The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

7 minutes ago, Andem said:

Believe me, don't read the book or watch the movie. If you are going to engage in either of those, watch the movie, it's incredibly tame in comparison to the book.

yeah, I'll probably pass... I'm not a big movie watcher. 
What I do watch usually has the stamp of approval from my daughter and her BF... they know what I like.  :wink:

9 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

What I do watch usually has the stamp of approval from my daughter and her BF... they know what I like.  :wink:

I'm just going to go out on a limb here and say that even if your daughter and her BF did like that movie, that's just about the last thing they'd ever tell you. :D 

10 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

I'm just going to go out on a limb here and say that even if your daughter and her BF did like that movie, that's just about the last thing they'd ever tell you. :D 

yup... hehehe

They're pretty good at knowing what I would like and not.  It was funny, the first time they saw the 2014 Godzilla trailer, they came and pounded on my door screaming I had to go to YouTube immediately, saying it was a matter of national security!!! 

And they were right.... lol...

Edited by Just Jim

47 minutes ago, Andem said:

Believe me, don't read the book or watch the movie. If you are going to engage in either of those, watch the movie, it's incredibly tame in comparison to the book.

I did. With the wife. She made me. :(

It was Poop. Big stinky runny chunky poop that came from the south end of a northbound cow. A total waste. :P:P

Total Bull-poopy.

Edited by GDJ

21 minutes ago, GDJ said:

I did. With the wife. She made me. :(

It was Poop. Big stinky runny chunky poop that came from the south end of a northbound cow. A total waste. :P:P

Total Bull-poopy.

ewwwwwwwwwwww.... I think I'll stick to my old classic sci-fi movies...

At least they're bad in a good way...    :wink:

7 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

ewwwwwwwwwwww.... I think I'll stick to my old classic sci-fi movies...

At least they're bad in a good way...    :wink:

Yeah I would. 

Remember Disney's "The Black Hole"?

It was a million times better than "50 Shades of Blech"....and "The Black Hole" wasn't great.

1 hour ago, GDJ said:

Yeah I would. 

Remember Disney's "The Black Hole"?

It was a million times better than "50 Shades of Blech"....and "The Black Hole" wasn't great.

I liked the big red robot...  :D

1 hour ago, KSK said:

Yeah, at least with bad sci-fi you do have a chance of it straying into 'so bad it's good' aka 'cult classic' territory.

Those are my favorites.  Speaking of which, "This Island Earth" is on Saturday night on MeTV... Bring on the Mutants!!!!  WOOHOO!!!

1 hour ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

Santa Claus conquers the Martians...

I would so watch this!!!

29 minutes ago, GarrisonChisholm said:

...Faster Pussycat Kill Kill...

Hey.  Its Sci-Fi to someone, ...somewhen... >.>

*laments that Jim's wonderful story thread is being subject to a Force 9 tangential gale..., and yet, does not stop himself from contributing to the tangent*

I don't mind, as long as we don't get too goofy... it's killing time while I get stuff done for the next part of the saga. 

I still need to rebuild and test out a huge ship I had before 1.0.5 came out.  I can't wait to bring her back!!!

And just when I thought things were going good, the game makes me an offer I can't refuse!!!   :cool:

Part three has just gone off in a totally new and... well... I'm not sure what kind of direction. 

I need to go make some jasmine tea and wrap my head around this a little....  then I'll explain.... better yet, I'll just start part three.

Edited by Just Jim

3 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

And just when I thought things were going good, the game makes me an offer I can't refuse!!!   :cool:

Part two has just gone off in a totally new and... well... I'm not sure what kind of direction. 

I need to go make some jasmine tea and wrap my head around this a little....  then I'll explain.... better yet, I'll just start part two.

Take your time and it will turn out well.

The universe is replete with new beginnings. Have faith.

OK, everything I had intended to write has been put on hold... again... this is a good thing... I think.... I hope.

It can wait.

The game itself... this wonderful, frustrating, amazing game... has other intentions for me, and has given me a contract offer I can't refuse. 
One contract, one simple contract, has given me an opportunity to add a whole new section.... bwaahahahaha 

How can I refuse???   :rolleyes:

And hopefully Imgur will co-operate... it's really slow tonight

Edited by Just Jim

5 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

OK, everything I had intended to write has been put on hold... again... this is a good thing... I think.... I hope.

It can wait.

The game itself... this wonderful, frustrating, amazing game... has other intentions for me, and has given me a contract offer I can't refuse. 
One contract, one simple contract, has given me an opportunity to add a whole new section.... bwaahahahaha 

How can I refuse???   :rolleyes:

Let the game guide you. All the best writing comes when the author listens to what his creation has to say.

Chapter 27
The Ultimate Challenge

Not long after Jandolin and Harfield returned to Emiko Station, a fleet of new, heavy satellites and lander probes were sent out to explore the Joolian moons, and a major expansion of Emiko Station began.

x4wMNHQ.jpg

6teImSk.jpg

A couple days after a new crew compartment had been added, Harfield was out gathering samples, as usual, when Jandolin called to him from inside. "Har, sweetheart, can you leave your rocks for a minute and come in here?"

