago, MrMeeb said:

Also, I forgot to mention...is the offset on the Leo-M-2TT thruster meant to be there? Top one is aligned with gizmos, bottom is just placed:

Yup! The lateral translation thruster is aligned with the CoM, while the reverse thruster doesn't have to because it's balanced. That's how the real Gemini RCS was set up. :) 

EDIT: Forgot to respond to your other question. I could possibly make an adapter with the parachutes, but it would probably be easier to just let the player attach radial ones as needed.

Edited by CobaltWolf

16 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I currently have no plans to do IVAs. They are time consuming and I'd rather devote time to more significant things.

All of my hopes and dreams of Doing an All-IVA historical playthrough... It hurts... ;.;

3 minutes ago, Andem said:

All of my hopes and dreams of Doing an All-IVA historical playthrough... It hurts... ;.;

@CobaltWolf has said, he'll do IVAs WHEN someone steps up to do them. I offered $100 JUST for the LEM/CSM/Skylab and he still said no. :(

EDIT: @CobaltWolf: You took the words out of my mouth

Edited by davidy12

10 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

@CobaltWolf has said, he'll do IVAs WHEN someone steps up to do them. I offered $100 JUST for the LEM/CSM/Skylab and he still said no. :(

EDIT: @CobaltWolf: You took the words out of my mouth

I'd have to see cash money in my Paypal and then I'd do it :P Send it and they will be done promptly after the exteriors.

21 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I'd have to see cash money in my Paypal and then I'd do it :P Send it and they will be done promptly after the exteriors.

If so, DEAL. :D

When you get to the finished CSM and Saturn V. Then I'll send it in :wink:

@CobaltWolfOR at best at the end of next month. 

Edited by davidy12

2 minutes ago, FlyMeToTheMinmus said:

well, see you next year then 

It likely won't interfere with BDB time too too much actually. Usually I only boot up other games from like 9 to midnight, and unless I'm streaming I usually don't get much done after 9 anyways. Seeing as I'm doing freelance work for the next couple nights anyways...

Ayyyye!!!!!!!111!!1! More Progress on X-20. I present my first remodel of it and it's new windows. I was drawn between whether or not to have curved windows, and I think I'll stick with the straight windows for now, but who knows. I'd like some opinions about my X-20 project and some comments on the windows. I have to go to Chicago this weekend, so I wont be doing any extra modeling till after Monday-Tuesday.  Next objective, a start model for the wings!

yuFBZUQ.png