How many KSP Players are there?

DiamondExcavater

A rough estimation using Steam stats would give about 1M to 1.5M copies sold on Steam. I'd say up to 2.5M copies max. adding the direct KSP website purchases.

No idea how many people still play it though. Surprisingly enough, it has averaged a pretty constant 4k players since 2013, except for end-2014-beginning-2015 (Beta release) and May 2015 (1.0). That would suggest it has more active players than predicted, but less total copies sold.

I'm no statistician, so don't rely on these numbers for anything serious. :wink:

Greater than 0, less than 7.3 billion.

Aliens may have tapped into out networks and are using KSP to understand our current levels of technology and spaceflight capabilities. So I'd say the 7.3 billion is a tentative max.

Interesting side note though: The alien's liability insurance has prevented them from invading and conquering us. They have determined the high probability of any captured assets performing a rapid unplanned disassembly of both the captured and capturing assets to not be a justifiable cost.

There is a steam statistic that Shows you how many Players are playing KSP currently and played it per month.

Google for steam statistic or something. I would do it myself but Steampowered.com is blocked at my Job :(

That would give you an idea at least for those who dont play it off-steam.

Edit:

Here it is! https://steamdb.info/app/220200/graphs/

Looks like when 1.0 came out we had 19.000 Players simultaneously at one time.

Dont know what you can make of it :)

Edited by MalfunctionM1Ke

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.