Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 21--Surely she wouldn't do THAT!

Mister Dilsby

4 minutes ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

Yo kuzzter, would it be possible to make a chapter dedicated to the Kerbulans? It's only a suggestion, no need to take it seriously. In the mean time, I'll try to...

Stay Determined . . .

or maybe an evil interlude

8 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

I can imagine the interview now: "Kuzzter, your threads are the most-replied-to in the history of the Internet. How do you do it?" "Well, Ellen, I have to give all the credit to my readers. Really. I didn't ask them to post a complete line-by-line performance of Much Ado About Nothing, but they did it!"

But unless you were running for office, which would make this whole thread a violation of Catch-22 or whatever rule it is,you wouldn't be put in that position :)

8 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

Yes, of course we should do that. I'll start casting immediately. But forget about the greenscreen, it wouldn't look right without a complete human-scale model of the Intrepid. I'll call @Eucl3D for a quote.

Unfortunately, Eucl3D doesn't model hollow things, more's the pity.  But I'd audition for the cheese guy :)

1 hour ago, Kuzzter said:

I'm getting filled with the desire for a loooong break.

Tell ya what:

Wait until the public release of 1.1, work out the bugs when you feel like it, then come back.
No rush. This story is strictly volunteer work, and if you need a break, then TAKE A BREAK!

1 hour ago, Kuzzter said:

I'm getting filled with the desire for a loooong break.

1 hour ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

You take that. Besides, who deserves it but you?

I do believe that he is trying to say that it's his story, and while he appreciates the feedback, all the requests are getting tiring to him.

Why do I believe that? First, he posted a link to a video titled "I Don't Do Requests," and second, he has stated that

On 4/6/2016 at 8:42 PM, Kuzzter said:

[T]he more people talk about Dres the less I want to go there. Probably because the ~5% of posts on this thread that have no content except Dres! Dres! Whooooo! would increase to 312% of all posts on any Dres mission thread. 312%? Yeah, that's probably about right.

This is another example of a request that he has been unwilling to honor. Kuzzter has been very good about responding to feedback, but he has made clear that any storytelling issues will be resolved at his discretion alone..

I think, perhaps, that we should hold off from recommending/shoving suggestions down the author's throat, and sit back and enjoy the story that Kuzzter is telling. After all, it's been pretty good so far!

4 hours ago, Geschosskopf said:

But unless you were running for office, which would make this whole thread a violation of Catch-22 or whatever rule it is,you wouldn't be put in that position :)

Unfortunately, Eucl3D doesn't model hollow things, more's the pity.  But I'd audition for the cheese guy :)

Human-scale model?  Let's do it.

5 minutes ago, Geschosskopf said:

Just as long as I get to be the cheese guy :)  Or at least audition.

Which role should I go for? I'm thinking that lawyer guy, whatever his name is...

Edited by Dman979

2 hours ago, Dman979 said:

I do believe that he is trying to say that it's his story, and while he appreciates the feedback, all the requests are getting tiring to him.

Why do I believe that? First, he posted a link to a video titled "I Don't Do Requests," and second, he has stated that

This is another example of a request that he has been unwilling to honor. Kuzzter has been very good about responding to feedback, but he has made clear that any storytelling issues will be resolved at his discretion alone..

I think, perhaps, that we should hold off from recommending/shoving suggestions down the author's throat, and sit back and enjoy the story that Kuzzter is telling. After all, it's been pretty good so far!

I feel ashamed of myself. I'll take my leaf for now and just lurk around for a while @Kuzzter, I feel terrible for the annoyance I've caused you. I fully understand any frustration on my part.

.... *But nobody came...

1 hour ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

I feel ashamed of myself. I'll take my leaf for now and just lurk around for a while @Kuzzter, I feel terrible for the annoyance I've caused you. I fully understand any frustration on my part.

.... *But nobody came...

*installs Uncharted Lands, where Dres orbits Kerbin

I understand you Kuzzter. If I were bothered to make a graphic novel, I wouldn't take requests.

Thanks guys, I'm glad you get it. The sound you just didn't hear was me erasing a long whiny sob story about my problems being internet-famous. Boo hoo Kuzzter, sadface. But seriously, there are a few things that really do bug me:

--Please don't ask me to tell a certain story, or to tell it in a certain way. Hoping you see something is different, and that's OK.
--Please don't post in my mission thread (or anyone else's) for no other purpose than to promote yourself.
--Please trim your darn quotes. I love it when you reply, I hate it when your reply includes the 8 pages I just posted plus four words of your own.

