[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

It seems the new mechjeb makes rockets wobble like the old asas (and old mechjeb) did.

Same rocket without mechjeb (but with new asas) hardly wobbles.

I've found it more stable to launch with RCS/SAS on, ascend to 9500m, then switch on the launch assistance mechjeb bit.

This. It does a great job launching. Which is tedious already. But I did notice that it doesnt utilize SAS as much as it used to. Used to flicker on and off.

SAS won't flicker on and off - it doesn't need to be turned off for Mechjeb (or you) to issue maneuvering commands any more.

Thanks to the MechJeb peeps! Loving the quick update. You guys rock!

Now that both HyperEdit and MechJeb are working on the latest version, all is well once again in the Kerbin universe. NICE.:cool:

Mechjeb has a bunch of parts like fuel tank and landing struts or something, and a stock ship called mechjeb kit or something like that, can someone please tell me what this does?

I'm assuming you're on Mechjeb 1.9.8, as the only part included in Mechjeb2 is the control unit itself.

iirc that 1.9.8 stock ship is to build the mechjeb module displayed in the screenshot in the first post of this thread (the eye and the yellow bits around it). Been a while since that mechjeb version has been updated though (was released for KSP version 0.19) so don't be surprised if not all functions work.

In Controller tab of VAB/SPH, install the MechJeb device on your command capsule. (If you already knew this, I'm not trying to insult you. When I first installed this mod, I did not know that was required. LFMF)

Wait...What?! You have to put it on the capsule? I never put it on the capsule... does that make a difference?

Wait...What?! You have to put it on the capsule? I never put it on the capsule... does that make a difference?

Sometimes I put it on the capsule, sometimes I don't, but it makes no difference, unless you stage it off.

Mechjeb seems to have been broken by the update, does anyone know if the pre-release works better?

I'm not sure why they call it a "pre-release" since it has been released and seems completely functional, but that new version works fine with KSP 0.21, and it's all I've ever used.

Im having a problem where i cant see any of the parts of Mechjeb. I installed 2.0.9 into the game data folder in kerbalspace program. I have no other mechjeb version installed and no other addons. There are only 3 files in the folder MechJeb2_AR202. Am i missing some thing or have i installed it wrong?

Sometimes I put it on the capsule, sometimes I don't, but it makes no difference, unless you stage it off.

This. If you use a Multistage rocket (and most do to get off of a planet(aka boosters)), make sure it's on the upper stage, so MechJeb can take control of all stages.

both HyperEdit and MechJeb are working on the latest version

Wait what?! *happy dance* Time to replant Duna Base Alpha!

May I ask what you did to your files? I'd like to see what I did wrong. I had 1.9.8 and downloaded 2.0.9. I left the 1.9.8 parts files alone and added the parts files from 2.0.9. The Plugins file had MuMechLib.dll in it from 1.9.8 and MechJeb2.dll was in 2.0.9. MechJeb doesn't seem to work with all of that installed. The menus show up but don't seem to do anything. I had a ship sitting on the pad, clicked "engage" then hit the space bar and nothing happened. I had the same deal when I tried to use MechJeb to land a ship. I clicked target KSC, hit land at target, and nothing happened.

I thought deleting the old MuMechLib.dll file might fix the issue, but that just makes all the Mechjeb parts disappear. Do you have any ideas? I'd rather not revert if I can make 2.0.9 work.

Thx for a quickfix! now I don't have to revert back to .20 ;)

2.0.9 is working for you? I went from 1.9.8 to 2.0.9 and I guess I did something wrong. I left the parts files from 1.9.8 where they were and added the parts files from 2.0.9. For the plugins I added the MechJeb2.dll file from 2.0.9. If I delete the MuMechLib.dll file from 1.9.8, then my MechJeb parts don't show up in the parts selection screen. I'm not sure what I need to fix.

That looks like an unmanned rocket. Try spinning the probe, so 90* will face to the right of the launchpad (when you load it).

Also, I never used the Orbit inclination. It always points 90* for me when I leave it at 0, in 0.20.

That looks like an unmanned rocket. Try spinning the probe, so 90* will face to the right of the launchpad (when you load it).

Also, I never used the Orbit inclination. It always points 90* for me when I leave it at 0, in 0.20.

4t6z.png

Yeah, it is unmanned. Same probe without mechjeb. Note, the navball is centered correctly now. Seems to be a glitch with Mechjeb.