Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 28--and the answer to Angelo's question is...

Mister Dilsby

53 minutes ago, Parkaboy said:

Walt definitely shoul do more musical interludes, that was absolutely perfect! And I don't know why, but the Derpstar reminds me of a Wolkswagen Beetle...

Dorky but incredibly useful, with a curved back end? Yep, I think you nailed it...new game! Every time you see the Derpstar yell, "punch derpy no punchbacks!" and slug the person next to you. :D 

1 hour ago, Parkaboy said:

Walt definitely shoul do more musical interludes, that was absolutely perfect!

It was good, but after reading that post I sat at my desk, working on some drawings, with "Eye of the Tiger" running continuously in my head for about an hour before I realized "I need to put some music on."

*dun. dun dun dun. dun dun dunnnn....*  Over and over and over... :P

2 hours ago, FyunchClick said:

K-k-k-kerb. (fleet!),

Oh my. We must be of an age, you and I. I saw that cartoon (and detested it) myself as a kid. I remember the theme song pretty well, mostly because we used it to mock a neighborhood kid unfortunately named M-m-m-Matt!

28 minutes ago, boccelounge said:

*dun. dun dun dun. dun dun dunnnn....*  Over and over and over... :P

Yeah, sorry about that. I finally got it out of my own head by (1) writing the comic and (2) starting work on the next song... well, more of an anthem really :) 

16 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

Yes I know a Kerbal sitting in a cockpit doesn't change the mass. It's funnier this way :) 

Oh boy, yet another Kerbfleet mission to face a trial upon return :)

Hmm, the stowaway will get away with that due to the statute of limitations having run before he gets back, but he'll be accumulating on-going AWOL/desertion offenses for the job he's supposed to be doing.  The rest of the crew would only be in trouble for aiding and abetting if they discover him before the transfer burn and don't kick him off the boat :)  But as Heinlein used to say, "once the ship lifts, all bills are paid".

It took me forever to find the post where Kuzzter listed the crew manifest.

I have a guess as to who the mystery passenger is.

I must say I was quite curious whether Kenlie would reveal any if his unusual experiences to his colleagues or command.  That has yet to play out.

Happy Concerned landings!

49 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

Ohh, this is torture. I know that the comic is there, but I can't read it for another 7 hours! Arrrgh!

All right, transcription for the internet impaired... it's short enough I'll do it :) 

WALT: (playing guitar) DANANANA!! DANANANA!! DUNN! DUN DUN DUN! DUN DUN NUN! DUN DUN--

GENE: Ahhh…okay Walt, you can stop now—this is the last SSTO flight…Get ready, Samantha. The Intrepid will be in intercept position in three… two… one… mark!

SAM: (taking off in Derpstar, with a yellow-uniformed Fleet pilot next to her in the cockpit) Here we go! [Z]

[new page]

SAM: You’re so lucky, Kenlie! I wish I got to go to Jool!

KENLIE: (the other pilot in the cockpit) Lucky? Uh…. yeah, I suppose you could say that…  …I mean, it’s not like they had a choice, right? There’s so many boats to fly, and I was the only Fleet pilot left on the roster. By the way Samantha, did you notice our takeoff mass was a little off?

SAM: Yeah, by 94 kilos. Don’t worry, I corrected it.

[view of the cargo bay containing a small rover and a Gumdrop lander. We see a yellow-uniformed Fleet pilot is sitting in the Gumdrop cockpit!]

STOWAWAY: (thought balloon) Doo... doo doo doo...

/notMRS

4 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

It took me forever to find the post where Kuzzter listed the crew manifest.

Yes, it's funny I needed to refer to it a while ago and it took me a long time too it's buried in between Quadhammer landings in Chapter 3. Here it is all by itself:

HXMpEOp.png

53 minutes ago, smjjames said:

*wonders if he should go through the archive and try to figure out who the stowaway is, or just wait until the next comic*

There's bound to be at least a half dozen stray Jebs lurking about from the crossover. 

7 minutes ago, Torgo said:

There's bound to be at least a half dozen stray Jebs lurking about from the crossover. 

I don't think so.  If my guess is correct, this is a Kerbfleet officer we've met before.

Kuzzter doesn't tend to have too many magical occurrences in the stories (the crossover being a notable exception).

Happy Concerned landings

4 minutes ago, Torgo said:

I can at least say it isn't one of them. Whoever it is, he really is a Kerbfleet pilot and he is on the roster--three star pilot, no less! ;) 

12 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

I can at least say it isn't one of them. Whoever it is, he really is a Kerbfleet pilot and he is on the roster--three star pilot, no less! ;) 

Only problem is, in the roster that you posted a bit further up the page, the only pilot that isn't already onboard is Kenlie, unless someone rode down by accident.

Just now, smjjames said:

Only problem is, in the roster that you posted a bit further up the page, the only pilot that isn't already onboard is Kenlie, unless someone rode down by accident.

Sorry, that's the Intrepid's crew manifest. By roster I mean the list of available pilots, engineers and scientists that you get when you pull up a list of available crew to populate a craft :) 

UPDATE!!!

All craft are now docked to Intrepid, and the crew is aboard (not saying yet how many that is :) ) The final tally is:

• Life support and habs for 12 crew, 5 year endurance
  • Seats for 34 crew, counting landers and bridge chairs but not counting the two chairs on the docked rover
  • Ship's boat/rover Qwammer with seating for 3, ISRU capability and sufficient dV for a single stage Tylo descent/ascent
  • 2x RCS dinghy Gumdrop, each seats 2, full science, with dV for single stage Bop or Pol visit/return
  • Spaceplane Skimmeroo, seats 2, amphibious, airbreathing, Laythe/Kerbin SSTO capable
  • 4x Scansat probes each with 3600dV
  • 2x Jooldiver expendable atmospheric probes
  • Micro Rover [NOT YET NAMED] with vacuum science suite, RCS maneuver capability and seats for two
  • 808 parts
  • 700+tons, partially fueled 

:D:D:D:D:D 

1 hour ago, Geschosskopf said:

And he likes cheese?

Anyway, I hope you built excess capacity into the life support system :)

Well, who doesn't? But per the above, the system is indeed sized for 12...