[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

With all previous versions of Mechjeb 90 degrees was a equatorial orbit, and 0/360 was north / polar.

Negative, ghost rider. A *heading* of 90 degrees has always corresponded with an *inclination* of 0 degrees (more or less, depending on launch latitude). MechJeb has also always had this straight. Heading is "north, south, east, west," while inclination is "trajectory angle with respect to the equator."

More technically, it's the angle between the orbital plane and the reference plane as measured from the ascending node. For launch purposes, MechJeb treats the launch site as the ascending node.

That's not a bug. You want to set your orbital inclination to 0. An inclination of 90 degrees is a polar orbit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orbital_inclination

This is a idle rocket sitting perfectly still on the Launchpad. The heading thing should be pointing straight up with the rocket sitting on the pad, and ready for launch. Instead it is leaning far over to the North heading. Please tell me how this is not a glitch with Mechjeb...

2wtx.png

Edited by Vonar

It's not mechjeb, mechjeb won't change your sphere (as far as I know...), hit your command pod and click on control from here, it could be a bug from .21 who knows.

It's not mechjeb, mechjeb won't change your sphere (as far as I know...), hit your command pod and click on control from here, it could be a bug from .21 who knows.

It has to be MechJeb. When Mechjeb is removed the probe's heading is fine, this is a clean install of 0.21, and the only two mods I have installed are Mechjeb 2.0 and Kethane.

It has to be MechJeb. When Mechjeb is removed the probe's heading is fine, this is a clean install of 0.21, and the only two mods I have installed are Mechjeb 2.0 and Kethane.

The problem is that you aren't placing the mechjeb part on a vertical surface. Either click on the command pod and select control from here, or place the mechjeb part on a vertical surface.

Dammit, I just got done trying auto docking in .21 and now .21.1 is out! Ah well, suffice it to say Mj was having troubles not wanting to approach the target until I realized I left smart ASS on on the target. switched craft, turned off S.A. and it worked like a charm.

This is a idle rocket sitting perfectly still on the Launchpad. The heading thing should be pointing straight up with the rocket sitting on the pad, and ready for launch. Instead it is leaning far over to the North heading. Please tell me how this is not a glitch with Mechjeb...

2wtx.png

i had that problem. your MJ unit is bolted onto the ship on an angled surface right click on your remote control unit while on the pad and select control from here. should fix it for you.

**edit**

page 247/248

So has anybody found a way to get the docking assist to work? All that happens when I turn it on is it will get close to the target, but once it gets within a few meters will start over correcting for small adjustments which it then overcorrects back and put the craft in a roll.

I'we got the new update for ksp now. Ascent guidance, Randevous autopilot and docking autopilot seems to work well now

Strange, the first two work for me, but docking never gets close.

Strange, the first two work for me, but docking never gets close.

idk if you saw my post but like i said i only used that to test the probes and have enough fuel to go to multiple spots on kerbin to see what the heck was going on. I have had it off every other time and still the same problem...

Yeah i was able to get the docking autopilot to work and everything else finally, of note i would say dont shut off your reaction wheels keep them off and Kill Rot whatever you are docking with, that is what worked for me, almost instantly docked after i did that.

Mech jeb works well with rockets, but messes up my planes. on planes without MJ i control pitch by W and S buttons. if i equip it with MJ the control switches to A and D and so on.