Post EVERYTHING you know about the Mun Arch.

VincentMcConnell

I tried to EVA a Kerbal through the middle and though it had plenty of space all around the Kerbal disappeared in a cloud of dust as it crossed the middle. Not sure if it was due to an oversize/mismatched collision mesh or something specific to Kerbals. RIP Desson Kerman.

I tried to EVA a Kerbal through the middle and though it had plenty of space all around the Kerbal disappeared in a cloud of dust as it crossed the middle. Not sure if it was due to an oversize/mismatched collision mesh or something specific to Kerbals. RIP Desson Kerman.

Who ever said he died. <.< >.>

Update:

Took another Bigtrak thru the Arch. Approaching from the west, I drove under the Arch from the south. The vehicle survived the transit. Then looped around the eastern leg of the Arch and tried again. Boom. (note to dev team; explosions in vacuum should be silent) The Sun was very high in the sky and there was only a small shadow, but I\'m certain the cart was in shadow when it exploded, but cannot remember if it was during the successful transit.

Do you think they don\'t know that?

Ever see a Scifi movie with silent laserbeams/rockets/explosions in space?

2001: A Space Odyssey

2010: The Year We Make Contact

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLTRDH2YFqc

Planetes (pardon the Spanish) is not a movie, but its space scenes only feature sound that would be heard inside a character\'s suit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD0gTG_RO8U#t=9m20s

In Akira, Tetsuo\'s attack on the Sol defense satellite is entirely soundless until the mass reenters the atmosphere.

SOL Defense Satellite

Space in the movie Silent Running is silent as per the title, and so on... see the Exceptions section of that page.

Planetes (pardon the Spanish) is not a movie, but its space scenes only feature sound that would be heard inside a character\'s suit:

In Akira, Tetsuo\'s attack on the Sol defense satellite is entirely soundless until the mass reenters the atmosphere.

SOL Defense Satellite

Space in the movie Silent Running is silent as per the title, and so on... see the Exceptions section of that page.

You know, haven\'t we already established the fact that the sounds will be changed/removed in the future, because these are just placeholders? Not to mention the fact that Squad has already implemented atmospheric sounds, so they know how sound and atmosphere are related. That, and Star Trek had sounds in space.

Dragging this back on topic now... can you go through the middle of the arch in a craft without it exploding, because it would appear that Kerbals are 'killed' upon attempting to go underneath the arch.

You know, haven\'t we already established the fact that the sounds will be changed/removed in the future, because these are just placeholders?

Whoa-ho, take a chill pill homeboy. I was answering the man\'s question: 'Ever see a Scifi movie with silent laserbeams/rockets/explosions in space?'

Whoa-ho, take a chill pill homeboy. I was answering the man\'s question: 'Ever see a Scifi movie with silent laserbeams/rockets/explosions in space?'

I wasn\'t annoyed... ugh, we need a way to state tones of voice in text. I\'m tired of people thinking I am talking in an annoyed/angry voice, when I would be saying in in a calm voice.

we need a way to state tones of voice in text.
You mean like this? :D I stick a smiley on anything I think might sound harsh. It might look dorky, but there\'s less chance of offending anybody. No, I wasn\'t calling you a dork. :-[ Okay, maybe I was! >:( I regret that outburst. :\'( Nah, I\'m just yanking your chain. :stirpot: See? Now everybody knows not to take this post seriously. :w00t:

So. How about them arches?

SOL Defense Satellite

Your memory is better than mine. I know all the films you\'ve named but i never thought of them. You\'ve named films which clearly had serious scientific advisors. However, didn\'t you hear how the probe \'whizzed\' by (2010)?

Soundeffects are used whenever the director thinks it will enhance the excitement of the watchers.

I was thinking more along the lines of Star Wars, Star trek, Raiders among the stars, Buck Rodgers in the 25th century, Flash Gordon ....

I\'m trying to find one in minmus

To the best of my knowledge, the only thing to find on Minmus is the monolith in stationary orbit, and supposedly someone found a cavern, but I haven\'t been able to get that confirmed yet.

To the best of my knowledge, the only thing to find on Minmus is the monolith in stationary orbit, and supposedly someone found a cavern, but I haven\'t been able to get that confirmed yet.

1. How high in orbit is the monolith?

2. Do things collide with monoliths?

3. Where did you hear about a cavern?

Where\'d you hear about a cavern? Now, I impulsively have to go exploring Minmus. :P

A.F.A.I.K. there is NO monolith in orbit around Minmus. I know someone has posted a screenprint of it in a thread, but that to my opinion is a joke/hoax. I have mapped Minmus extensively but never found a trace of it, neither with a muon detector nor with the isa-mapper. Furthermore, there is a mod (i can\'t remember which one) with a monolith part.

I have personally come near enough to see the monolith in (sorta) orbit around minmus. I keep meaning to go back and get a more accurate location, but it\'s roughly at 25 degrees north and 60 degrees east at about 10,000km.

As for the cavern, I ran across it on another thread a couple of weeks ago and haven\'t heard anything about it since, so that\'s just a rumor. It was mentioned about being next to a lake. I haven\'t spent a lot of time around minmus, I really should check it out more thoroughly. I\'ve already mapped Kerbin and the Mün, with all their easter-eggs, but I\'ve been playing around with flags and EVAs lately. :D

Guest eduardopupucon666

I have personally come near enough to see the monolith in (sorta) orbit around minmus. I keep meaning to go back and get a more accurate location, but it\'s roughly at 25 degrees north and 60 degrees east at about 10,000km.

As for the cavern, I ran across it on another thread a couple of weeks ago and haven\'t heard anything about it since, so that\'s just a rumor. It was mentioned about being next to a lake. I haven\'t spent a lot of time around minmus, I really should check it out more thoroughly. I\'ve already mapped Kerbin and the Mün, with all their easter-eggs, but I\'ve been playing around with flags and EVAs lately. :D

i wil try to find the cavern then

Update:

Took another Bigtrak thru the Arch. Approaching from the west, I drove under the Arch from the south. The vehicle survived the transit. Then looped around the eastern leg of the Arch and tried again. Boom. (note to dev team; explosions in vacuum should be silent) The Sun was very high in the sky and there was only a small shadow, but I\'m certain the cart was in shadow when it exploded, but cannot remember if it was during the successful transit.

Were you going the same speed on both passes?

As a speculation, perhaps there was water and an atmosphere on the Mun, and the Arches were carved during this time,

but then a meteor impact destroyed the atmosphere, and the ice froze. Then another impact shattered this ice, making it fly into space, and some how end up on Minmus, then after the ice was gone from the Mun, the Arches were visible.

Also, perhaps Silisko crater was the crater where the first asteroid hit. Or was it an asteroid? (duhn duhn Duhn duhn)

A.F.A.I.K. there is NO monolith in orbit around Minmus. I know someone has posted a screenprint of it in a thread, but that to my opinion is a joke/hoax. I have mapped Minmus extensively but never found a trace of it, neither with a muon detector nor with the isa-mapper. Furthermore, there is a mod (i can\'t remember which one) with a monolith part.

It was me that posted the screenshot. All I can tell you is that it does exist, but I can\'t really prove it. The only thing is that others had found it; it should be in the 0.15 easter egg thread.

As for this cavern, the search is on.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.