[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.14.0 "металл" 30/Sep/2024)

CobaltWolf

10 minutes ago, akron said:

I would suggest that all S****n-related parts get packaged in one pack. That is a smooth split that allows some to just get the big rocket parts if that's all they want. Another suggestion if you choose to split the pack is to pull all capsules/utility/science/probe stuff into one pack like @Beale does. Then all your engines, tanks, fairings and supporting parts will be your "Launch Vehicle pack."

^this, I would instantly download BDB if I'd just get the LV's. And if there was a way to delete certain rockets I don't want it would be even better.

Edited by lrd.Helmet

14 hours ago, sp1989 said:

I agree. Look at Beale's mods. They are incredibly large and difficult to manage without the ability to search in the VAB. Still with al of his parts he has split them up into lauchers and parts. Maybe thats the direction you should go. More importantly lets get 1.1 out then we can organize it. :wink:

I agree. Anyone who cares enough to want a 1.1 update is already invested in the mod and willing to put up with it.

16 hours ago, davidy12 said:

Wait until you finish the pack. :wink: 

Lol.

15 hours ago, passinglurker said:

My two cents on packaging is this. If they are the sort who care about particular vehicles then they would be enthusiastic enough about it to trim down to the parts they want manually and probably wouldn't lose sleep over odd sizes if they are to scale.

The sort of people who would be turned off by a large historical vehicle pack would be the ones just looking to plug gaps in the stock game balance. So instead of a handful of mini vehicle centric packs that are meant to be mixed and matched like legos what would be needed is two independant packs a full historical pack for the history nuts and a stock-a-lite pack for those who just want what stock can't already give them(like 1.875m parts).

Good point. Would I be able to delegate this somehow? :P

1 hour ago, akron said:

I would suggest that all S****n-related parts get packaged in one pack. That is a smooth split that allows some to just get the big rocket parts if that's all they want. Another suggestion if you choose to split the pack is to pull all capsules/utility/science/probe stuff into one pack like @Beale does. Then all your engines, tanks, fairings and supporting parts will be your "Launch Vehicle pack."

1 hour ago, lrd.Helmet said:

^this, I would instantly download BDB if I'd just get the LV's. And if there was a way to delete certain rockets I don't want it would be even better.

You can already delete all the non-LV folders, and if you only want certain LVs, you can delete the folders for the other ones.

I love this mod.

But the use of proprietary tank widths are getting to me a bit.

(seriously, most of the rockets are proprietary widths. As far as I can tell, the community has agreed on 625 mm, 125 cm, 187.5 cm, 250 cm, 375 cm, and mainly multiples of 125 cm. you have 150 cm, 937 mm, and a whole bunch of different tank sizes I can't recall of the top of my head.)

Another alternative: put tabs in the advanced mode for the proprietary tank sizes/rocket systems.that may be more confusing, but as these are basically a couple of separate kits anyway, some would appreciate it.

Edited by Rory Yammomoto
Changed the wording to sound less like a dick

10 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

I love this mod.

But would it kill you to not use proprietary tank widths?

(seriously, most of the rockets are proprietary widths. As far as I can tell, the community has agreed on 625 mm, 125 cm, 187.5 cm, 250 cm, 375 cm, and mainly multiples of 125 cm. you have 150 cm, 937 mm, and a whole bunch of different tank sizes I can't recall of the top of my head.)

Another alternative: put tabs in the advanced mode for the proprietary tank sizes/rocket systems.that may be more confusing, but as these are basically a couple of separate kits anyway, some would appreciate it.

Actually 0.9375m isn't proprietary, it's halfway in-between 1.25 and 0.625, and it fits perfectly for me. 1.5m is necessary because for 2/3 scale rockets 1.875m is too big and 1.25 is too small, so another in-between.

11 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

I love this mod.

That seemed kind of rude, no? I feel like maybe it would kill us to use proprietary diameters. There's plenty of adapters. I don't know what else to tell you. Good luck. 

14 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

I love this mod.

This pack kerbalizes various historical rockets and spacecraft some of which simply don't fit in the "divisables of 0.625m" pattern. Believe me they've tried odd sizes are only used as a last resort.

Cobalt organizes the pack by vehicle so you can easily delete the sets you don't want manually. Its honestly not that much to ask compared to maintaining multiple downloads for everyone else's tastes which would be a much bigger burden on cobalt.

