Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 18--He's a docking wizard! (there had to be a twist?)

Mister Dilsby

On 2016-07-30 at 7:24 AM, Kuzzter said:

I was thinking of firing a scansat from the surface to intercept Bop while we're waiting for the tanks to fill up; anything to shed part count!

If you don't need some of the satellites, you could fire them at the Kerbulans.

P.S, Congratulations for 9k rep!

Edited by Wildcat111

2 minutes ago, Wildcat111 said:

You know, as long as they have enough Delta-V, anything still in the system can still be controlled from Intrepid and potentially used for purposes other than what they are designed for.

37 minutes ago, Wildcat111 said:

Except that Kerbfleet is non-militaristic...  I'm not sure if anyone on the Intrepid would consider such a thing, other than maybe Kenlie or Lisa

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

Except that Kerbfleet is non-militaristic...  I'm not sure if anyone on the Intrepid would consider such a thing, other than maybe Kenlie or Lisa

Right, I forgot. Just a suggestion for the first line of defence when the Kerbulans come. Or maybe the first line of defence is to throw snacks at the Kerbulans?

Edited by Wildcat111

7 minutes ago, Wildcat111 said:

Right, I forgot. Just a suggestion for the first line of defence when the Kerbulans come. 

Don't worry, @Wildcat111, I already know exactly when the Kerbulans will come, and what the Kerbfleet crew will do about it when they get there. Feel free to speculate though :wink: 

26 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

Don't worry, @Wildcat111, I already know exactly when the Kerbulans will come, and what the Kerbfleet crew will do about it when they get there. Feel free to speculate though :wink: 

But can the Kerbals throw snacks at the Kerbulans?

2 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

Wouldn't they try to talk to them first? After all, nobody but Kenlie and Lisa know that the Kerbulans are evil, and they might not be able to persuade the commanders of that fact.

11 minutes ago, Wildcat111 said:

Kerbal or Kerbulan?

Definitely Kerbfleet... but I'm also guessing snacks might be one thing Kerbulans will fight to the death for... so quite possibly both would only use snacks as a last resort.

53 minutes ago, Flow said:

If it's paprika snacks then definitely Serbian. 

Or Hungarian?  I can' t tell, (mmmm) but I do like that spice.  Although if Clauselle is cooking, it would probably have Tony Khakhere's and Tabasko sauce in it.  Those are essential nutrients.  One keeps your blood red, the other keeps is flowing :wink:

Edited by Geschosskopf

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

I'm also guessing snacks might be one thing Kerbulans will fight to the death for... so quite possibly both would only use snacks as a last resort.

Because of that sentence, I now think that one of the Kerbulan's mottos is: "Fight for da SNACKS!"

30 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

What won't Kerbulans fight to the death for?

15 minutes ago, Wildcat111 said:

Kerbulans fight to the death for everything.

Yeah, that is so true.   :D

Edited by Just Jim

6 hours ago, Geschosskopf said:

Or Hungarian?  I can' t tell, (mmmm) but I do like that spice.  Although if Clauselle is cooking, it would probably have Tony Khakhere's and Tabasko sauce in it.  Those are essential nutrients.  One keeps your blood red, the other keeps is flowing :wink:

May I recommend Cajohn's Trinidad Moruga Scorpion? It's good for forging steel, among other things.

5 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

What won't Kerbulans fight to the death for?

Each other, potentially. If they live on a planet where individual competition leads to personal advancement, then it's conceivable that they would want each other out of the way.

And besides, I haven't seen a single instance of friendship among them so far.

Edited by Dman979

12 hours ago, Geschosskopf said:

The spice snacks must flow!

As much as I enjoy watching everyone chat about their favorite sauces, here are some more pages! :) 

tm7lj8e.png

gTUdjbt.png

K0W78Gu.png

So yeah, fueling! At this point in the savegame (which is actually some time after this last panel) the monopropellant and oxidant are filled and we have 50,000 units of LF left to go. Intrepid has been on the surface for about 120 hours which I think is not too bad... a few Kerbin-sized days more and we'll be ready to take off! 

Edited by Kuzzter

Thats a lot of ore to process!

21 hours ago, Flow said:

More importantly: Would that be considered a Snacktack?

Yes, but I would call it a Snack Attack.

18 hours ago, Geschosskopf said:

"Mmmmmmmmmm, Tabasko snacks!"

-The crew of the Intrepid

"It's not like the other moons are going anywhere. We've got all the time in the world."

Uh-oh, lemme count those shadows.

One shadows...

Two shadows...

Three shadows...

Four fore shadows...

Ok, Kuzzter, nice work, foreshadowing, etc, etc, etc.

But why is Sarge making the beeping noises himself? Is it because it's fun? Or is he compensating for the lack of a transmission system on the rover?

And Oh, Crap! That's the Joolian system in the background of the Kerbulan ship!