The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

Bravo. Well deserved. Jolly good.

I do wonder if this means Emiko will stay stickied until the next Thread of the Year...?

On 12/21/2016 at 0:23 PM, Just Jim said:

....the strange singing seemed to get louder....

For some reason my mind inserted the Nausicaä Requiem here. La, la lalala la la.....

2 hours ago, Cydonian Monk said:

For some reason my mind inserted the Nausicaä Requiem here. La, la lalala la la.....

:D

2 hours ago, Cydonian Monk said:

I do wonder if this means Emiko will stay stickied until the next Thread of the Year...?

I don't know... this is all new to me.

On 12/22/2016 at 2:51 PM, Cydonian Monk said:

59 minutes ago, TheEpicSquared said:

@Just Jim

The views on this thread will skyrocket (pun intended) if this gets stickied until December 2017. That, of course, is a good thing :wink: 

I pm'd @sal_vager and asked, and it will probably stickied just for January, which is fine with me. Everyone knows where it is anyway.

As for the view count, I'm not sure it can get much faster. Right now, on average, I'm getting between 500-1000 views a day... usually around 600-700, and peaking around 1000 for a day or two right after a new chapter... which is pretty staggering to me. So if being at the top for a while gets some new people interested, that's really cool. But I don't need it stickied all year, I'm getting more than enough views anyway. Let the TOTM's, especially if they're new writers, have it so they can generate some new readers. :)

3 hours ago, DualDesertEagle said:

Are u really THAT surprised about ur thread being awarded? It's a great story u cranked out and kept going for over a year by now, which is something that few ppl have achieved.

Well, honestly, there are some other really great fan fiction projects on here.  :)

But more than that... I hate to admit it, but I hadn't really been keeping up. And I didn't know they were even considering starting a thread of the year. So when it did happen, it was a complete surprise.

Happy Holiday everyone!!!  :D

Just a quick update. I had some free time yesterday and finally updated to version 1.2.2, and it looks like everything survived! I need to double check, but I still have the right number of personnel, and it looks like all my ships are still where they're supposed to be.

So I'm going to try and squeeze in one more chapter before new years. And for the new year I'm seriously looking at adding a couple more really nice mods. Actually I think there were 6... maybe 8???  Not sure.  All because of one part... lol. One part I absolutely had to have the second I saw it. The rest was just really yummy icing on the cake. :)

10 hours ago, Cydonian Monk said:

Sounds like 30 to me. :D

9 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

Yup. That's how it starts with me... One...Two...Three...And an hour later, +15 new mods added!

9 hours ago, 0111narwhalz said:

"I'm gonna do a light mod install!" starts CKAN "I just need this, and this, and this...Ooh! That looks cool!"
Twenty minutes later, 13000 patches.

hehe, yeah, I can see how that can happen. I've been looking at several others that are really tempting. And I've gone way overboard with other games, the Sims2 most of all. I went really nuts downloading all sorts of extra stuff for that one... a lot of which is making the Emiko backstory possible.

But this time I have to weigh each new mod against the Emiko Station story line. I can't just throw a bunch of new stuff into the game without some sort of explanation or backstory, or it would just look weird. In fact, without giving it all away, much of the next chapter will revolve around the mods I've just added.

Wow, I just don't do that... the way I figure, as the game progresses there will be development of "new technologies." In fact, there's one I am planning to introduce within the next chapter...

I've actually toyed around with an idea of listing the mods I do use for Kerny's Journal, but am not sure I want to put it in as a post or just maybe make it a status update.

Edited by adsii1970

Wow... today was interesting. I got a lot of the screenshots done, only to realize Emiko Station itself was missing!!! Apparently it was the only thing to not survive me updating yesterday. Bit I'm starting to understand how the persistent file works, and I was eventually able to copy and paste the actual Emiko Station from one of the backups into my updated career.  Took me a few attempts to get it right, but it finally showed back up where it belongs.  whew..........  

2 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Wow... today was interesting. I got a lot of the screenshots done, only to realize Emiko Station itself was missing!!! Apparently it was the only thing to not survive me updating yesterday. Bit I'm starting to understand how the persistent file works, and I was eventually able to copy and paste the actual Emiko Station from one of the backups into my updated career.  Took me a few attempts to get it right, but it finally showed back up where it belongs.  whew..........  

LOL:)

57 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Those are heart-stopping moments! Believe me, I've had a few.

10 hours ago, StupidAndy said:

I've never had any...mostly because I've never dedicated myself to one save...and i dont know any or all computer science...cant even get CKAN, KAS+KIS installed properly... :( 

Honestly, if it wasn't for the story, I would have just started a new career.

And I've never once used CKAN. I don't really get it.

8 hours ago, 0111narwhalz said:

Welcome to the ranks of the persistomancers, Jim. You are now one with the likes of Kerbfleet Bill and Hyperedit.

hehehe.... more like apprentice persistomancer.... :wink:

Edited by Just Jim

58 minutes ago, KAL 9000 said:

Congrats on Thread Of The Year (TOTY?)! It's just a hop, skip, and a jump from TAKING OVER THE TRI-STATE AREA KSP FORUMS!!!

Oh.... I have no intentions of taking over the forum.... 

(says the guy with the Invader Zim avatar... :rolleyes:)

2 minutes ago, 0111narwhalz said:

Gotta start somewhere. Next thing you know, you'll be fixing docking ports and installing heat pipes.

heat pipes????  Now that's an interesting idea....