"Absolutely, my dear. Is everything alright?" Harfield asked, pocketing the asteroid samples and climbing up to the hatch.

"Oh yes, I just want to show you something."

XZQBcR4.jpg

Once he reached the upper crew cabin, Harfield let out a shout of joy and surprise as two young Kerbals looked up at him and smiled.

"Oh my..... aren't you the most precious.... what are their names?" Harfield could barely contain himself.

Jandolin smiled, "Her name is Gemgella, after my grandmother. And his name is Theowig, after your great uncle.... aren't they the most beautifff... beauti..... oh......."

And she began to cry, while Harfield reached for the intercom. "Captain Piper.... I think you'll want to see this..... "  

8ZXYks4.jpg

As soon as word reached KASA, work stopped throughout the entire space center, and the celebrating went on late into the night.

2ypqrvR.jpg

Soon the world was joining in, as word of "Gem and Theo" spread across the globe, and at KASA, the party went on until well past midnight. Sometime before dawn, with a bottle of imported Chisholm in his hand, Gene Kerman stood atop the Administration building along side one of his best friends, Parka B. Kerman, heir to the vast Rokea fortune. 

Parka raised his glass and toasted Gene, "You've done well for yourself, my friend."

"As have you, as haaave youuu," Gene sluured, quite happily intoxicated.

"Yes, but it was my grandfather that was the genius. Parka my boy, he used to say, someday, everyone is going to need a vertical mobility enhancer. And he was right."

Refilling their glasses, Parka turned to Gene, "So, my friend, what's next for KASA. What's your next big challenge?"

Gene drank another shot and smiled, "I'm not surrreee... hic... explore the... the universe?" Looking at the space center he shouted, "There's nothing KASA can't do!!!"

"Nothing?" Parka grinned, always eager to provoke his life-long friend into a friendly wager, "Nothing, you say? Are you willing to back up this bold claim, my friend? Is there truly nothing you're admirable KASA cannot do?"

"Nothing," Gene grinned, knowing his friend was about to issue some sort of preposterous challenge. It had been this way all their lives, a never ending friendly war of egos between the two.

"Tell me," Parka asked, pouring off the last of the scotch, "Just how much has this precious space agency of yours made so far? I mean total. How much profit have you brought in since you began?"

Gene thought a moment, the slurred "I believe jusssss under 20 million, more or lesssss." 

Parka smiled, "Then I propose to a challenge so outrageous, so impossible, even your oh so impressive KASA won't be able to do achieve it. A dare so insane you can't say no. In return I will match your 20 million in cold cash."

Gene turned to him and smiled, "Done..... "

nOt62o6.jpg

The next morning Mortimer burst into Gene's office, his face totally drained of color. "What have you done???"

Horribly hung over, Gene raised his head from his desk and just looked at Mortimer confused.

"You have ruined us, do you hear me?" Mortimer began to shout, "We're finished!" 

And he threw a contract down in front of Gene.

Trying to get his eyes to focus, Gene began to read. Slowly at first, then faster, until finally he sat upright in horror. "Oh no.... what have I done?"

Mortimer sat down and shook his head, "It's legally binding, we have no option. And I know Parka, he will make you stick to this Ultimate Challenge."

Gene looked back down at the contract. How could he have been so stupid? This would change the course of KASA for years, possible bankrupt them completely.... how??? Looking down he read the challenge again. The rules were so simple, but so horribly impossible.

Visit every planet and moon in the entire solar system in one ship and return to Kerbin to tell the tale.

vYpu7sP.jpg

yV3f1C6.jpg

Feeling sick, and more than a little embarrassed, Gene reached over to his intercom and said in a quite voice to his secretary, "Call a meeting."

The Saga of Emiko Station is far, far from over

Go to Chapter 28
Return to Index

Edited by Just Jim

The fun part is I can take my time with the kids... they may prove to be the bigger challenge.   :sticktongue: 
The part that has me a little challenged myself is I have no idea at this moment if and how to build this ship... lol... 
So I'm not exactly sure how this is going to ultimately end..... hehehe. 
Just like my favorite: Doctor Who, I'll be making a lot of this up as I go along, and hope it all comes out right in the end.  :0.0:

Ahh don't worry about it guys and gals.

As of right now I have in my game (no BS here) 1,584,886,427.27 funds (did it all almost honestly.....450 contracts done).

Even if Gene loses, I'll pay off the 20 million and OWN THE KSC!!! MUHAHAHAHHAAAAAAA!

:D

Just now, GDJ said:

Ahh don't worry about it guys and gals.

As of right now I have in my game (no BS here) 1,584,886,427.27 funds (did it all almost honestly.....450 contracts done).

Even if Gene loses, I'll pay off the 20 million and OWN THE KSC!!! MUHAHAHAHHAAAAAAA!

:D

Sorry..... I'm not making the shares of my stock public!!!   :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.