You have arrived in the middle of a discussion as to how to make the pack more approachable with the least additional book keeping on cobalts end you should consider participating after a quick backread.

Edited by passinglurker

21 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

I love this mod.

As long as they're are adapters I'm fine with varying sizes. Variety is precisely why all of us have decided to mod our games. Honestly I have never heard a complaint before about have too many different tank sizes lol. Anyway if you don't like the tank sizes. Download tweakscale and make the tanks whatever size you want.

Edited by sp1989

Just now, lrd.Helmet said:

OH! I thought I read somewhere that there were shared textures and stuff. never mind then :)

Well, there is a 'SHARED' folder. But apart from that, you can delete every folder without it affecting other ones.

On 20/04/2016 at 4:02 AM, CobaltWolf said:

On that note, @DiscoSlelge would you like the current version of the manual linked in the OP? I don't know if you'd like to wait for the next 'stable' version or not.

Why not, solid launchers still needs some descriptions but we can wait for that :P

43 minutes ago, passinglurker said:

This pack kerbalizes various historical rockets and spacecraft some of which simply don't fit in the "divisables of 0.625m" pattern. Believe me they've tried odd sizes are only used as a last resort.

Cobalt organizes the pack by vehicle so you can easily delete the sets you don't want manually. Its honestly not that much to ask compared to maintaining multiple downloads for everyone else's tastes which would be a much bigger burden on cobalt.

You have arrived in the middle of a discussion as to how to make the pack more approachable with the least additional book keeping on cobalts end you should consider participating after a quick backread.

Wait, He does? (I never checked...)

I'm sorry if I offended you, but I truly love the mod. It is INCREDIBLY useful to have not-laggy versions of real launch systems (BLORGH,FASA,COUGH,HACK,WHEEZE)

But, could there be some method of categorisation in the VAB? it is incredibly difficult to find all of the parts to build a rocket. I mean, there's Fenris, Inon, Prometheus, Edon, Alouette, and more, all mashed in between the different parts windows. maybe different manufacturers for the different systems? maybe classification for the tank sizes? I don't know. 

I vaguely remember (and I could be wrong) @CobaltWolf at some point saying that a a separate custom category/tab for the mod was going to happen. Is this still somewhere in the plan, eventually? That should help categorize/find parts. This plus the 1.1 search bar will help finding BDB parts a lot easier

EDIT: A custom KSPedia entry with the BDB manual would be golden too

Edited by akron

50 minutes ago, DiscoSlelge said:

Thanks to @CobaltWolf (<3), added a description for solid launchers, and a Viklun name explication in the appendix B.

Awesome, I added a link to OP.

Hey everyone, I didn't have work today so I'm going to start streaming now. Got a lot of stuff to test and finish up so let's do it.

hi,
quick question: I manually installed the mod and I am experiencing some weird behaviour: I cannot use the experimentsx on any of the science parts... When I right-click them in the VAB it does not show any experiements.

But I can use the experiments that some of the probecores have built in.

Is this a known issue? Is it possible that I screwed up when I was extracting the files? I simply put the folders "Bluedog_DB" and "DMagicSienceAnimate" into the Gamedata-folder.

24 minutes ago, bertibott said:

hi,
quick question: I manually installed the mod and I am experiencing some weird behaviour: I cannot use the experimentsx on any of the science parts... When I right-click them in the VAB it does not show any experiements.

But I can use the experiments that some of the probecores have built in.

Is this a known issue? Is it possible that I screwed up when I was extracting the files? I simply put the folders "Bluedog_DB" and "DMagicSienceAnimate" into the Gamedata-folder.

You're running 1.1, no? Included is a version of DMagicScienceAnimate which I don't think is quite updated for 1.1.

5 hours ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

I love this mod.

All of them are divisions of the stock sizes except for the 1.5m tanks. If you want to change those, scale them down in the config. simple.

I've been playing in 1.1 (instead of doing mod work) and so far it has been working ok. I started using RealPlume but not TweakScale so I can't attest to that. Yay!

Edited by akron

hello. I've probably used up my good standing here, but I have a minor bug pertaining to the Muo Launcher.

When I use the Muo engine skirt, then decouple it, it appears to be caught on the main rocket body. there is no part clipping here, and trying to use the provided 'Retrotrons' to pull it off just slows down the rocket.