I'm sure other things will bug me too, I am getting old after all. This is the face I will use: :mad:. /rant

48 minutes ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

C'mon guys, don't tease him.I think it's pretty clear he's seriously frustrated about our.... behaviour.

Don't worry about it, one great feature of the forum software is I won't have to see more than one such post from any user :) 

Been reading Duna, Eve and Jool so far. Are we just witnessing some evolution of storytelling or the evolution of a space agency to a Star Trek like federation/empire? If I recall correctly the federation's first antagonist were the Klingons, not the Romulans. The Kerbulans, however, do have a lot of traits in common with the Klingons, so yeah, I am curious to see how this evolves in future...Kerbulans killing the son of Jeb and he in turn blowing up the Intrepid - gotta have to come that way...

17 minutes ago, something said:

Been reading Duna, Eve and Jool so far. Are we just witnessing some evolution of storytelling or the evolution of a space agency to a Star Trek like federation/empire? If I recall correctly the federation's first antagonist were the Klingons, not the Romulans. The Kerbulans, however, do have a lot of traits in common with the Klingons, so yeah, I am curious to see how this evolves in future...Kerbulans killing the son of Jeb and he in turn blowing up the Intrepid - gotta have to come that way...

First off, I love that the notification just said "something has replied". Very ominous. :)

So yes, my intent has always been to make Kerbfleet somewhat of an analogue of Starfleet mashed up with elements of the American military, Battlestar Galactica, the Royal Navy, and pretty much anything else that strikes me as awesome and/or funny. That's why speech balloons from the start used the same colors as ST:TOS uniforms, and of course why the Kerbfleet characters wear those color uniforms now (along with ST:TNG rank pins)

The Kerbulans (as has been explained a couple of thousand posts ago, but I wouldn't expect anyone to wade through that much stuff to find this out) are themselves a mashup of the Klingons, the Romulans and the Star Trek 'mirror' universe. Will we ever have some sort of "Undiscovered Country" kind of story where the veterans of whatever happens next in this book are tasked with a mission of peace to Kerbulus? Perhaps, after Nimnus explodes, rendering the planet uninhabitable? No idea. I've got all I can do to get through this one first :) 

Edited by Kuzzter

12 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

First off, I love that the notification just said "something has replied". Very ominous. :)

I always think that to myself when getting that notification, too. :) 

12 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

So yes, my intent has always been to make Kerbfleet somewhat of an analogue of Starfleet mashed up with elements of the American military, Battlestar Galactica, the Royal Navy, and pretty much anything else that strikes me as awesome and/or funny.

I do love all love when you throw in those little bits, even if they're really small.  It amuses me. :)

22 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

@Kuzzter Just out of curiosity, does Wild Red Industries need to make a warhead part for the Kerbulus torpedoes?

I thought a Kerbulan torpedo would be a small, single seater capsule with a Klaw mounted on one end and a suitably sized SRB stuck on the other. The capsule interior is decorated with carefully selected photographs of Kerbulans being kind to cute fluffy animals, helping their enemies' grandmothers across the road, handing over all surplus Brownball 'equipment' to the referee when politely requested to do so, and other images chosen to send the capsule inhabitant into an incandescent berserking rage.

Upon arrival at the target vessel, the Klaw chews through the hull, the capsule hatch pops off and the payload is released. Said payload is now in the correct frame of mind to single-handedly lay waste to anything and everything within the enemy ship, including crew, ancillary equipment, and minor bulkheads and load bearing members.

(For the avoidance of doubt, this post is not a request, suggestion nor expectation of any sort regarding the Kerbfleet universe. Ideally, it should not be taken remotely seriously and will cheerfully be deleted at Kuzzter's request.)

Edited by KSK

7 minutes ago, KSK said:

(For the avoidance of doubt, this post is not a request, suggestion nor expectation of any sort regarding the Kerbfleet universe. Ideally, it should not be taken remotely seriously and will cheerfully be deleted at Kuzzter's request.)

Speculation and headcanon are always encouraged, especially when it's of such high quality :)