Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 28--and the answer to Angelo's question is...

Mister Dilsby

That was beautiful!!

I kept wondering how that Gumdrop was going to come into play.

Also, nice double deception with the suit and the fighter.

Klawing Evil Jeb was a totally badass move, too.  Dilsby is definitely kicking some Kerbulan butt.

Thanks once again @Mister Dilsby!

Happy landings!

Well, well, well. I had thought up a sneaky plan I was quite sure Dilsby was going to put in action. It didn't turn out quite as I expected. It turned out better

Because if course it did. Kuzzter Dils @Mister Dilsbyis a great storyteller and I'm not :)

Thank you both! I have had the advantage of thinking about this for a few years. I'm happy I got away with it, and also happy I don't have to keep so many unconnected objects in close orbit any more. If you squint you can just barely see the edge of the Gumdrop Dilsby picked up peeking out behind his Kerbulan fighter in the last panel posted on 10 March. Of course, hiding that docked Gumdrop is exactly why Dilsby is thrusting in the ventral direction towards Evil Jeb and not following the standard convention for orienting a ship engaged in space combat.

17 minutes ago, Angelo Kerman said:

Awesome! And a little confused.. Is Mr. Dilsby now in Jeb's fighter and Jeb's fighter is docked to the Gumdrop?

Yes! Dilsby is now in Jeb’s fighter, and Jeb’s fighter is docked to the Gumdrop—which was originally docked to Dilsby’s fighter, and… oh right I forgot

Now, that i have discovered, that Mr.  Dilsby has returned...  my  mind                is                                        blown                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     a                                                                                                                                                   

way   

:confused: :0.0: :cool: :o ;) :wink: :rolleyes: :D

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2024 at 2:01 AM, Angelo Kerman said:

I remember how the Kerbulans "negotiate" by bombing the crap out of each other...

Ah, the old “aggressive negotiations” trick. Anakin would be proud.

10 hours ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

Ah, the old “aggressive negotiations” trick. Anakin would be proud.

Well.. Evil Bob is many things. The Chosen One? Not so sure.

Also I'm old enough to remember watching Episode IV in the theater, so the prequels and sequels can HEYOOO my sweet WATCH IT NOW!!

I am a little nervous that Evil Bob appears to be able to bypass the turbolift lockout. But I wonder of he has peaceful intentions? If Kerbals have demonstrated that they are capable of violence, who is to say that Kerbulans are not capable of peacefully working out their differences? 

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Deddly said:

I am a little nervous that Evil Bob appears to be able to bypass the turbolift lockout

Well, truth be told I may be taking a little shortcut. We're getting close to whatever the end is, and frankly it's just more efficient if the main people who need to talk next can do it in the same room. Especially when getting visual effects right can mean an hour of flying people around in jetpacks, dealing with helmet bugs, and trying to orient bridge sets sunny-side up for better lighting etc., for just a couple of panels.

If there's any concern about continuity etc., well I did hang a lampshade with the thread title. I was considering having Evil Bob throw even more snark than his "abusing crew transfers" comment by pointing out that the "turbolifts" are just part-clipped lander cans, and why couldn't he just transfer into a docked landing craft? Well if he could do that, why did the boarding parties have to burn through bulkheads etc. to get aboard? I'm certainly not going to explain it! This is why the author's crew compartment is as well-stocked with lampshades as KSP craft are with flags and EVA propellant.

9 hours ago, Deddly said:

If Kerbals have demonstrated that they are capable of violence, who is to say that Kerbulans are not capable of peacefully working out their differences? 

Who's to say? A couple of thoughts from a similarly mirrored situation: (1) It is far easier for civilized [kerbs] to behave like barbarians than it is for barbarians to behave like civilized [kerbs], BUT, (2) ruthlessly evil or not, it is possible to be a "[kerb] of integrity" in more than one universe.

Edited by Mister Dilsby

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Angelo Kerman said:

I just had a thought: what happened to that Kraken Egg?

...and the mother of said Egg... Which one is the ghost, which one the machine? :science:

48 minutes ago, Deddly said:

The Ghost was Evil Gregmore. 

I think he meant the Kraken ghost that shook up one of the Kerbulan fighters at some point. I would find the panel but I'm not sure where in the thread it is.