Squadcast Summary 2015/10/30 - An Equality of Elasticity Among the Genders

Superfluous J

Thanks for the info 5th. Can't wait to get my hands on 1.1

1.0.5, not so much but since I'm still running 1.0.2, I might upgrade, we'll see.

I really wish they would add 2.5m nukes, bigger Ions, and Electric props (for drones) in stock game... looks like 1.1 too.

"We are currently not happy with the way the game in general looks. Every now and then - and by that I literally mean all the time - we go on reddit... on our forums... we go on social media and what do we see, guys? What do we see? We see absolute and complete beautiful [something] in the game. We see mods tht have brought such gorgousness to the game that is downright mind-boggling. ... And you know what? We want to do our official version of that. We want the game to look just as good."

I completely understand. If I made a game, and someone else came along and made a vast improvement to one aspect, such as graphics, I would be a little embarrassed and a bit ticked off. I would at least come up with something to rival the mods and compete for the approval of my customers. It's a matter of pride in one's work and a desire to compete to be the best.

Q: Multi-screen support?

A: It's something they're looking into with with Unity. It looks very possible, just not quite yet.

This is new.

I wonder if it would extend to having map mode as a separate instance?

This is new.

I wonder if it would extend to having map mode as a separate instance?

As the one that made the question MaxMaps was anwsering to, I would say so. The question was if they would port to PC the feature Max promised for Wii-U that will suposedely allow to play in map mode in the main screen and use the VAB/SPH in the Wii-U pad controller at the same time ...

That said, if that really happens , I will be quite happy with it ;)

Edited by r_rolo1

Was I reading somewhere they had plans to deal with the Jool aerobreaking situation?

Yeah, you definitely were, but somewhere else. They were mentioning that they were fixing up the Heat system in 1.0.5 (both Maxmaps the producer and NathanKell, the guy who does the fixing), and one of the main fixes is jool aerobraking. Let's hope this extends to Eve as well.

Jool aerobraking is mentioned in here

Nice, I have tried to land this ore probe on Eve this weekend, next plan is to take the miner down to low Eve orbit and refuel it so it can do powered decent for 800 m/s

Problem is that the entire structure overheats and then one of the engines blows it explodes. Yes I could have added more airbrakes but fuel is easier.

Has to do various science in low Eve orbit and upper atmosphere anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Once again I must bow out from summarizing Squadcast this week. I'm taking a long weekend and going to VEGA$$$$$ to help a friend celebrate a certain divisible-by-10 birthday. I considered bringing my laptop along and doing the summary in the hotel, but then the 0.0000001 seconds where that seemed reasonable passed and I decided not to.

Sad I'll be missing Dr_Turkey's first foray into public Kerbaling. I'll be back for his second try though!

Once again I must bow out from summarizing Squadcast this week. I'm taking a long weekend and going to VEGA$$$$$ to help a friend celebrate a certain divisible-by-10 birthday. I considered bringing my laptop along and doing the summary in the hotel, but then the 0.0000001 seconds where that seemed reasonable passed and I decided not to.

Sad I'll be missing Dr_Turkey's first foray into public Kerbaling. I'll be back for his second try though!

Doing the first one later next week, actually.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.