[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

BMy only quibble is that it can be difficult to select the target docking port, especially when on the dark side of a planet.

Search for the Aviation Lights plugin, and add lights to your target.

Hello, I use your awsome mod, it's nice =)

Thanks for your work on it.

I have one question. The landing autopilot lands round about 2 meters near the destination. I see that the lander comes down the last 200 meters or more without velocity on horizontal direction. Would it be possible to use the rcs with the autopilot landing exactly on the right destination? Maybe just if the distance is 5 meters or less.

Hello, I use your awsome mod, it's nice =)

Thanks for your work on it.

I have one question. The landing autopilot lands round about 2 meters near the destination. I see that the lander comes down the last 200 meters or more without velocity on horizontal direction. Would it be possible to use the rcs with the autopilot landing exactly on the right destination? Maybe just if the distance is 5 meters or less.

Hi, I've wanted the same thing and I managed to make it land a few centimeters from the target. I've actually just done the pull request here, but I've only tried it on one craft and only on Kerbin and the Mün...

When comparing MechJeb's Delta-V stats to Engineer, I see the same TWR and burn time, but MechJeb shows slightly higher Delta-V for both atmospheric and vacuum. Which is correct and why is there a discrepancy?

I'd also like to see MechJeb support output from other mods. Protractor or Engineer (engineer made redundant by the Delta-V window) could send the display information and the module would be listed in the MechJeb windows panel.

Could you move that panel slider down? It's in the way of Resources and the info icons.

When comparing MechJeb's Delta-V stats to Engineer, I see the same TWR and burn time, but MechJeb shows slightly higher Delta-V for both atmospheric and vacuum. Which is correct and why is there a discrepancy?

Maybe an inconsistency with which standard gravity is used for what? I seem to recall that KSP doesn't use the real-world standard gravity for some/all of its calculations. See if the ratio 9.81/9.82 is meaningful in the differences.

There may also be a broken fuel line somewhere. Mechjeb will still calculate based on the fuel line being there but engineer will discount the fuel that's isolated.a toroidal perhaps?

Edited by HoY

So no one? No one else out there ever has mechjeb just sort of forget how to do simple things like land, ascend, and kill rotation if they dare to use wheels on their craft? Because it's still a problem... I still can't get a lander off the ground half the time, and have yet to land one period without making a huge explosion.

He is brazilian, but, he is "metido". Tentei fazer amizade, ele não responde nem na página brasileira no internationals!

UAHEIUAHEIhea, MechJeb > vida social

where the hell did you get this from, it does NOT work

why don't you simply be patient, this is a mod, KSP 0.21 was just released and just so happens broke the mod. Mod needs to be update so give time for the author to do so. Jeez

where the hell did you get this from, it does NOT work

patience youngling, it takes time for the mod owner to update from 0.20 to 0.21 which was released today.

sorry guys, because of all the 500 issues, and my ignorance, the quote I was replying to wasn't included, my post obviously looked very mean or out of context

so with that said, i hope mechjeb updates today, wonder if dev is working on it

I have a working version while you wait for the official fix :

(with other fix from Raf04 as usual)

DLL : http://www.sarbian.com/sarbian/MechJeb2.dll

Updated Part.cfg : https://raw.github.com/sarbian/MechJeb2/0_21/Parts/MechJeb2_AR202/part.cfg

Source : https://github.com/sarbian/MechJeb2/tree/Raf04_Sarbian

Edited by sarbian