The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

7 minutes ago, KAL 9000 said:

Please tell me you get the reference!

This is soooo off-topic... but who cares??? Yes, I'm a huge P&F fan!!!  :D

Spoiler

Now... back to our regularly scheduled program... lol.... 

Edited by Just Jim

4 minutes ago, KAL 9000 said:

HAIL DOOFANIA! 

I know, right!

Back on topic now.

Actually, there is a bit of Doofensmirtz in Thompberry...

Not that he's incompetent... But like Doof, Thompberry never quite got the hang of being truly evil.  :wink:

Edited by Just Jim

10 minutes ago, max_creative said:

Shouldn't it have been "The Tower of Powerinator?" Instead of "The Tower of Power?" :D 

Actually, if I had thought if it back then, I would have dropped the word tower completely and gone with just Powerinator!  :D

OK, back on topic  :D

I've been making new stuff all day, but it took a little longer than I thought. Nothing bad, it's just I have to teach myself a couple new things.

Sooo.... because I'm falling behind... again... lol... here's a teaser screenshot from the next chapter.
Should pretty much explain what I've been up to the last few days:

Spoiler

"WOOOOHOOOOOO", Piper screamed. "I SO want one of these!!!"

k9iYiTe.png

16 hours ago, Just Jim said:

OK, back on topic  :D

I've been making new stuff all day, but it took a little longer than I thought. Nothing bad, it's just I have to teach myself a couple new things.

Sooo.... because I'm falling behind... again... lol... here's a teaser screenshot from the next chapter.
Should pretty much explain what I've been up to the last few days:

Reveal hidden contents

"WOOOOHOOOOOO", Piper screamed. "I SO want one of these!!!"

k9iYiTe.png

I understand, making new stuff is a lot of error and error... I mean trial and error.

6 hours ago, DualDesertEagle said:

Happy new year everyone! Jim, how,,'s it going? Can't wait for the next chapter!

3 hours ago, obney kerman said:

Happy new year!

Thanks!

I spent yesterday building new vehicles, one in particular took most of the day. Today I've been field testing that one and getting screenshots for the next chapter. I've also been teaching myself KAS. Yes, I've had it for a while, but truth is, I haven't used it much until now. Anyway, I hope to get this batch of screenshots wrapped up today. Then I want to re-read @Geschosskopf's Outer Planets Traveling Circus, and make sure I have some things about Sanny correct. I got thinking about her...This isn't really a full blown crossover, but she's become more than just a cameo at this point... I suppose she's a "special guest-star"?  :)

19 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Thanks!

I spent yesterday building new vehicles, one in particular took most of the day. Today I've been field testing that one and getting screenshots for the next chapter. I've also been teaching myself KAS. Yes, I've had it for a while, but truth is, I haven't used it much until now. Anyway, I hope to get this batch of screenshots wrapped up today. Then I want to re-read @Geschosskopf's Outer Planets Traveling Circus, and make sure I have some things about Sanny correct. I got thinking about her...This isn't really a full blown crossover, but she's become more than just a cameo at this point... I suppose she's a "special guest-star"?  :)

Welcome to Emiko Station! With our very special guest (drumroll) Sanny The Ghost! (applause)

2 hours ago, Just Jim said:

I've re-written the chapter three times and it still feels wrong.... I'm missing something,..... not sure what yet, but it feels incomplete... :(

I hate that feeling. Put it down for awhile, read something else, then go back over it. Probably won't help. It's not creator's block, so to say, but your unconcious self warning you that something is off. 

I used to feel that way over most of the software I'd create.... Now I just accept that I'll miss something minor and have to fix it in revision. Harder to do that with prose. 

Edited by Cydonian Monk
s/fell/feel

2 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Hey everyone.... just a quick update. the screenshots are done, but I've re-written the chapter three times and it still feels wrong.... I'm missing something,..... not sure what yet, but it feels incomplete... :(

Don't worry, everything I write feels wrong, even when all I get for it is praise.

3 hours ago, Cydonian Monk said:

I hate that feeling. Put it down for awhile, read something else, then go back over it. Probably won't help. It's not creator's block, so to say, but your unconcious self warning you that something is off. 

I used to feel that way over most of the software I'd create.... Now I just accept that I'll miss something minor and have to fix it in revision. Harder to do that with prose. 

I'm gonna go thru and re-read my last 20 chapters or so in the morning. You're right, it's not a block... more like a gut feeling I'm either missing something, or contradicting myself somewhere... but I can't figure out what or where... 

Hey everyone, I got good news, bad news, and then more good news... :rolleyes:

Good news: I came at this chapter from a different angle, and I'm much happier with how it feels. I want to send a really big thank-you to my buddy @adsii1970 for letting me bounce ideas off of him the last couple days, and for giving me a couple wonderful suggestions that will make this tie together nicely.

Bad news: I need to get all new screenshots.  ;.;

2nd Good news: I've been playing all afternoon and evening, and the new screenshots are already done.  :sticktongue:

So I'll do a little photoshopping in the morning, upload everything, and fingers crossed get this next one written up by tomorrow evening.

Edited by Just Jim