[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

@code99 and ola: Are you guys tested 337 on clean installs? Meaning no other mods in? Dunno what else to think. Maybe you had the toolbar mod, for example, and you had removed Jebs side panel, then just copied the settings over and gimped the thing, or maybe an outdated MM mod? (both toolbar and MM have updated versions for 0.25).

Try a clean one, if you havnt already i mean, cos if its working on my game something goes in your installation methinks.

Edited by Thourion

@code99 and ola: Are you guys tested 337 on clean installs? Meaning no other mods in?

I'm using DR, FAR, FinePrint, KJR, StageRecovery and RealChute. I'll clean up and try again. Also, I'm using MM 2.5.1, FYI.

edit:

-rw-r--r-- 1 4008898 Oct 7 22:20 MechJeb2-2.3.1.0-337.zip

-rw-r--r-- 1 4324184 Oct 8 03:40 MechJeb2-2.3.1.0-337-2.zip

Uuuh. I might have downloaded something I shouldn't have.

edit edit: It seems to be working better now that I'm actually running 337, instead of some sort of half-breed between 337 and 338. Funny, however, that the 338 DLL seems to be about half the size of the 337 DLL and that the Assembly-CSharp mod version is 0.0.0.0 in 338.

Edited by ola

Maybe you got the temp 338 that Sarbian had for a bit up.

I built a dev version with 0.25 this time. It should not change much, but it's a bit more proper :

Edited : use the usual dev build link now.

I didnt since i saw his Edit. So i got my 337 from normal -> LINK

And also someone did a new 338 in there, uploaded half an hour ago. Havnt used that though.

EDIT: And yeah, what Sarbian said above basically, i think you messed up with the files and/or during copy/merge

Edited by Thourion

This mean you did not install MJ properly. But without a full log I can't tell you why.

It did indeed. My bad, sorry. 337 works fine, and I love the new stuff.

A little update on my issue, apparently i have this issue only in career mode. I tried the same maneuvers with the same crafts in sandbox and it all went well ...

Something about career mode thats making mechjeb not work. At least thats from what I've seen.

Any ideas?

Yes, you're in career mode. You need to unlock more MechJeb functionality. Not all of it is 100% functional in career mode. That is by design. You have to research the parts you want. The part that combines engine control with attitude control is the Translatron. I forget exactly where it is on the tech tree. Somewhere on the bottom row I think.

@ Starwaster

That actually makes sense, i AM early in the tech tree, only unlocked the first mechjeb module.

I knew about the fact that you must unlock further versions of mechjeb to use all functionality but i always thought that you get some message when trying to use some maneuver that wasn't unlocked ... or better yet, you couldn't even select it from the menus.

Altho now that i think of it, i did use the toolbar to create a shortcut to the maneuver planner. The mechjeb menu on the right didnt have the planner listed there yet.

Ill try unlocking more modules and see how it goes.

Thank you all!

Dude... that new Porkchop graph is freaking COOL.

I've always wondered if I could adjust my transfer and use more fuel, or wait and use less fuel... I really like this!

I'm not sure I fully understand it yet, but I love where you're going with this.

Hello, I love your work, i also love the lastest aditions in the dev channel, the node creation on diferent SOI limitation change certainly was helpful, so was the dropdown menu on maneuver planner, i have some sugestions, hope this is the right place for it:

UI:

1 Lock window position ON/OFF

2 Save windows position/edits, and export to a file to bk.

3 Window transparency level

Delta-V Info:

4 Option to Show info chart of vessel on other Bodies while on flight .

Orbit Info:

5 Apoaxis after Drag (deceleration drag)

Maneuver:

6 node to change Pe to a drag point to lower AP as desired (without landing obviously)

7 node to optimize a Gravity Assist on target

I hope this sugestions aren't too much of a problem to do, anything that you dont understand please tell me and ill try to explain better

Thanks

Edited by frango9000
Numbers on each sugs

Mother of god! Dat porkchop plot! Amazing. I got the fuel. It's the time I don't have. It works perfectly from what I have tested of it. One small problem. The landing auto pilot bug is back. The one were it freaks out at chute open with the large random number on the bottom. That is strange too. I haven't had that bug in ages. Now it happens almost every single time trying to land at KSP. As always, if you catch it and disable the auto pilot and then re-enable it, it works fine after that.

