This is my full signature. Nothing but my full signature. My real signature is a link to this post.

Findthepin1

Really?

An entire thread is not even remotely necessary for a signature. With some simple resizing, you could easily fit both of those pictures and that quote (which does not at all need to use the quote bbcode in order to look good) in your signature. Besides, you don't even need an entire thread in a public forum, just make a blogpost or something.

Edited by mythbusters844

No need to get nasty about it.

Though I must confess, the purpose of this thread eludes me as well. Findthepin1?

He didn't think that would all fit in his signature. So instead, he posted the full contents of his soon to be signature, and now his signature is a link to that post directly. It's not the best way to do things, but from his standpoint it probably seemed logical enough.

My signature doesn't fit in the signature box. Over time it'll only get bigger. I needed to put it in a thread so that the whole thing can be read. In my signature box, the only thing now is a link to the OP here because the OP is my complete signature. I couldn't find a better way to let the whole thing be accessible. Similar to what Endersmens said.

EDIT: I didn't think to make a blog post. I've never done it before and don't entirely know how to use it.

Edited by Findthepin1

But I think this isn´t of much use - with your signature you want to give people a quick idea of who you are and what you are doing, what you have done, wich ideas you are supporting etc. I don´t think I´d click a link just to look at you signature. I want to get the idea when quickly reading through a thread and skimming over your signature.

I´d suggest you to simply put small pictures of your most important things in your sig, then people will actually read it.

Why not set the forum to allow a second page for users' profiles. On this page, one could personalize it as a means to accomplish on their profile directly what this thread is an attempt to do. If this does not make sense, remember, I have only had ONE cup of coffee this morning... :mad:

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.