The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

Oh wow!!! 
I went and made some lunch, and came back to find this thread has gone well over 5000 views!
And I couldn't begin to count the likes.....

You all are AWESOME!!!  

Thank you for making this so much fun to do!!!!   :D

2 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Oh wow!!! 
I went and made some lunch, and came back to find this thread has gone well over 5000 views!
And I couldn't begin to count the likes.....

You all are AWESOME!!!  

Thank you for making this so much fun to do!!!!   :D

Buddy if all you need is Likes to be happy, let me send you a box! :)

You have earned every Scrap of praise you've won.  We thank You.

2 minutes ago, GarrisonChisholm said:

Buddy if all you need is Likes to be happy, let me send you a box! :)

You have earned every Scrap of praise you've won.  We thank You.

Well.... now that you mention it, I could use a new supercomputer....  :sticktongue:

Edited by Just Jim

12 minutes ago, GarrisonChisholm said:

Let me re-phrase; you have earned all the thanks which our MORTAL RESOURCES can bestow.  ;)

hahahahaha.... I had to try!   :wink:

3 hours ago, kookoo_gr said:

very nice story and ending. i read all of it today and i can't wait for part 2. There were parts that reminded me of the saga of the seven suns by kevin j. anderson. now i have to wait another day to like the last two parts of the story

I haven't read that.... but he's the same Kevin J. Anderson working with Brian Herbert on all the new Dune Books? 
I am a huge fan of the Dune series, both old and new, and I will definitely hunt down Saga of the Seven Suns... thanks!!!

yes he is the same kevin j anderson. he has written the saga of the seven suns (seven books) and it continues at the saga of shadows trilogy (3rd book will be published this year) they are a must to read, the action and the plot is well so paced that you won't stop reading

34 minutes ago, kookoo_gr said:

yes he is the same kevin j anderson. he has written the saga of the seven suns (seven books) and it continues at the saga of shadows trilogy (3rd book will be published this year) they are a must to read, the action and the plot is well so paced that you won't stop reading

Awesome.  I will look for them.  I absolutely love how he and Brian Herbert are able to emulate Frank Herbert's style so perfectly.  It's really hard to tell the old Dune books from the new ones, and that is a rare art.

Oh hey.... now that part two is finished, there's something I wanted to show off a little... lol... the mother-saucer.

eMZXIui.jpg

I won't lie, I had to use hyper-edit to position it correctly on the administration building for the story. 
However.... and this is what I'm kinda proud of... it can make orbit without cheating! 
And get at least as far as the Mun, and probably Minmus. 
I was all sorts of happy when I got it into orbit a few weeks ago, but I had to keep it secret.

It's a hexagon asparagus design, with four stages, and a total of 18 Swivels and one Poodle engine. 
The gas lines are positioned to be out of sight, but running all thru it. 
Oh, and it's all stock.

A2rg6oa.jpg

xW4Klzh.jpg

MMmygME.jpg

Anyway, like I said, I wanted to show it off after I built it, but I couldn't.   
I was really amused I could make something so odd looking and actually get it to work.
It's what makes KSP such a great game!  We really are only limited by our imaginations... :D

5 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

I was really amused I could make something so odd looking and actually get it to work.
It's what makes KSP such a great game!  We really are only limited by our imaginations... :D

I never doubted for a minute that launch and orbit were legit. It's a neat-looking craft, probably one of the best 3-ring designs I've ever seen. (but yeah you totally hyperedited it to the admin building, cheater :D

6 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

I never doubted for a minute that launch and orbit were legit. It's a neat-looking craft, probably one of the best 3-ring designs I've ever seen. (but yeah you totally hyperedited it to the admin building, cheater :D

Yeah... well... uhhh....  :rolleyes:

I figure where you launch it from isn't so terribly important, just that it can be launched.... lol.....

Oh, and I had to switch the admin building itself to non-destructible, or it didn't stand a chance!   :0.0:

5 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Yeah... well... uhhh....  :rolleyes:

I figure where you launch it from isn't so terribly important, just that it can be launched.... lol.....

No, you should have flown it there and landed it! Manually, and without SAS! Just like I landed the M7 Eve rescue vehicle on the launchpad at KSC2! And I personally flew to Brazil so I could get the actual Kappa Jeb from @Parkaboy's save file! And.... and.... OK no I did none of those things. #iamadirtycheater :( 

1 hour ago, Kuzzter said:

No, you should have flown it there and landed it! Manually, and without SAS! Just like I landed the M7 Eve rescue vehicle on the launchpad at KSC2! And I personally flew to Brazil so I could get the actual Kappa Jeb from @Parkaboy's save file! And.... and.... OK no I did none of those things. #iamadirtycheater :( 

I know, sometimes you have to use it. 
There was no way I would have been able to land at the other space center launch pad either.  But I do like landing on buildings, and if it wasn't for needing the fuel, I might have tried to land the saucer on the admin building once, just to see if I could do it.  I love challenges like that!  :wink:

(the following is an archive picture of Val practice landing on buildings..... )

Ivpk1wq.jpg

Edited by Just Jim

1 hour ago, Kuzzter said:

I was gonna say...

Great story by the way, @Just Jim! I'm trying to think of a way to write my own story of my own space program for fun, but I don't think it would go on the forums :) it's too hard to get things great for me.

1 hour ago, RA3236 said:

I was gonna say...

Great story by the way, @Just Jim! I'm trying to think of a way to write my own story of my own space program for fun, but I don't think it would go on the forums :) it's too hard to get things great for me.