Is this the same as http://jenkins.mumech.com/job/MechJeb2/? I think so. Latest version (2.3.1.0-337) works with 0.25.

One thing, please change Time Input @ Warp Helper back to the method used before (my last version: #253). I guess it got changed to be more noob-friendly, because it wasn't much documented. In #253 i just typed in 1h23m and everything was fine. When i try that now, i get everything but not what i want (this case: 1d 2s), i need to click x times in that field to get the time i want to warp for.

code99 : it should not fail that way. Default module unlock should not make some feture half working. I'll try to have a look

frango9000 :

1 lock is a good idea.

2 Backup is easily done by saving the cfg crated by MJ in its folder.

3 Windows transparency is a pain with Unity, but I managed to make it work for some other things so I'll have a look too.

4 Easily done but I don't want to cluter the UI much. I'll see.

5 I like the idea but I'll have to see how complex it is.

6 See 5

7 I won't but if someone want to tackle it feel free.

Payload : I'll redo a pass on the Landing AP anyway. There is still a few bug in here that I want to find and I want to include some of Trajectories work.

Tahib : I don't really understand the problem.

I want to timewarp for, lets say, 100 days. I click in that field for time @ warp helper, mark everything, type in 100d, and guess what i get? 1 day. Just try to enter different values in that field. I dont know how you do that.

Is this the same as http://jenkins.mumech.com/job/MechJeb2/? I think so. Latest version (2.3.1.0-337) works with 0.25.

One thing, please change Time Input @ Warp Helper back to the method used before (my last version: #253). I guess it got changed to be more noob-friendly, because it wasn't much documented. In #253 i just typed in 1h23m and everything was fine. When i try that now, i get everything but not what i want (this case: 1d 2s), i need to click x times in that field to get the time i want to warp for.

I think that tahib's problem is that when the text value is parsed, the time is then converted to a text again and replaces the value he typed. I fixed that in my latest pull request, based on the timestamps it should be fixed in version 338.

Oh yeah, like others have posted, Porkchop thingy is PURE AWSOME!

I was in orbit, and decided to check some transfers. I opened mechjeb and saw the "advanced" in there... i was like huh? where did the normal planner go lol.. (i missed any discussions about it)

After like half a minute, where i understood what this is, i was going nuts, 59 -62 days left to start for Eeloo something short of 2k dv, or go earlier and burn more dv, and the node created is always boom right on target.

The ability to see dv with time for burn relations, all in one nice window in game, just beautiful!

I have a suggestion, but i arent very sure of where i should send it, so... here it comes!.

Using the landing module and the docking module of mechjeb, will be very difficult create a new autopilot where you can "target" a place on a ship and the mechjeb will attach the second ship to these point using the claw.

how do i install? the zip to gamedata folder (like every mods) and the DLL?

The zip has the mechjeb parts (mechjeb pod and AR case) along with the dll (also icons for the toolbar mod etc).

The single dll is for those that already have the parts (or dont want the parts for some reason).

Oh yeah, like others have posted, Porkchop thingy is PURE AWSOME!

I was in orbit, and decided to check some transfers. I opened mechjeb and saw the "advanced" in there... i was like huh? where did the normal planner go lol.. (i missed any discussions about it)

After like half a minute, where i understood what this is, i was going nuts, 59 -62 days left to start for Eeloo something short of 2k dv, or go earlier and burn more dv, and the node created is always boom right on target.

The ability to see dv with time for burn relations, all in one nice window in game, just beautiful!

Yeah, I hesitated between replacing the old interplanetary transfer and adding it as a new maneuver, in case there was a bug I didn't see or if someone didn't like porkchops...

Also, by putting it at the top of the list, everyone can see there's a new maneuver.

By the way, did anybody try it on a not-so-fast CPU? Xytovl and I only tested it on our cores i7, we're not sure how long it takes on other CPUs...

Hi there,

I thought, reading there, that Mechjeb was career compatible but it's not showing in the modules list nor in the research tree. Do I have to start over a new career before being able to use it?

I use the 338 build.

Kind regards.

By the way, did anybody try it on a not-so-fast CPU? Xytovl and I only tested it on our cores i7, we're not sure how long it takes on other CPUs...

I'm on a pre-Sandy Bridge i5 here. Granted, I'm used to KSP operating at a pretty leisurely pace, but the porkchop plot took no appreciable time at all that I noticed.

Sandy Bridge Celeron, takes a couple of seconds. No problem