[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

I got another problem with MechJeb. It seems not all of my ships are being treated as good with MechJeb, which is a crying shame.

So I'm using Build #69. One of my Landers + Rover is having trouble with Rendezvous Autopilot. It screws up when doing its Hohmann Transfer. The burn thing above the Delta-V info that shows how far until the burn is complete, stays at 0.3m/s for... a long time. I waited for 5 minutes, and it never moves. All it's doing is screwing up my transfer.

Then when I disengage and re-engage it, it circularizes the orbit with what I'm trying to rendezvous with, ruining the rendezvous attempt and wasting fuel (if I wasn't using cheats). :mad:

Some help would be nice. I haven't tested it with other craft.

I think this is some kind of "infinite burn" bug that only affects certain craft (unfortunately, mine is one of them). Going to see if it happens with the original 2.0.8 version.

EDIT: Yep. I'm within docking distance with the original version. The other version never got me this close.

EDIT: Nevermind... I know what's really causing it. :P The fact I had to HyperEdit my craft because it wouldn't launch right. Going to the Space Center and back, fixes the problem. It also happened in standard 2.0.8; burning at 0.9m/s for minutes.

Edited by Benie

That's a bug I haven't seen in a while, try getting the dev build from here, that should fix that.

Thanks, still had issues with the Eve landing but it was probably the lander/ airship who was not balanced.

However I still has a problem with final decent on low gravity worlds, lander start to spin around while burning the engines. Is this an known issue?

Since the optimal ascent path is unique for each rocket, a default 100 km orbit ascent path should be stored by MechJeb in the craft file. Would the developers let you add a section to the craft file delimeted by >>begin moduleinfo = MechJebCore and >>end moduleinfo ?

Thanks, still had issues with the Eve landing but it was probably the lander/ airship who was not balanced.

However I still has a problem with final decent on low gravity worlds, lander start to spin around while burning the engines. Is this an known issue?

I found a few landing bug with low TWR ship (engine "stutter") but I did not found a fix so they land where they should and still not do that. It may be related ? You can send me a save or ship, I'll have a look.

quick question to all.

I wish to park a sat both ahead and behind Mun by say, 4000 km's.

How is the 'best' way to do this. I have worked with phasing orbits and no problems, however using Mun as the starting point has the problem of crashing into it.....

so what am I not seeing here, or what should be done. thanks for help.

DrTedAstro.

Sorry if this was explained anywhere elsewhere, but just curious - any idea if the current version of MechJeb will be compatible with 0.21 or not? I'm assuming it won't be because of the fundamental control changes in 0.21. In that case though, any idea how long development will take to make it 0.21 compatible?

I love using MJ for telemetry, and for auto-flying my less important missions for me! :)

quick question to all.

I wish to park a sat both ahead and behind Mun by say, 4000 km's.

How is the 'best' way to do this. I have worked with phasing orbits and no problems, however using Mun as the starting point has the problem of crashing into it.....

so what am I not seeing here, or what should be done. thanks for help.

DrTedAstro.

Ok, no one has any ideas or methods to do this other than hyper-edit cheat????

Ok, no one has any ideas or methods to do this other than hyper-edit cheat????

Only way I see it is to set up a resonant elliptical orbit around Kerbin with apoapsis at the Mun's orbit. You then circularize when their position is satisfactory. Keep in mind that it's going to be tough to get it to be perfectly circular to avoid a Mun intercept. Hyperedit won't make it stay in the same orbit, the game slightly changes your apoapsis and periapsis every time you time warp.

Dumb question: How do I start it once it is installed?

I installed it in GameData: KSP/GameData/MechJeb2

Components: KSP/GameData/MechJeb2/Parts, KSP/GameData/MechJeb2/Plugins

When I start the a mission, nothing is displayed that shows MechJeb. When watching the game loading sequence, I don't see it.

Could you please add a feature, that allows us to time inclined launches to meet a set angle of the LAN. This really would help to execute precalculated interplanetary flights.

I imagine it to be a additional window located next to the inclination window, where I can type in the wished location of my AN, but so I can also disable the feature, so my equatorial launches don't have to wait for ages just because KSC is slightly off the equator.

This could also include a new feature for the manouver generator so I can change my inclination relativ to a specific LAN. Look at KSPTOT for comparison.

Question- does anyone else ever get the problem where, with a mechjeb controlled system, if any wheel is attached, the pitch and yaw just go INSANE, crashing the craft into the ground instantly? It's literally to the point where I can't use rovers. Ever.

Don't install it in gamedata. copy the parts folder and the plugins folder into the ksp_win folder

Why not? That's how you're supposed to use it in 0.20+.

Besides, he installed it correctly, probably just didn't put the module on the ship.

Don't install it in gamedata. copy the parts folder and the plugins folder into the ksp_win folder

If you're not using the gamedata folder in 0.20+ your modding wrong... as an added bonus this folder usage means we should see a built in mod manager some time fairly soon.

Did you place the MechJeb module on the ship you want to control from under the "Control" tab in the VAB...? I made that mistake when I first started using it...forgot to mount that module!
Besides, he installed it correctly, probably just didn't put the module on the ship.

THANK YOU!!!!!

I didn't know there was a module that needed to be added to the ship.

Note to self: ALWAYS look for something to be added when using any mod; especially those which are not specific parts, etc.

Edited by Apollo13

THANK YOU!!!!!

I didn't know there was a module that needed to be added to the ship.

Note to self: ALWAYS look for something to be added when using any mod; especially those which are not specific parts, etc.

I think most us us have done that. Most won't admit it.. ;)

Did you place the MechJeb module on the ship you want to control from under the "Control" tab in the VAB...? I made that mistake when I first started using it...forgot to mount that module!

And add one copy on each part you want to control, like forgetting both mechjeb, ASAS and SAS on an Tylo lander. And only on the Tylo one where its most needed, yes it had power.

Been away from the game for a while. I just tried docking using Mechjeb 2.08 for the first time. Wow, that was some sweet maneuvering. Quick, accurate and easy. Seemed fairly monoprop efficient too. My only quibble is that it can be difficult to select the target docking port, especially when on the dark side of a planet. Maybe adding a list view of docking ports on the target vessel to choose from; like the old ORDA plugin?

Can't wait to see how much this plugin will rock when it gets updated for the new SAS in .21. Should be a dream to use.