[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

Haven't looked myself but I am assuming Sea Level Thrust.

I'll assume this for now.

New question, probably an old one: How do i get the dV window to show up before the MJ module gets unlocked. I tried with and without a Modulemanager config but clicking the item ni the VAB won't do a thnig (neither in the debug window for that matter). Do i just install KER and forget it ?

New question, probably an old one: How do i get the dV window to show up before the MJ module gets unlocked. I tried with and without a Modulemanager config but clicking the item ni the VAB won't do a thnig (neither in the debug window for that matter). Do i just install KER and forget it ?

Not sure on changing the research unlocks, but you can bypass the research requirements and add mechjeb to all command modules at the same time by putting this in notepad (or notepad++) and saving it as a config file. Just save it in the gamedata folder and you'll also need modulemanager.

@PART
[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],!MODULE[MechJebCore]]:Final
{
MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
}
}

SLT DOES mean Sea Level Thrust, its the figure you need to look at when your launching, this should be about 1.25

I'm having an issue where the deltav window doesn't appear when I select it in the VAB. Is anyone else having this problem?

I was about to write on this, many of my windows have this and i've seen a bit of a pattern:

I can't open a window from the right pane if i closed it from the close button on the window itself.

I was about to write on this, many of my windows have this and i've seen a bit of a pattern:

I can't open a window from the right pane if i closed it from the close button on the window itself.

I actually had this a couple times, but at the time, the ship ran out of power, so I thought it was an EC issue.

Are there any means to make MJ see and maneuver to the orbits from "Place satellite" contracts?

No, but it is a good idea. I'll have to add it to the stack of stuff to add short term.

Quick question about the changes... what's SLT in the dV window ?

Sea Level TWR

I'm having an issue where the deltav window doesn't appear when I select it in the VAB. Is anyone else having this problem?

You will have to post the Logs to dropbox or equvalent so I can see the actual error.

drtedastro : Tired after seeing too much MJ code non stop :) I'll work on my other mods for a bit before restarting the MJ dev release (I have a LOT of ideas)

NeoAcario : This should works as is, you just have to update MM. You can find a more complex one there

I don't think anyone else has mentioned this so I will... the new aerodynamics seem to have broken the "Limit to Terminal Velocity" feature in the Utilities... whenever I try to use it I end up in the ocean :) Also, ALL MechJeb modes are available after unlocking the first MechJeb tech node. Can also confirm the missing Delta Vee window in the VAB - if you close it you can't get it back. Sometimes it will reappear if you go to the launch pad, open it there and then revert. There's probably heaps more but you'd expect nothing less with an update of this magnitude. And, while I'm here, thanks for your work :)

MJ 2.5 Do not work with KSP 1.0.

i have a problem with the new version 1.0, i put the new version of mechjeb into data base but in game the auto pilot does not work, the statue of the autopilot is "on" throttle locked at 0% even with the new version of mech jeb.

Sarbian et al,

Thank you for updating MechJeb within hours of KSP 1.0 release. MJ is essential to my enjoyment because of the four functions I use:

1) Maneuver Node Editor

2) Rendezvous Planner

3) Smart A.S.S.

4) Delta V

Works for me in VAB and in flight.

Edited by Apollo13

I don't think anyone else has mentioned this so I will... the new aerodynamics seem to have broken the "Limit to Terminal Velocity" feature in the Utilities... whenever I try to use it I end up in the ocean :) Also, ALL MechJeb modes are available after unlocking the first MechJeb tech node. Can also confirm the missing Delta Vee window in the VAB - if you close it you can't get it back. Sometimes it will reappear if you go to the launch pad, open it there and then revert. There's probably heaps more but you'd expect nothing less with an update of this magnitude. And, while I'm here, thanks for your work :)

I was actually about to pop in here as well and mention the same about the limit feature. It will screw up anything i try to put into orbit if i enable it before clear of the atmosphere.

I've also encountered both the issue with closed windows not being able to reopen and the miscalculation of terminal velocity. A little annoying, but just being able to use MechJeb this early in the life of KSP 1.0 is astounding. Thanks so much for all your hard work!

I've also encountered both the issue with closed windows not being able to reopen and the miscalculation of terminal velocity. A little annoying, but just being able to use MechJeb this early in the life of KSP 1.0 is astounding. Thanks so much for all your hard work!

This right here.

We know there are bugs at this stage, but it still warrants a big THANKS for getting it mostly compatible and out this fast. I gotta have my info windows!

~Steve

I have same problem. Any glues how to get it back?

Log file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwTO_H8RhTi0MDVsQ01saW5hbXc/view?usp=sharing

content of mechjeb2.log:

Executing: MechJeb2 - 2.5.0.0Assembly: /home/sauli/app/ksp/1.0_run/GameData/MechJeb2/Plugins/MechJeb2.dll

[Exception 16:38:59.9348690]:
[]: at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Component:InternalGetTransform ()
at UnityEngine.Component.get_transform () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KerbalEngineer.VesselSimulator.PartSim.New (.Part thePart, Int32 id, Double atmosphere, KerbalEngineer.LogMsg log) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KerbalEngineer.VesselSimulator.Simulation.PrepareSimulation (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 parts, Double theGravity, Double theAtmosphere, Double theMach, Boolean dumpTree, Boolean vectoredThrust, Boolean fullThrust) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KerbalEngineer.VesselSimulator.SimManager.StartSimulation () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Edited by Lagopus

Was it with stock parts ? could you share the vessel file ?

All stock parts, I have only ModuleManager and MechJeb installed.

I'll make some more testing how this happens...

- - - Updated - - -

Well, it didn't need much:

http://i.imgur.com/znmaPro.png

Log:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwTO_H8RhTi0UlctSlp2X1Nuamc/view?usp=sharing

Craft file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwTO_H8RhTi0dUdSVmxNcHEyTGs/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Lagopus