[1.3.x] CONTARES 1.8.9 closed

hraban

Glad to see all these new modders in the community.  I know your all busy, but most of these packs are complicated enough it really would be good to get craft files.  If you can Mod these, then the time it would take for a few craft files shouldn't be to much.

17 hours ago, ArkaelDren said:

Glad to see all these new modders in the community.  I know your all busy, but most of these packs are complicated enough it really would be good to get craft files.  If you can Mod these, then the time it would take for a few craft files shouldn't be to much.

Hello,

the production of craft-files makes sense only if all the recommended and required Mods are intalled.
With the next update there will be some craft-files as well as an illustrated manual, but under the above mentioned conditions.

Sometimes, the search function helps to identify corresponding parts.

Revision and construction of new radial decoupler, especially for H2A and H2B.

40wOISd.png

vxRhMlZ.pngRGVO7eb.png

There is a nice plugin which allows the animation of parts of a decoupler but still it is not possible to move attached parts.

Thus the H2A/B Booster-decoupler becomes a decorative part without animation.

Edited by hraban

6 minutes ago, TheAceOfHearts said:

Is there any way we could get the textures in dds format instead of png? None of the mods I have which use png are showing textures. I realize this might be difficult or tedious, does anyone know a way to fix this?

Thanks!

There is no compelling need to use dds. In your place I would check the settings and drivers of the graphics card and start KSP in the optimal graphic mode of the graphics card.

Edited by hraban

@VenomousRequiem

The conversion of the Contares textures from PNG to DDS format bring a higher space requirement on the hard disk slows down the loading time and brings only insignificant speed increase in the game (Load or change Scenes). The space requirement in the RAM increases with the conversion to DDS even slightly. So where is the advantage?

By the way, fine contours are blurred during conversion and the DDS texture usually looks washed out!

Edited by hraban

3 hours ago, Well said:

I am not a big fan of colors pastels for the capsule, but all the rest seems to me fantastic

1 hour ago, trooperMNG said:

yeah me too, that pastel yellow-ish doesn't seem to fit so well. Apart from that, super excited for the part revamp

Just do not panic because of the color. Also, the CTV capsule is equipped with a texture changer. The user can choose between the following colors:

- Aramid tile surface (in the example)
- White tiles
- medium gray tiles
- dark gray / black tiles
- copper tiles

hR5dOoY.png

Edited by hraban

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.