The Grand KSP 1.0.5 Discussion Thread!

KasperVld

Don't know if this is new - but (while tracking down why MechJeb doesn't seem to work anymore) I accidentally dropped a fueled stage on the SPH, and the animation of the building and tower gloriously collapsing in on itself.... it's worth a look people

Edited by fourfa

checking your log danny :) it may take a few secs.

found it :

ActionGroupsExtended.AGXEditor.Update ()

[EXC 18:03:27.029] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

go and pester the mod author for that.

Going to get ksp 1.0.5 and test it on 64bit (unoffical workaround)

Hey Josh - thanks for checking that for me - really appreciate it. Guess I should learn to read logs for myself, huh?

Danny

So where did those jet engine internals go? Did they decide to not include them in the update, and I missed it?

VTOL builders protested too much. To be fair, they did make some good points, but I am upset that the jet engines COM is STILL Outside the model.

Maybe 1.1 (probably not), 1.1.5 (Not announced, just speculation), or 1.2 will include a jet engine mechanics rework to make more sense. The basic system for jet engines hasn't changed since 0.18.

Edited by GregroxMun

VTOL builders protested too much.

Ted announced that the decision was made to hold off on major engine changes so near to release. And instead, take some time to work on them in a more complete manner. So they were left as-is for the time being.

they did something to aero that disabled body lift... and they didn't described it on patch notes... ¬¬"

Might need to supply some information on that, because I don't believe any changes were intentionally done to lift rating or body lift.

Might need to supply some information on that, because I don't believe any changes were intentionally done to lift rating or body lift.

fly any rocket, enable aero display, do a high pitch maneuver, no light blue lines appears... and this is not a problem with the aero lines display, the parts are actually not creating any body lift... I have a craft I designed to test body lift when 1.0.0 arrived, it use structural panels instead of wing pieces... was able to fly pretty well until 1.0.4... now it can't take-off... :P

before 1.0.5:

GaN5ss5.jpg

Edited by luizopiloto

First launch and I got a camera bug, it fixed when I got to orbit, but screwed up again once back in the atmosphere

Any help?

Try uninstalling your mods (or creating a separate Stock only install). I'm going to guess that they haven't been updated for 1.0.5 yet, so you might be seeing some of those broken interactions.

fly any rocket, enable aero display, do a high pitch maneuver, no light blue lines appears...

Thanks. What would also be most helpful is if you could post this stuff to the support forum also (since it'll likely get buried in here). I'll make a note of it though (and hopefully won't forget. :P ).

Cheers,

~Claw

VTOL builders protested too much. To be fair, they did make some good points, but I am upset that the jet engines COM is STILL Outside the model.

Maybe 1.1 (probably not), 1.1.5 (Not announced, just speculation), or 1.2 will include a jet engine mechanics rework to make more sense. The basic system for jet engines hasn't changed since 0.18.

Ah, darn. Could they not have made it toggleable somehow? Maybe for 1.1...

600 part ship now crashes the game. What exactly did they do to the game?! Now I have nothing to play since that was the only ship I was interested in playing. Can't access shortcuts or rotate the vehicle without CTD. I even turned everything down. They managed to add a few parts and make the VAB/SPH completely unusable...

The ship was up to 700 parts at times in 1.0.4.. When do I get to play my ship again? Next christmas?!

And I flew 2500+ part ships in 1.0.4. Something is very messed up.

Lets see, a small interim update and I loose 500% ship part capabilities.. Who is going to fix this and how quickly!!??

I kind of feel like you're operating at the very edge of what KSP can do, part count wise. I don't think they really expected people to go 1000+ on parts, so it shouldn't be surprising that you ran into problems. I'm more impressed that your computer could handle that at all. What exactly was it that you were building??

Ah, darn. Could they not have made it toggleable somehow? Maybe for 1.1...

You can toggle the turbine models on in the cfg files. There's a "MODEL" module commented out in each jet's config, just delete the "//" before each line and the turbines will appear. :)

(I'd imagine a ModuleManager script for this will materialize soon enough.)

I kind of feel like you're operating at the very edge of what KSP can do, part count wise. I don't think they really expected people to go 1000+ on parts, so it shouldn't be surprising that you ran into problems. I'm more impressed that your computer could handle that at all. What exactly was it that you were building??

I can and just did load up around 1500 parts in 1 spot just a half hour ago.

its either some specific bug with ur system, or your CPU just cant handle the part count.

As for lag, im hoping to no end 1.1 helps at least some. 1000 parts is extremely laggy for me (anything above 500 parts gets somewhat uncomfortable to work with, above 1000 lagfest, and above 2000 crashfest).

Anyways, im really REALLY loving the new IRSU system. Its not as efficient and has limitations, but its sure nice to be able to finally have infinite range vessels under 15t. Just made a SSTO that has ~3000 dV in LKO, 2t payload (missiles ofc), and weighs 20t on the pad. Before i could always get 7000dV with same payload, but do you knwo how unpractical and unpleasant it was to fly around with a 40t fighter jet, yeah it could go almost anywhere and back without fuel, but bloody long burns and painful to fly.

The IRSU is also neat as its so light ~2t for it and all needed equipment to use it) is more then doable on virtually every vessel from small and compact to medium and large (although super massives still benefit from the large one).

The only thing thats really worrying me is this line: "Fix an issue where symmetry mode could be increased past its limits."

YOU HAD BETTER NOT BREAK MY ABILITY TO USE 5, AND 9 WAY SYMMETRY! (if they did break symmetry bugs, im gonna mod it, or if not possible, use 1.04 to build with such symmetry modes).

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/38768-1-0-3-Editor-Extensions-v2-12-23-June

You can have any symmetry number you want if you use EE mod... some things are broken in it now like the verticle snap... but you can overcome this with the offset tool while snap is still on, its just not as quick and easy.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.