Go for it! 
Just remember what John F. Kennedy said...  :wink:

Would be great for you to join the Kerbfleet-Kappa crossover since this is a great story to have around the forums. Also, I thought this story would end once Thompberry was defeated buuut....

The tale of Emiko Station is far, far from over.....

I wonder how part 3 will turn out, but for now I'll pray that you'll join in on the best crossover this forum has ever seen.

Go for it!

Just remember what John F. Kennedy said... ;) 

I'd also like to ask some tips for story writing from one of the masters if you wouldn't mind because I'm thinking of starting a story on the forums too.

Edited by Greenhornet553

"WE chose to go to the Moon! We chose to go to the Moon, and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard.

John F. Kennedy  1917-1963

I look at this every day, and I'm still inspired. RIP J.F.K. ;.;

53 minutes ago, Greenhornet553 said:

Would be great for you to join the Kerbfleet-Kappa crossover since this is a great story to have around the forums. Also, I thought this story would end once Thompberry was defeated buuut....

I wonder how part 3 will turn out, but for now I'll pray that you'll join in on the best crossover this forum has ever seen.

I'd also like to ask some tips for story writing from one of the masters if you wouldn't mind because I'm thinking of starting a story on the forums too.

OK...... first, I think we can safely assume we haven't seen the last of Thompberry.

As for the crossover..... while I'm not saying no, it's complicated.  First, you have to understand, I'm the new kid on the block, PB and K have been doing this a lot longer than I have, so the decision is really theirs, not mine.  More importantly, they've been working really hard just to make sure their two stories crossover seamlessly.... adding mine might make things just too hard to keep straight.  For now, it may just be shoutouts back and forth between us.  Down the road, who can say?

As for writing, I'm no master. This is really my first big project, so I'm not sure how I can advise you, except think of your favorite author, and try to be like them.  I don't mean copy what they write, but how they write it.  Look at how they structure sentences and paragraphs, and see if you can do the same.  Remember you're trying to entertain others, so bear in mind what keeps you entertained when you set up your story.
I like to use different sub-plots, to keep things switching back and forth between chapters.  Always try to end a chapter on a cliffhanger......  make the audience want more, especially if your switching to a different sub-plot in the next chapter..... be cruel, leave them hanging.  They'll grumble and curse, and I promise they'll love you for it!
Lastly, take screenshots to go with the story.  Up to you whether you alter them into a comic format, or just use them as illustrations, like I'm doing.  Take your time with them, play around, have fun with them.  For instance, I had a riot setting up the power tower.  FYI, it has 8 different engines hidden inside it, and all sorts of colored spotlights, all action keyed so I can turn them on and off independently.  Took me forever to get a working model that didn't explode instantly.... but that was half the fun!  I blew up all sorts of stuff.

The most important thing, in my opinion, is have fun with what your writing... don't let it become a chore.

I need to do some serious sorting, re-organizing, and backing up.  
Then I'll start up part-3. 
Hoping I'll have something posted by this weekend.

3 minutes ago, Geschosskopf said:

I'm sure we've not seen the last of Thompberry, although if he reappears I'm betting he'll be even more insane :D

That is one thing I can guarantee!!!   :confused:

1 hour ago, Greenhornet553 said:

For that last part, I can recommend this thread, started by Kuzzter as a good place to start for writing graphic novels or fanfic.

Just caught up with the end of Emiko Station. Guess that's one lunch break I'll never see again - but I regret nothing! Very much enjoying  the story and I can safely say that it's the first one I've ever read that made me go all 'd'awwwww' at menacing, spiky UFOs. I can also definitely empathise with Just Jim's confession that most of the story so far has been an unintended detour. Been there, done that, more often than I care to remember. :)

I do have a couple of comments if you're interested Jim - happy to take those off-thread.

1 minute ago, KSK said:

For that last part, I can recommend this thread, started by Kuzzter as a good place to start for writing graphic novels or fanfic.

Just caught up with the end of Emiko Station. Guess that's one lunch break I'll never see again - but I regret nothing! Very much enjoying  the story and I can safely say that it's the first one I've ever read that made me go all 'd'awwwww' at menacing, spiky UFOs. I can also definitely empathise with Just Jim's confession that most of the story so far has been an unintended detour. Been there, done that, more often than I care to remember. :)

I do have a couple of comments if you're interested Jim - happy to take those off-thread.

Oh my..... I guess I owe you lunch... :wink:

As for comments, sure, pm me if you wish...  

26 minutes ago, TopHeavy11 said:

"WE chose to go to the Moon! We chose to go to the Moon, and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard.

John F. Kennedy  1917-1963

I look at this every day, and I'm still inspired. RIP J.F.K. ;.;

Exactly!!!! 

OK, I've been thinking....  (oh nooo....)

I think I said somewhere in here I had planned a few more parts, and the next one would be a little more light-hearted.... well, I changed my mind.  
It's my universe, I can do what I want...... :sticktongue:
No, seriously, the more I think about it, the more I don't want to lighten things up, I want to keep things going just the way they are.  And maybe make them worse...... hehehe
I can't deny it, I've been holding back a little on you guys up to this point. 
Not any more.... bwaahahahaha... from now on, no mercy. 
I'm going right for the jugular...
I promise more surprises, more cliff-hangers..... definitely more weirdness..... and most of all, more adventures with Harfield and Jandolin and the rest of the gang!!  :wink: 

So it's going to take me a week or so to get everything in place, then the tale of Emiko Station ends....

And the Saga of Emiko Station begins...   :cool:

Edited by Just Jim

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.